Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh duh

his old FB... Brian Chadwell
Thank you. :)

Noting from the above link ftr:

Brian Chadwell

Education
*College is listed as Lincoln Memorial University
*High School is listed as Campbell County Comprehensive High School

Places Lived:
*Current city is listed as Jacksboro, TN
*Hometown is listed as La Follette, TN

LE has been cagey around whether they have BG's DNA, but it seems like they do, IMO. For example, in this article from 2019, it says that LE requested DNA from a dead suspect to rule him out, which implies they have DNA on file for the Delphi suspect to compare against: Delphi murder investigators request dead rape suspect's DNA

"According to the Lafayette Journal and Courier, police have requested DNA and autopsy results from 55-year-old Paul Etter"
[...]
"Investigators say the DNA test will rule him out or make him a suspect."
I Would think if he was BG LE would have announced it and yet they haven't confirmed or denied, to my knowledge.
I may have missed it, but Ive never seen a follow up on that.

I agree he is BG and then some. mOO

He looks way too young when compared to the video of the man walking on the bridge, but we all look at the video differently.

In Abby and Libby's case the killer seemed to be very concerned about privacy and not being seen. He had Abby and Libby cross a creek with cold water in it. The killer in Abby and Libby's case seems to be much more determined.

Someone pointed out earlier that it’s possible his DNA didn’t make it into the database so I am considering that as a viable option. However, if I’m Indiana state police and my case is going cold, wouldn’t I spend the time between 2017 and 2021 pulling DNA from every guy who may fit my profile where I am legally allowed to take their DNA? It seems hard to believe that LE wouldn’t make sure they had samples from everyone legally required to give a sample. So I think the odds are his DNA has been in the database and either he’s not it or there’s no DNA.
Or they did not have it tested. How many rape kits have gone untested?

JCs TikTok account is gone. Wonder who did that? Did TikTok remove it?
I’m sure TikTok would remove, or has some policy, that any videos posted by someone who has been charged with child sexual offenses, violence, murder (“attempted” in JC’s case), etc., will be removed.

Additionally, LE, Attorneys, etc. may also request this.

Eta / Here we go:
https://www.tiktok.com/community-guidelines?lang=en

*note it says “convicted”, but still...jmo

“Crimes against children
We do not allow users who have been convicted of crimes against children to have an account on our platform. These crimes include: sexual assault, molestation, murder, physical abuse or neglect, abduction, international parental kidnapping, trafficking, exploitation of minors for prostitution, live online sexual abuse of a minor, sexual exploitation of minors in the context of travel and tourism, attempts to obtain or distribute child sexual abuse material (CSAM), and the production, possession, or distribution of child sexual abuse material (CSAM). If we discover any such users, we ban the account. Any self-disclosed user information that states the account holder is a pedophile or minor sex offender will be taken at face value and the account may be deleted.”

Last edited:
posted this first in Chadwell thread
As far as this guy matching either of the sketches...we have insisted that quite a few others were a match also.
IMO, there was no one more compelling than DN. He had so many different looks. A very strong case was made for him being BG. His criminal history, where he was when, remember the whole "was he with his wife at her ultrasound or not?" And as we know, he wasn't the guy. So just saying...
And I so hope I'm wrong, if he really IS the guy.

I hear this, but I look at it a little different way.

At least to me, the main draw of DN as a suspect way back when was that the crime felt, and still feels, like it was committed by someone who, at least on the surface, was LIKE DN. (I say "on the surface" due to the obvious massive difference where the perp killed two kids, whereas DN did not).

None of the other POIs up to this point have struck me as being even sort of "like" DN. But BC seems to me very similar.

Aside from that, BC also checks pretty much every box that I'd thought the perp would--I fully understand that this is an extreme danger zone for confirmation bias, but still--plus is the first person I've ever seen that somehow matches both sketches. It's pretty astounding.

But that's balanced out by the DNA thing. I'm not sure how big a problem that actually is, but I feel like it's at least a medium-sized problem. And the second DNA problem I have is that, if they don't actually have good DNA from the crime scene, BC just seems like too messy a person to commit this murder without leaving any.

I think BC is without question the highest-percentage POI yet in this case, and without the DNA issue I'd probably think there was like an 80% chance that he did it, but the DNA does give me pause for sure. So I guess I dunno what I think at this point.

Here’s the issue I posted earlier before discussion was opened up to JBC.

According to the probable cause affidavit, JBC was convicted of a felony in IN in 2016. Indiana law states that anyone convicted of a felony after 2005 must submit DNA to Indiana’s DNA database. This is usually done with a mouth swab or blood sample when someone is being held in prison or during a probation check-in. Section 10(a)(3) 2006 Indiana Code - CHAPTER 6. INDIANA DNA DATA BASE

JBC’s DNA should have been in the Indiana DNA database by 2017.

If they had DNA at Delphi and JBC’s DNA made it into the database as required by law, LE should have already ruled him in or out. I am surprised that LE is making cautious statements. Maybe Kelsie knows this and is why she is asking for calm.

Possibilities:

1. DNA from Delphi and JBC ruled out in 2017
2. DNA from Delphi but JBC DNA not in database due to error
3. No good DNA from Delphi so no answer

If there’s no DNA from Delphi I would be skeptical that JBC is the offender as he seems so messy and disorganized based on his public profiles and attack last week - could he really murder two little girls without leaving even a trace of his DNA? This guy can’t go to the grocery store without having a breakdown on Facebook.

I will be happy but surprised if this is the guy.
You have just stated my exact thoughts on this guy but much more eloquently than I could have. As much as I would love for this to be THE guy (and I wish for the closure of this case more than I wish for almost anything), I am nowhere near convinced.

Factors in my “For Chadwell” column —
1. the trestle bridge photo on his FB page
2. his rap sheet and propensity for violence
3. his history of homelessness
4. his close proximity to Delphi

Factors in my “Against Chadwell” column —
1. his DNA should have already been in the national database prior to 2017 (South Dakota has been collecting the DNA of all felony inmates since 2003 — including inmates that were already in jail or on parole or probation)
2. his criminal history seems to consist of impulsive crimes that were committed without much (if any) aforethought and a clear failure to conceal them

The factors in the later column hold a lot more weight than those in the former. I think it’s way too easy to see and hear what I want to see and hear, so I’m working double time to stay objective. There have been several dead ends that once appeared to tick off all the boxes, but they never amounted to anything — and I would’ve bet my left kidney that DN was BG once upon a time.

Personally —
I don’t see a strong resemblance between JBC and either sketch. (Although, I know I’m in the minority here.) I don’t think his voice sounds like the voice in the ISP audio clip either. I think he’s way too criminally messy to have evaded LE for four years, and I think the girl tattooed on his arm looks like every other Harley Quinn styled tattoo out there.

With all that said — this is one of the few times I hope that I’m wrong. We need to get BG off the streets, and justice is long overdue for Libby and Abby!

And his extra clothing all of his tattoos...
After having the misfortune of viewing JC’s shirtless pics on FB for the past week (pass brain bleach and other WS merch), the video of BG upon a quick glance stood out to me in contrast as him being potentially extra bulky - we’ve discussed everything “bulk” and layering before, etc., but wanted to that stuck me when I glanced at it (I’ll be looking at that again, of course, as I am currently crosseyed).

(link to video files for reference:
IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION)

Last edited:
er
Thank you!
I was originally thinking “clean shaved” and now I see where I got mixed up. For reference a clean shaved photo can be seen in the tent picture (wearing the construction beanie) in the article below or on his FB.
James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
One thing I noticed in the Heavy.com article is that in Item #3, in the photo with the orange shirt, his hands are positioned rather awkwardly in his jeans pockets.

I just wanted to comment on his dna was supposed to be in the system. I worked in the DOC for a while and it’s super easy to miss the dna collection. So I’m not writing JBC off as a suspect yet. It’s hard to imagine he just woke up at 42 and found his first victim.

It seems like either they have DNA from the crime scene or Chadwell is BG, but both can't be true. Right?

I don’t think that is necessarily true. The way LE has talked about DNA, it appears to be only touch DNA and some of it has not been identified. But it could just as easily been from somebody in the grocery store reaching past them for a can of soup as have been from Chadwell. With touch DNA I’d think if it is Chadwell’s, there’s a wild celebration! If it’s not Chadwell’s, it doesn’t really matter at all. I never thought DNA would the way the killer is caught and identified.

He was sleeping outdoors in a tent for 10 days until his job started, 6 miles away. A few of his pictures on his fb seem to be unidentified location wise. I know out in nature many places look the same and beautiful. Some of his pictures seemed to me to be taunting his location? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288