Found Deceased OH - Rabin Subedi, travelling from PA to OH, car found, Ashtabula, 27 March 2021

Mind blowing to me that there is still no new information since the last week of March. As I stated before MOO they are waiting for this body to eventually float to the service which could take months.

heart breaking how much this family is struggling without answers :(

"If you really love us you will come home. We both parents can’t eat and sleep and shall be crying until we find you."

Link is a FB post from his mother.

The family’s FB post sure makes it sound like they think he disappeared voluntarily. And have a strong belief that he’s still alive. I hope they are right.

Since adults are legally free to disappear whenever they want, if LE shares the family’s opinion we may never get an update at all....

I live about an hour from Erie and grew up in town a half hour over into Ohio. Lake Erie has many drownings each spring and summer, and some have even killed themselves by going into the frigid lake in winter. Bodies float up to be found and I dread hearing this will happen with Rabin. But I tend to think he is in the lake, may have kept his suicidal feelings to himself and chose that place to end it. Suicide is not rational. I wonder if he wasn't deeply ashamed of dropping out of college and never telling anyone the truth. Seems, from his girlfriend's posts on Facebook, he helped her a lot with her own depression and anxiety. She and his family are clearly devastated. How do you just go on, not knowing what happened and with no body?I do not think he left to start anew life but just MOO. Sure would be a better resolution. Dread yet hope for Rabin's body to be found here along Lake Erie.

I live about an hour from Erie and grew up in town a half hour over into Ohio. Lake Erie has many drownings each spring and summer, and some have even killed themselves by going into the frigid lake in winter. Bodies float up to be found and I dread hearing this will happen with Rabin. But I tend to think he is in the lake, may have kept his suicidal feelings to himself and chose that place to end it. Suicide is not rational. I wonder if he wasn't deeply ashamed of dropping out of college and never telling anyone the truth. Seems, from his girlfriend's posts on Facebook, he helped her a lot with her own depression and anxiety. She and his family are clearly devastated. How do you just go on, not knowing what happened and with no body?I do not think he left to start anew life but just MOO. Sure would be a better resolution. Dread yet hope for Rabin's body to be found here along Lake Erie.

It is pretty interesting how many disappear into the lake. I wonder if this is true for other large bodies of water, or any of the other Great Lakes? Is it just us in "Dreary Erie?" we've always been surrounded by strange and unusual...

Still No Sign of Missing Millcreek Man

"Millcreek Police investigators say there is still no sign of a township man who went missing Friday March 26, and is suspected of disappearing into Lake Erie, off the South Pier near Lampe Marina Campground.

For several days in March and April, a Search and Rescue team from Christian Aid Ministries, with high tech sonar and an underwater drone, assisted local authorities in searching for 21-year-old Rabin Subedi.

Subedi was reported missing by family members after he failed to arrived in Kent, Ohio for a planned visit to his girlfriend.

He was last seen getting a haircut in Erie, and according to police and family members he was in contact with his girlfriend telling her that he was in Ashtabula County and would arrive late because of traffic.

Millcreek Police investigators who "pinged" Subedi's cell phone, and checked the GPS system from his car, told Erie News Now recently that it appears the man never traveled to Ohio at all the night he went missing.

The man's white Ford Mustang was found in the Lampe parking lot. Police checked security camera footage there and reported that the video showed someone parking there around 10:00 p.m. on March 26, getting out of the car and heading into the waters there off the South Pier. After several days, the search was suspended. Police say they have no reason to suspect foul play." (BBM)

@abbyrdpsu thanks for sharing the update.

to note:
•he failed to arrive in Kent, Ohio for a planned visit to his girlfriend
•he was last seen getting a haircut in Erie
•according to police and family members he was in contact with his girlfriend telling her that he was in Ashtabula County and would arrive late because of traffic
•it appears the man never traveled to Ohio at all the night he went missing

More just thinking aloud...Why would he tell his girlfriend he was in OH when he never was in the particular state that night? Reasons?

@abbyrdpsu thanks for sharing the update.

to note:
•he failed to arrive in Kent, Ohio for a planned visit to his girlfriend
•he was last seen getting a haircut in Erie
•according to police and family members he was in contact with his girlfriend telling her that he was in Ashtabula County and would arrive late because of traffic
•it appears the man never traveled to Ohio at all the night he went missing

More just thinking aloud...Why would he tell his girlfriend he was in OH when he never was in the particular state that night? Reasons?
I wonder if he’d planned self harm, maybe it’s just one of those things people say or do, maybe to buy more time before anyone looks for them? They don’t want to be stopped so they say they’re on their way as a red herring? Only thing I can think of.
Sadly I do think this is a case of self harm and that’s so tragic. I do wish they’d start searching again unless it’s a situation where they’ve searched where he most likely is, as in where he went into the water, and can’t exactly search the whole lake?
I hope he comes home one way or another.
Moo

Location where Rabin went missing and where the body has been found. The Lake's currents tend to move east. Chances are good this may be him :( IMO.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-143239_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-143239_Maps.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 23
The man's white Ford Mustang was found in the Lampe parking lot.

A Ford Mustang? Is it usual that students have cars like these? It sounds very expensive.
Added to the fact he was an immigrant student too, I'm just wondering where he was getting the money from?
He's from Bhutan, and it's not super wealthy......

A Ford Mustang? Is it usual that students have cars like these? It sounds very expensive.
Added to the fact he was an immigrant student too, I'm just wondering where he was getting the money from?
He's from Bhutan, and it's not super wealthy......

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/ford/mustang/2018

The Mustang brand as a whole I don't think of as pricey or high end. The 2018 Ford Mustang is near the top of affordable convertible lists. Kelly Blue Book says the current range for a used one is $21K-$49K.

car loans are pretty standard, and financing rates have been very low. The monthly payment wouldn't be too outrageous I don't think. JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back