NC - Andrew Brown Jr., 40, fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy, Elizabeth City, 21 Apr 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful. Why was all that manpower needed to arrest one man for a victimless crime?

It was weird to see them in the bed of a pickup. However, just some thoughtd on your question.

#1 drug dealers generally have weapons
#2 they were also executing a search warrant and more than 1 officer is needed for that.
#3 I don't think drugs are victimless. (An example I can name several children sold to drug dealers so parents can get a fix. )

It was weird to see them in the bed of a pickup. However, just some thoughtd on your question.

#2 they were also executing a search warrant and more than 1 officer is needed for that.
#3 I don't think drugs are victimless. (An example I can name several children sold to drug dealers so parents can get a fix. )
Eight officers?

bbm
# 3 bolded is horrifying. :(

Last edited:
bbm

From what I've been reading, this AB Jr. had a lengthy rap sheet and LE were probably on edge.
If his hands were on the steering wheel -- does that mean he was driving away, as in getting ready to flee ?
IF this is the case, what if he'd slammed into another car and there were fatalities ?

My opinion is that : LE do not want a shootout and would prefer a compliant perp.

Also, is it possible that a bullet entered his neck or side and exited out the back of his head, thus an exit wound and not an entrance wound ?
As in, not shot in the back ?
MOO
If they are that on edge maybe they need to find another occupation.Cops aren't supposed to be executioners.

From what I've been reading, this AB Jr. had a lengthy rap sheet, and LE were probably on edge.
I'm not going to judge LE for being cautious !

If his hands were on the steering wheel -- does that mean he was about to drive away, as in getting ready to flee ?
IF this is the case, what if he'd slammed into another car and there were fatalities ?

My opinion is that : LE do not want a shootout, and would prefer a compliant perp.

Also, is it possible that a bullet entered his neck or side and exited out the back of his head, thus an exit wound and not an entrance wound ?

Moment large group of cops surround Andrew Brown's car after North Carolina police shooting | Daily Mail Online

Autopsy reveals 'fleeing' Andrew Brown was killed by bullet to the back of his neck that lodged in his brain as new footage shows moment eight cops attempted to serve search warrant on the 'drug dealer with 180-page criminal record'

Court documents released on Monday show deputies obtained the search warrant that brought them to Brown after investigators recorded him selling small amounts of cocaine and methamphetamine to an informant.

Gunfire already had started in the clip they were shown, they said, and it was unclear what had happened in the moments before the shooting.
Emphasis mine.

I do agree that "Transparency is essential", and should always be the case.

My opinion is that Mr. Crump is a glorified ambulance chaser.
Not sure if he's doing more harm than good.
Imo.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm from Elizabeth City and I wanted to chime in.

The police here always end up sending too many officers, no matter the races involved or situation at hand. They are notorious for it. That particular part of the story isn't anything out of the ordinary for this area. I've seen it first hand more times than I'd like to admit, and it's scary every single time.

I will say that I didn't really foresee this happening here, despite everything. I'm so disappointed and overwhelmed.

From what I've been reading, this AB Jr. had a lengthy rap sheet, and LE were probably on edge.
I'm not going to judge LE for being cautious !

If his hands were on the steering wheel -- does that mean he was about to drive away, as in getting ready to flee ?

My opinion is that : LE do not want a shootout, and would prefer a compliant perp.

MOO
According to the autopsy report the bullet entered the back of the neck and went upwards. He was shot in the back of the neck, at the bottom of his skull and the bullet got lodged in his brain. That is what killed him and probably why they are calling his death "an execution." It seems the first shot was meant to kill. Imo

Last edited:
Disgraceful. Why was all that manpower needed to arrest one man for a victimless crime?

bbm

DBM...I remembered her name.
Shaniya Davis also in North Carolina.

Some facts and truth can help clarify a situation.
I think it's LE who need to clarify the situation by releasing the video evidence or at least making a statement as to what charges will be made, if any. We already know the victim had a lengthy criminal record but we have not yet heard an explanation for the use of deadly force. We also haven't heard if the victim had any weapons or if LE found what they were looking for under the warrant.

I think it's LE who need to clarify the situation by releasing the video evidence or at least making a statement as to what charges will be made, if any. We already know the victim had a lengthy criminal record but we have not yet heard an explanation for the use of deadly force. We also haven't heard if the victim had any weapons or if LE found what they were looking for under the warrant.
ITA Facts and truth on both sides of a situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes