OH - James Hutchinson, 6, abused, thrown in river, Middletown, 28 Feb 2021 *GUILTY*

Everything this couple did: hogtieing the children, putting gags in their mouths was a conscious act to terrorize and subdue them. The most heartbreaking aspect of this is that children so mistreated still love their parents, even if they are covered with bruises and burns. That's why James ran after his mother after all that abuse.

Everything they did subsequent to James' death: using a cement block to keep his body submerged, dispose of the ropes and gags, and destroy hard drives was a conscious act to cover their tracks to avoid suspicion. Those aren't the acts of an individual who is incapable of understanding right from wrong. I'm actually glad they did all that after James died. It clarifies the absence of love and compassion and exhibits their selfish motives. They are beyond redemption.

Everything this couple did: hogtieing the children, putting gags in their mouths was a conscious act to terrorize and subdue them. The most heartbreaking aspect of this is that children so mistreated still love their parents, even if they are covered with bruises and burns. That's why James ran after his mother after all that abuse.

Everything they did subsequent to James' death: using a cement block to keep his body submerged, dispose of the ropes and gags, and destroy hard drives was a conscious act to cover their tracks to avoid suspicion. Those aren't the acts of an individual who is incapable of understanding right from wrong. I'm actually glad they did all that after James died. It clarifies the absence of love and compassion and exhibits their selfish motives. They are beyond redemption.
Yeah, no, I agree. She’s not insane. She might be intellectually underdeveloped though. She will eventually be able to understand court proceedings though, so she will absolutely get punished as she deserves.

September trial for mother charged with death of 6-year-old son

The Middletown mother charged with the death of her 6-year-old son, James Hutchinson, will go on trial Sept. 20, a judge said Monday.

Brittany Gosney, 29, recently was found competent to be tried by a jury of her peers.

Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, both briefly appeared Monday in Butler County Common Pleas Court. His trial date was set for Oct. 4.

Crews searched for his body, but it has yet to be recovered.

September trial for mother charged with death of 6-year-old son

The Middletown mother charged with the death of her 6-year-old son, James Hutchinson, will go on trial Sept. 20, a judge said Monday.

Brittany Gosney, 29, recently was found competent to be tried by a jury of her peers.

Gosney and her boyfriend, James Hamilton, both briefly appeared Monday in Butler County Common Pleas Court. His trial date was set for Oct. 4.

Crews searched for his body, but it has yet to be recovered.
Aww poor Mr. Hamilton, he is being assaulted by other inmates and had to be put in PC. I have zero compassion for his problem ...

Just saw the article below. It's the first, and probably only, smart thing this ~person~ ever did IMO. Grrrr.

May that very huggable red-haired little boy fly with the angels and be eternally at peace.
--------------------​
Ohio Mom Pleads Guilty to Murdering Son, 6, by Dragging Him from Car While Trying to Abandon Him

Authorities continue their search for James Hutchinson's remains.
By Chris Harris
August 17, 2021 11:37 AM
Brittany Gosney, the Ohio mother who killed her 6-year-old son before dumping his body in the Ohio River, pleaded guilty Monday to one count of murder and two counts of endangering children, PEOPLE confirms through online court records.
The 29-year-old mom-of-three will be sentenced next month, according to the records.
[...]
Authorities continue their search for the first grader's remains.
Gosney confessed to police that she killed the boy on Feb. 26 while trying to abandon him and her two other children, ages 7 and 9, at a desolate park in Preble County in the middle of the night.
Police alleged in an incident report that Gosney's boyfriend, James Hamilton, pressured her to get rid of her children.

-----------------------
More here:
Ohio Mom Pleads Guilty to Murdering Son, 6, by Dragging Him from Car While Trying to Abandon Him

“We’ve exhausted everything that we know of now. But that doesn’t mean we’re not going to end up back up on the river looking again. And we’ll continue to do that,” he said.

“Our goal is to bring them home. So hopefully we can fulfill that,” Simpson said.

Butler County Prosecutor Mike Gmoser was asked Monday during a news conference after Gosney’s guilty pleas and said he believes Hutchinson’s body is still in the Ohio River, hinting at details that are contained in Hamilton’s case that he was not able to comment on. Gmoser added the conditions in the river remain extreme for search crews.

“I absolutely believe (Hutchinson) is in the river, for the reasons that will become clear later,” Gmoser said.

“As you know from the atmospheric conditions over the past year, that river has been raging. The visibility, as a scuba diver myself, I can tell you, if you dive in the Ohio River when you go to the bottom you’re likely to hit a rock on your facemask. The visibility is almost nothing. When you have a current that is sweeping along as fast as it is, its very difficult to work in those conditions.”

While Gosney now awaits her sentencing in Hutchinson’s death, Hamilton is awaiting a trial that’s scheduled to start in October. Hamilton is schedule to appear in court Monday for what’s listed as a pretrial hearing, according to court records.
‘Our goal is to bring them home;’ Sheriff hopeful to find bodies of boys thrown into Ohio River

Butler County Prosecutor Michael Gmoser said the plea is justice for Hutchinson, adding that in his opinion Gosney gave up the right to be referred to “as a parent or a mother.”

Gosney pleaded guilty as charged to the principle crime of murder, which means she accepts accountability. And she gave up her right to appeal. Gmoser said the fact that Hutchison’s body has not been found created some challenges in the case.

“A guilty plea eliminates all doubts of accident or any other defense that might be available,” Gmoser said. “All doubt has been removed, all question has been removed. We do not have a body. We have a very ample confession, but there has to be more than a confession. We don’t have a body. There are questions about amount of DNA to support the crime without a body.”

Gmoser and Gosney’s defense attorney, David Washington, agree she is telling the truth about the disposal of the boy’s body.

“There’s no reason to believe she is not telling me the truth,” Washington said. “I think we are all in agreement that that is where the body is.”

Washington said Gosney has had no contact “in a very long time” with a parent and step parent who were interviewed by a local media outlet and said they doubted the body was in the river.

“For them to enrage the public in that theory, it is unfortunate and it is inappropriate,” he said. “They have no information that anything other than what she said happened. She was probably too open and honest about what went on to be honest. For people to now come up with these theories, it is baseless.”

Gmoser said, “I absolutely believe this child is in the river for the reasons that will become clear later, and I will be happy to discuss that at a later time.”
Questions remain after Middletown mother admits to killing 6-year-old James Hutchinson

Guilty plea for Gosney's boyfriend in connection to boy's death has been delayed

“Mr. Hamilton,” Powers addressed the defendant, “is that your understanding of the plea arrangement between you and the state of Ohio with respect to this matter?”

“Yes,” Hamilton answered.

But after Powers began explaining the plea agreement to Hamilton, it was determined the prosecutor's office did not include certain provisions in the plea, like the fact that Hamilton would have to register as a violent offender. So, the judge delayed the plea hearing until the prosecutor could straighten out the omissions.

Hamilton will be back in Powers’ court Tuesday at 2:30 p.m. to complete this plea process

But after Powers began explaining the plea agreement to Hamilton, it was determined the prosecutor's office did not include certain provisions in the plea, like the fact that Hamilton would have to register as a violent offender. So, the judge delayed the plea hearing until the prosecutor could straighten out the omissions.

Quote RSBM.
:eek: Please, no more mistakes with this case.
And I guess this means they will eventually walk free. :mad:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back