NC - Andrew Brown Jr., 40, fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy, Elizabeth City, 21 Apr 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us remember, that is what his family's attorney said.
I do not give any credence to attorneys. Especially those sniffing around for a multi million dollar payoff.

Shot in the back of the head?Something isn't right here.You don't shoot someone in the back of the head if you think they have a weapon and have fear for your life.

Andrew Brown Jr. search warrant: Drug deals captured on camera weeks before fatal police shooting

Andrew Brown Jr. – a Black man fatally shot as sheriff's deputies executed a warrant in Elizabeth City, N.C., on April 21 – was described as a drug dealer in the Pasquotank County area and had a criminal rap sheet over 180 pages long and dating back to May 1988, according to a copy of the search warrant and other records obtained by Fox News.

So???

He is the victim in this case. How is his past relevant? He should have been arrested, not executed. That’s why we have a justice system.

Hi, I'm from Elizabeth City and I wanted to chime in.

The police here always end up sending too many officers, no matter the races involved or situation at hand. They are notorious for it. That particular part of the story isn't anything out of the ordinary for this area. I've seen it first hand more times than I'd like to admit, and it's scary every single time.

I will say that I didn't really foresee this happening here, despite everything. I'm so disappointed and overwhelmed.
Welcome to WS. We’re so glad you shared your vantage point. Locals are so important here. You’re able to provide insight we need to help us assess this hyper sensitive subject and event. I’m sorry this sad situation brought you here. Thank you.

I do not give any credence to attorneys. Especially those sniffing around for a multi million dollar payoff.
I'd like to think that the Atty. (?) Crump and the rev. Al Sharpton are there solely to help the families with no thoughts for themselves ... but sometimes I wonder.
Imo.

Hey everyone,

Websleuths is a true crime discussion forum. It was never intended to solve All The Problems of The World.

Please stick to discussing the actual facts of a case instead of introducing all the peripheral stuff surrounding it (i.e. protests, racial, LE bashing, civil rights, politics, activism, etc). This has become especially important since, unfortunately, these types of cases have increased lately and the same social justice issues are being introduced over and over again into Every Single Thread of this nature.

Websleuths volunteer staff is very limited compared to the number of members and number of active cases and Alerts that we have to deal with every day.

If these threads continue to be a problem for Mods and Admins to manage, they will become Media Only *NO DISCUSSION* threads.

Bringing this forward.
I’ll try to remember to do my part in remembering this post so this thread can be left open for discussion.

Last edited:
Welcome to WS. We’re so glad you shared your vantage point. Locals are so important here. You’re able to provide insight we need to help us assess this hyper sensitive subject and event. I’m sorry this sad situation brought you here. Thank you.

Thank you. I actually joined last year for Gannon, although I didn't post until now.

In response to the Brown family releasing the independent autopsy report, Pasquotank County Sheriff Tommy Wooten said that although the report is important, it is “just one piece of the puzzle.”

“The independent investigation of the puzzle being performed by the SBI is crucial and the interviews, forensics, and other evidence they gather will help ensure that justice is accomplished, ” said Wooten.
Andrew Brown Jr. funeral set for Monday with Sharpton eulogy | CBS 17

Serving Arrest Warrants?
If they are that on edge maybe they need to find another occupation. ....
@tara83 sbm bbm
If LEOs are not on edge and become relaxed while serving arrest warrants, seems likely imo -
- many more LEOs would be killed in line of duty while serving warrants and/or
- many warrants would go unserved.

One further thought - maybe drug dealers should find another occupation, a lawful occupation.
^Just possibilities^. my2ct.

Serving Arrest Warrants?
@tara83 sbm bbm
If LEOs are not on edge and become relaxed while serving arrest warrants, seems likely imo -
- many more LEOs would be killed in line of duty while serving warrants and/or
- many warrants would go unserved.

One further thought - maybe drug dealers should find another occupation, a lawful occupation.
^Just possibilities^. my2ct.
So no trial or anything?If you are accused of a crime you deserve whatever happens?Scary.

It had to be in the back of the head since he had backed up and turned around after being shot the first few times. Either way, I'm not sure it would make a difference if he was shot in the face, on the side or the front of his neck. The police officers involved need to explain the reason for using deadly force just seconds after they arrived. That he had a long criminal record is not an excuse. Seven officers should be able to arrest one suspect without killing him.

Last edited:
Bringing this forward.
I’ll try to remember to do my part in remembering this post so this thread can be left open.
Thank you @MimosaMornings . I believe we all need reminders at times like this when emotions and passions are ignited. I know I do. Posting is a privilege, not a right. Cooler heads prevail. This thread will stay open if we behave ourselves. We can disagree and still remember the manners our mamas taught us.

I wish we could get some facts on the officers involved.I would be very interested to learn if they had other incidents involving aggresion while arresting someone.
I'd like to know if they'd done any business with him or had other interactions. Bunch of guys roll up in the bed of a truck, start raining bullets. One in the back of the head. Some resign. Defensiveness after the fact and lack of transparency. None of it sounds above board.

So???

He is the victim in this case. How is his past relevant? He should have been arrested, not executed. That’s why we have a justice system.

Bingo. If your job is to bring a drug dealer to justice, then you bring him in alive to face justice. If seven of you can't make that happen, and you ride around in the bed of a truck, and you kill the guy in his car in a hail of bullets - when maybe he could have flipped on bigger dealers - then this department might need to reconsider its funding. How are they training their "SWAT"? What sort of vehicles and equipment do they have for SWAT operations? How is money being allocated?

"It came through that hole right there," described Gordon. "My grandbabies, when they come to visit Papa, they sit right there."

Gordon said he was at work at the time of the shooting.

"It came through my front room, hit my clock, went through my sidewall in my front room and through my kitchen and then struck my point," he said.
Neighbor: Bullet from Andrew Brown Jr. shooting went through my home :: WRAL.com

"It came through that hole right there," described Gordon. "My grandbabies, when they come to visit Papa, they sit right there."

Gordon said he was at work at the time of the shooting.

"It came through my front room, hit my clock, went through my sidewall in my front room and through my kitchen and then struck my point," he said.
Neighbor: Bullet from Andrew Brown Jr. shooting went through my home :: WRAL.com
Yes, how dangerous and completely unprofessional IMO.
What if he had fled and caused an accident has been asked. What if some of those many, many bullets fired struck a child in his own home?

Andrew Brown Jr. search warrant: Drug deals captured on camera weeks before fatal police shooting

Andrew Brown Jr. – a Black man fatally shot as sheriff's deputies executed a warrant in Elizabeth City, N.C., on April 21 – was described as a drug dealer in the Pasquotank County area and had a criminal rap sheet over 180 pages long and dating back to May 1988, according to a copy of the search warrant and other records obtained by Fox News.

"The document, which indicated the search wasn't completed, didn't list anything found."

From the article. This news outlet chose to put this at the very bottom, interestingly, while being sure to follow that up by repeating the same info from the first paragraph about his lengthy arrest record.

Published a day ago, and today is the 27th. He was shot on the 21st. I wonder when they'll finish the search of what doesn't look like a huge house, and if they'll let us know if anything turned up. Based on that rap sheet, I'm sure he was a drug dealer. So where are his drugs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member