Presumed Located IL - Tara Smart, 20, Chicago, 26 May 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original
Original
Original

Missing Person / NamUs #MP53876
Tara Smart

Female, Black / African American
Height 5' 5" (65 Inches)
Weight 112 lbs

Black Hair
Brown Eyes

Piercing
Piercing below lip

Tattoo
Tattoo of a dream catcher inside upper arm

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact May 26, 2018
NamUs Case Created December 6, 2018

Last Known Location Map
Location Chicago, Illinois
Cook County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Tara left in the middle of the night on 05/26/2018 and took an Amtrak from St. Louis, MO to Chicago, IL.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Tara E. Smart – The Charley Project

Tara E. Smart

smart_tara.jpg
smart_tara2.jpg
smart_tara3.jpg
smart_tara4.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Smart left St. Louis, Missouri on May 25, 2018 and took an Amtrak train to Chicago, Illinois. She arrived there on May 26. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. St. Louis police are investigating.

Bumping up for Tara and her family.
Is it confirmed she actually went missing from Chicago? I wonder why she travelled there and what the likely scenario is.

She looks like such a fun, kind person. I hope she is somewhere safe.

Hardly any coverage out there. A college athlete missing and all we get is a vague paragraph surrounding her disappearance.

Tara E. Smart – The Charley Project

Tara E. Smart

smart_tara.jpg
smart_tara2.jpg
smart_tara3.jpg
smart_tara4.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Smart left St. Louis, Missouri on May 25, 2018 and took an Amtrak train to Chicago, Illinois. She arrived there on May 26. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case. St. Louis police are investigating.

I wonder if the E stands for Elliott, as a Elliott Smart is a alias. Also North Dakota state university is linked 2016-2020.

I wonder if the E stands for Elliott, as a Elliott Smart is a alias. Also North Dakota state university is linked 2016-2020.

Can you cite where you see 2020? The most recent thing on her is from 2017. If her school profile says 2020 it likely indicates she's not missing and they forgot to remove her off the list.

All her profiles stop at 2017:
Tara Smart - 2017 - Women's Track and Field - NDSU
TFRRS | Tara Smart - Track and Field Results & Statistics
Tara Smart - Stats

First Name
Tara
Middle Name
E
Last Name
Smart
BIRTH INFORMATION
Birth Date
Nov 21, 1997

KNOWN ALIASES
Elliott Smart

JOBS
Company (Industry)
Job Title
Dates

(Writing And Editing)

EDUCATION
FRENCH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE FROM NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY (2016-2020)

Attendance Dates

Jan 1, 2016 - Dec 31, 2020
Qualification Type

French Language and Literature
University

North Dakota State University

First Name
Tara
Middle Name
E
Last Name
Smart
BIRTH INFORMATION
Birth Date
Nov 21, 1997

KNOWN ALIASES
Elliott Smart

JOBS
Company (Industry)
Job Title
Dates

(Writing And Editing)

EDUCATION
FRENCH LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE FROM NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY (2016-2020)

Attendance Dates

Jan 1, 2016 - Dec 31, 2020
Qualification Type

French Language and Literature
University

North Dakota State University

Thank you, Can you provide a link?

I've tried searching everywhere including teammates, and it doesn't appear she has any social media accounts which sounds absurd for someone her age. Does it link you any social media profiles of hers? If it does try checking the date of her latest activity. With little to no information/updates I'm inclined to think she's been found safe and they forgot to remove her from being listed as "missing". It's happened before.

NDSU twitter and facebook has no mentions of her being reported as missing. I've came across what I believe to be relatives facebook accounts and they to have 0 mentions regarding her as a missing person. She doesn't appear as a listed person on the St. Louis missing person's list nor the Missouri MP list.

Well that is promising. But does anyone feel up to the task of contacting the investigating agency in charge of her case to find out? Since her NamUs page is still up...

Well that is promising. But does anyone feel up to the task of contacting the investigating agency in charge of her case to find out? Since her NamUs page is still up...

Something tells me that she is still missing. I knew Tara while she was growing up and last year I looked up her and her family’s social media pages out of curiosity. What I ended up finding was her missing persons report on Google. I am not friends with many of her family members on social media anymore and I can’t find any mention of her on the pages I’ve checked. She grew up in La Crosse, WI until moving to Wilmette, IL (suburb of Chicago) when she was maybe in 4-5th grade or she could’ve started middle school there - I can’t remember to be exact. She was never into social media and could be described as introverted or quiet during the time I knew her. For a brief time, when I think she was in middle school, she had a Facebook page under a pseudonym. I think that page was later deleted. She loved to write and was extremely creative as a child. She is the youngest child in her family who was adopted when she was a couple years old after being in foster care. Most of her family lives in St Louis now. Her parents are Karen and Steve Smart. Siblings are Amie, Dan and Brian. I hope some of these details can provide leads and she can find her way back home and to safety.

There is a jane doe found on September 8th 2018 in Nashville Tennessee that looks just like Tara Smart ( went missing May 26th 2018 ) just thought I should share

Attachments

• 20220512_165443.jpg
    20220512_165443.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 6
Something tells me that she is still missing. I knew Tara while she was growing up and last year I looked up her and her family’s social media pages out of curiosity. What I ended up finding was her missing persons report on Google. I am not friends with many of her family members on social media anymore and I can’t find any mention of her on the pages I’ve checked. She grew up in La Crosse, WI until moving to Wilmette, IL (suburb of Chicago) when she was maybe in 4-5th grade or she could’ve started middle school there - I can’t remember to be exact. She was never into social media and could be described as introverted or quiet during the time I knew her. For a brief time, when I think she was in middle school, she had a Facebook page under a pseudonym. I think that page was later deleted. She loved to write and was extremely creative as a child. She is the youngest child in her family who was adopted when she was a couple years old after being in foster care. Most of her family lives in St Louis now. Her parents are Karen and Steve Smart. Siblings are Amie, Dan and Brian. I hope some of these details can provide leads and she can find her way back home and to safety.
Look at what I posted under your post about Jane doe that looks like Tara Smart..what are your thoughts? I posted details on thread

Attachments

• 20220512_165443.jpg
    20220512_165443.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 0
Her NamUs and Charley Project paged have been removed. She is still listed on Cook County Sheriff's Office page: Tara Smart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back