NC - Andrew Brown Jr., 40, fatally shot by sheriff’s deputy, Elizabeth City, 21 Apr 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a breaking news update.
Andrew Brown Jr.'s car hit deputies before they fired shots, killing him, a North Carolina prosecutor said Wednesday.
Prosecutor: Andrew Brown Jr.'s car struck deputies before fatal shooting

"At this sheriff's office we have a high standard, a high standard of accountability," Wooten said. "And they know that. And they know what ever situation arises and how they take action in the moment, that they will be held accountable."

Wooten said characterizing Brown's death as "an execution" was "inflammatory to the community."
New video shows 4 seconds between police arrival and the fatal shooting of Andrew Brown Jr., attorney says

Ummm. Weren't several shots fired while he was sitting in his car in the driveway? jmo

ELIZABETH CITY, N.C. -- Andrew Brown Jr.'s car hit deputies before they fired shots, killing him, a North Carolina prosecutor said Wednesday.

District Attorney Andrew Womble told a judge at a hearing Wednesday that he viewed body camera video and disagreed with a characterization by attorneys for the family of Andrew Brown Jr. that his car was stationary when the shooting started.

Womble said the video shows that Brown's car made contact with law enforcement twice before shots could be heard on the video.

"As it backs up, it does make contact with law enforcement officers," he said, adding that the car stops again. "The next movement of the car is forward. It is in the direction of law enforcement and makes contact with law enforcement. It is then and only then that you hear shots."

Weird. Why didn’t the sheriffs office just tell us this in the first place? Why is this just coming out now? If this is true, why are they fighting to not release the tape? Why not just show the tape that would exonerate them?

"As it backs up, it does make contact with law enforcement officers," he said, adding that the car stops again. "The next movement of the car is forward. It is in the direction of law enforcement and makes contact with law enforcement. It is then and only then that you hear shots."
Prosecutor says body cam footage shows Andrew Brown Jr. hit deputies with car before they opened fire

It was the first time any official in the case indicated Brown did anything to threaten law enforcement officers. Womble said the video shows that Brown’s car made contact with the Pasquotank County deputies twice before shots could be heard on the video.

Womble argued that body camera video from the shooting, a portion of which was shown to the family on Monday, should be kept from the public for another month so that state investigators can make progress on their probe of the shooting.
UPDATE: Prosecutor says Andrew Brown hit deputies with car before shooting

It's not clear how soon a judge could rule or how quickly the video would be released if the release is approved. In similar cases, it has sometimes taken weeks for the full legal process to play out.
Prosecutor Says Andrew Brown Jr. Hit NC Deputies With Car

Last edited:
Prosecutor says body cam footage shows Andrew Brown Jr. hit deputies with car before they opened fire

Considering this statement defies all known evidence so far, I think we’re all going to have to wait for the tape.

We know that the bullets were fired from the back of his car, not the front. The bullets entered the back of his head and body, not the front. And on the 20 seconds of tape we have seen, we see cops only positioned behind him, none in front of him.

If this is account true, then the prosecutor should be arguing for the release of the tape, not against it.

That would explain why his hands were on the steering wheel when he was shot. He was driving it.

What about those who sell to adult dealer that sells to minor that sells to another minor who overdoses and is now buried six feet under like my little cousin. RIP Ginny...

*six degrees of separation is real...
I'm sorry for your loss. My son died of a heroin overdose simply because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A drug dealer held him down while another drug dealer injected a fatal overdose of heroin into his arm. I miss you, Chris.

This is a breaking news update.
Andrew Brown Jr.'s car hit deputies before they fired shots, killing him, a North Carolina prosecutor said Wednesday.

"At this sheriff's office we have a high standard, a high standard of accountability," Wooten said. "And they know that. And they know what ever situation arises and how they take action in the moment, that they will be held accountable."

Wooten said characterizing Brown's death as "an execution" was "inflammatory to the community."
New video shows 4 seconds between police arrival and the fatal shooting of Andrew Brown Jr., attorney says

Ummm. Weren't several shots fired while he was sitting in his car in the driveway? jmo

sorry double post I couldn't figure out how to delete and start over. Luddite here

I'm sorry for your loss. My son died of a heroin overdose simply because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. A drug dealer held him down while another drug dealer injected a fatal overdose of heroin into his arm. I miss you, Chris.
I’m so sorry. How terrible. The loss of a child. I’ve seen my parents screaming in agony on the floor over my two little brothers’ loss of lives via addiction. A family altered forevermore. One brother grabbed the rig out of his girlfriend’s hands to keep her from shooting up again. He tried and tried to keep her habit in control. He couldn’t. So in desperation, he grabbed the rig, the uncut cocaine stash and shot the whole bag into his arm. An instant death of the brain the coroner said. She put him in a child’s wading pool and filled it full of water thinking it would bring him back to life, called 911, pulled the phone cords out of the wall and ran. Omg, I hate drugs!

Drug dealers may have guns in a state where everyone have guns? Why are guns allowed if you are not 'apt' to use them? I think that only one section of the community are allowed to use them.

Any ex felon or anyone who has a conviction of an assault or a domestic violence conviction isn't allowed by law to even be around firearms...much less own them.

That is why people such as drug dealers, even murders or rapist or gang members etc. always obtain their firearms illegally. That is why there is often an enhancement charge added when any felon was in the possession of an illegal firearm at the time of the offense they were arrested for initially.

Those who are allowed to have legal firearms are really law abiding citizens. There is more than 150M legal gunowners, and sales are soaring each month to new records of purchases. I feel it may be due to thousands of officer leaving the force everywhere so they may think police can't protect their families should the need arise, imo.

Sadly, many of our cities are saturated with illegally own firearms.

Jmho

Ok, based on the breaking news AB’s car was pulled into the driveway. Nose facing house. He has his hands on the steering wheel ( obviously) while he tries to back up, hits officers with car. Now he drives forward in the direction of officers, hits officers. NOW the shots from both the front and rear of the car make sense.
I believe the shots to his arm were from the front(?) of the vehicle, with the shot to the head being from the rear.
Obviously he was trying to flea. If he hit officers with his vehicle while doing so that changes everything.

Yes he was a victim.The man was shot in the back of the head.If he was a drug dealer he should have had a trial and gone to prison for his crimes if convicted.I don't want to get to a point when we feel some victims deserve sorrow because they were great and others who have a rocky path deserve less.Everyone has people who love them and miss them.

You don't have to be armed with a gun or knife to be a threat. Imo, a vehicle is an extremely dangerous weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77