US Virgin Is - Sarm Joan Lillian Heslop, 41, British, aboard vessel Siren Song, St. John, 7 Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself wondering more about that 2:30am phone call and why didn't LE call the Coast Guard themselves? That's bothersome and seems like it should have been their duty to do so. What is up with that?

I presume Sarm is lost to the vast ocean and I fear any evidence of a crime is long gone. I hope I am wrong.

So many different versions in the first few weeks Sarm went missing.
Remember in the first few days RB father was mention has being on the Cat.
Also that LE had stated that they had dinner on St Thomas and the last place Sarm had been spotted. Again that was changed to the 420 but there is no real evidence, no definite proof. Then the police searching remote areas. Where tourists etc just went there for snorkelling.
When LE stated they believed that Sarm never returned to the Cat that night and maybe still onshore, I did wonder if RB and Sarm had been in a disagreement. That she could have walked off and he headed back to the Cat on his own. Or he became angry and took her over to Stevens Cay approx a mile out from St Cruz or following the coast line up to Salomon Beach. All speculation on my part.
What did the LE think to be searching those particular areas. There were so many other areas so why particularly there?
Now seven weeks and not looking at all hopeful.
MOO

I find myself wondering more about that 2:30am phone call and why didn't LE call the Coast Guard themselves? That's bothersome and seems like it should have been their duty to do so. What is up with that?

I presume Sarm is lost to the vast ocean and I fear any evidence of a crime is long gone. I hope I am wrong.

I'm with you on that. They should have called it in and not rely on someone connected to the case to do that. What if he didn't at all, how long would LE wait for him to call Coast guard? JMO

Also that LE had stated that they had dinner on St Thomas and the last place Sarm had been spotted. Again that was changed to the 420 but there is no real evidence, no definite proof. Then the police searching remote areas. Where tourists etc just went there for snorkelling.
When LE stated they believed that Sarm never returned to the Cat that night and maybe still onshore, I did wonder if RB and Sarm had been in a disagreement. That she could have walked off and he headed back to the Cat on his own. Or he became angry and took her over to Stevens Cay approx a mile out from St Cruz or following the coast line up to Salomon Beach. All speculation on my part.
What did the LE think to be searching those particular areas. There were so many other areas so why particularly there?
MOO
It was dark when they left as well.

Whatever he did, if he did something en-route back to the Cat, he had to be able to navigate it in a dinghy in the dark.

He didn't go 10 miles out to sea in those conditions, he stayed within sight of the lights and landmarks on shore.

These are just a few thoughts that keep bothering me..

Usually the logical thing is if a person dear to you should appear to have gone missing, surely you would be frantic and not want to stray to far from that area. Would you leave that area to go and meet up with the Police within the first half hour taking along the missing persons passport phone etc. I should think it would be more likely to wait for the police to come to you. Bringing the police to you and then they can search from that area outwards
By taking Sarms credentials to the police within half an hour seems a weird thing to do in my opinion, especially then hiring a lawyer so quickly too. It is almost like washing your hands of the whole situation.

Also this is taking the suspicion from where Sarm went missing in most people’s eyes to the Catamaran. Especially by stating that the Coast Guards can’t search areas of the Cat makes people think something must have happened there.
What a good way to divert attention from the actual area the person went missing.

This is all my opinion and I could be completely wrong.

MOO
Someone heard a scream so if she had not gone back to the boat that night, they would not have head this.

Someone heard a scream so if she had not gone back to the boat that night, they would not have head this.

Dog walker heard 'scream' night Sarm Heslop vanished from boat in US Virgin Islands

A spokesperson for the Virgin Islands Police Commissioner, said: “There may have been a noise before Sarm Heslop disappeared but we will not confirm nor deny this.

“There are always noises in this place and it could be from any one of the vessels nearby in the harbour.

“The noise was not reported at the time that it was allegedly heard by the passerby.

Dog walker heard 'scream' night Sarm Heslop vanished from boat in US Virgin Islands

A spokesperson for the Virgin Islands Police Commissioner, said: “There may have been a noise before Sarm Heslop disappeared but we will not confirm nor deny this.

“There are always noises in this place and it could be from any one of the vessels nearby in the harbour.

“The noise was not reported at the time that it was allegedly heard by the passerby.

I also wonder if the scream was definitively human. If no speech pattern was discerned, the sound could have emanated from seabirds, or other wildlife.

First post for me as I just watched BBC news and learned of this intriguing case for the first time.

As ever, this site tells me many more facts that weren't mentioned by BBC:
- charter yacht = money problems
- visiting the 420 restaurant
- dodgy area
- FBI 'monitoring' the case
- seeming non-investigation by police

My first thought is why are the FBI involved? My second thought is drugs.

- Drugs = money
- 420 is an odd name for a restaurant unless drugs are on the menu
- Drug dealing makes an area dodgy
- Large scale drug ring = FBI
- FBI = local police standing off to prevent them undermining a much bigger bust.

I'm just trying to make sense of the facts and this is the only way I can make them fit. Does that make sense to anyone else?

MOO!

Thank you for the likes. I think this is allowed. It's a Daily Mail (UK MSM) article stating that RB served jail time for domestic violence and quotes his ex wife saying 'he would lie about everything'.

Ex-wife of missing Sarm Heslop's boyfriend says she still lives in fear of him | Daily Mail Online

Welcome, @Pitkin ! The Daily Mail has been considered a MSM source here, along with the Mirror, so your link should be fine.

Regarding your previous post with the points that stood out to you: the 420 to Center restaurant, where Sarm was last seen by someone other than RB, has been the subject of some discussion on account of its name. The only information I've found on the phrase "420 to Center" is a TripAdvisor review of the restaurant from 2019, in which the reviewer explains that "420 to Center pays homage to the distance from home plate to dead center field at Fenway Park" (a Major League Baseball stadium in Boston). link: THE DUGOUT AT 420 TO CENTER, St. John - Restaurant Reviews, Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor So the quirky phrase is, on the surface, an innocent name for a sports bar – but of course it could also give a wink and nudge in the direction of illicit activity. We'd probably need a local verified insider to get a greater handle on the culture of this particular bar – it's not something tourists writing reviews would likely have any insight about.

First post for me as I just watched BBC news and learned of this intriguing case for the first time.

As ever, this site tells me many more facts that weren't mentioned by BBC:
- charter yacht = money problems
- visiting the 420 restaurant
- dodgy area
- FBI 'monitoring' the case
- seeming non-investigation by police

My first thought is why are the FBI involved? My second thought is drugs.

- Drugs = money
- 420 is an odd name for a restaurant unless drugs are on the menu
- Drug dealing makes an area dodgy
- Large scale drug ring = FBI
- FBI = local police standing off to prevent them undermining a much bigger bust.

I'm just trying to make sense of the facts and this is the only way I can make them fit. Does that make sense to anyone else?

MOO!

Money problems discussed here are pure speculation. I personally think it had ZERO to do with money

I don't think 420 to Center is an odd name at all. I see it as a play on words for a laid back island sports dive bar. I don't find it suspicious and my mind certainly doesn't go to "drugs on the menu". Looks like a locals dive bar with clientele that probably likes to smoke weed, drink, listen to music, watch sports and have a good time. It used to be called The Dugout at 420 and dugout could be a sports or drug reference. Could it be a bar/restaurant that has workers that sell drugs also? Sure, sounds like pretty much every dive bar/restaurant I've ever known.

I do find the FBI getting involved somewhat strange and unsure as to what prompted it. It's been awfully silent but the FBI knows what they're doing. Hopefully, her family and friends eventually get some answers.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback; much appreciated.

I just can't get my head around how naive you'd have to be to innocently use 420 in the name of your bar/restaurant. In any event it's not important; it merely made me think 'drugs'.

They're not naive. It's intentional in my opinion and simply a play on words for weed and sports. Basically labeling it as a laid back island sports bar

Per the official facebook page yesterday (5-10) and the official www.findsarm.com page

**UPDATE**

It's been 9 weeks since Sarm Heslop went missing in the US Virgin Islands. We thank BBC Breakfast for their continued coverage of Sarm's story.

We are deeply saddened and shocked to learn of the latest coastguard reports. We would hope that everyone and anyone who knows Sarm would do everything in their power to cooperate with the investigation into her disappearance. To hear allegations of someone hindering the police efforts is shocking and beyond comprehension.

9 weeks after her disappearance we feel we are no further forward with understanding or knowing what has happened to her. Sarm cannot have just vanished. Someone, somewhere knows what happened that night. Anyone who knows anything owes it to Sarm to come forward.

We cannot thank you enough for your generous donations to the page. If you'd like to donate, you can do so here: https://gofund.me/f25712dd

#FindSarm
www.findsarm.com

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Sarm is urged to call:
- the Criminal Investigation Bureau at (340) 774-2211
- Crime Stoppers USVI at (800) 222-TIPS

VANISHED INTO THIN AIR! List Of Missing Persons Keeps Growing In The USVI

People on social media in St. John have begun sticking their heads in the sand when it comes to the disappearances of Heslop and Schuhmann. One Facebook group that is most popular in Cruz Bay, “What’s Happening St. John.” is now immediately deleting posts about the British woman’s disappearance with no explanation as to why.

St. John is widely known as the most sleepy and crime-free of all the U.S. Virgin Islands, so administrators who created that social media page in particular and others are apparently “sick to the gills” when it comes to new updates about the British woman’s mysterious disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member