Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
His identity (or appearance) actually didn’t have an affect on me. When I first read about their “interest” in him, I immediately thought of his MO. Beating, sexual assault. I figured that was why he might have garnered their attention.

His identity (or appearance) actually didn’t have an affect on me. When I first read about their “interest” in him, I immediately thought of his MO. Beating, sexual assault. I figured that was why he might have garnered their attention.
But do we actually know, for a fact, that Abby & Libby we’re sexually assaulted and beaten?

My apologies, I accidentally posted this in the JC thread, but I meant to post it in here. Sorry, totally crosseyed.

For you all’s convenience, here is the media thread link for JBC in case you need a quick catch-up and/or source links, references, etc. - It includes his SM profiles, msm, court records/arrests, inmate information & dates, maps, etc. (It is still a work in progress, haven’t finished bringing everyone’s over yet -thanks again to all, collaborative effort and teamwork.)

IN - James Chadwell II, 42, missing girl, 9, found in his home, 19 April 2021, MEDIA *NO DISCUSSION*

Last edited:
But do we actually know, for a fact, that Abby & Libby we’re sexually assaulted and beaten?
NO! I don’t think any of us know for certain. I just assumed (I know) that something caught their eye. And for me, it wasn’t the resemblance to the sketch. Either sketch really.

FBI poster description of BG:

"The person depicted in the composite sketch is described as a White male between 5'6" and 5'10", weighing 180 to 220 pounds, with reddish brown hair. His eye color is unknown. The suspect is believed to be between 18 and 40 years old but may appear younger."

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/liberty-german/@@download.pdf

Someone pointed out earlier that it’s possible his DNA didn’t make it into the database so I am considering that as a viable option. However, if I’m Indiana state police and my case is going cold, wouldn’t I spend the time between 2017 and 2021 pulling DNA from every guy who may fit my profile where I am legally allowed to take their DNA? It seems hard to believe that LE wouldn’t make sure they had samples from everyone legally required to give a sample. So I think the odds are his DNA has been in the database and either he’s not it or there’s no DNA.

You would think so, but I've heard so many horror stories about lost evidence, problems with chain of custody, unauthorized people in evidence rooms, rape kits in employee fridges, etc etc, that nothing surprises me anymore. All MOO etc.

I just wanted to comment on his dna was supposed to be in the system. I worked in the DOC for a while and it’s super easy to miss the dna collection. So I’m not writing JBC off as a suspect yet. It’s hard to imagine he just woke up at 42 and found his first victim.
Exactly.

We've often speculated over the years BG would be caught when he committed another crime. That just happened, imo.

We also speculated that for some reason BG's DNA was not in the database. Perhaps because BG's felonies were not sex crimes, his DNA was (mistakenly?) not included in LE's search for a match.

And, if LE were looking for people convicted of previous sex crimes, they wouldn't find JBC. I don't think this means he didn't commit sex crimes, but wasn't caught. He might have repeated an m.o. that worked until it didn't.

I'm braced for bad news, but I am also hopeful this is BG.

jmo

Or they did not have it tested. How many rape kits have gone untested?

I wish that I didn't want to like this post a thousand times.

We HAVE to demand better of our legal system from evidence collection on the scene, all the way through local LEA, transport to labs, evaluation, and possible prosecution, IMO.

EVERYONE, including first line officers, detectives, FIRE-FIGHTERS, EMS, and ER staff need to be trained on the importance of scene and evidence preservation, chain of custody etc. (IMO)
Obviously, human survival takes precedence, but as soon as it is established that the victim of a crime is deceased, securing the scene and evidence should be of paramount importance, IMO.

I think that funding forensic science, both from an evidentiary, and psychological perspective should be a priority for local, state and national governments, but that's just my opinion.

Exactly.

We've often speculated over the years BG would be caught when he committed another crime. That just happened, imo.

We also speculated that for some reason BG's DNA was not in the database. Perhaps because BG's felonies were not sex crimes, his DNA was (mistakenly?) not included in LE's search for a match.

And, if LE were looking for people convicted of previous sex crimes, they wouldn't find JBC. I don't think this means he didn't commit sex crimes, but wasn't caught. He might have repeated an m.o. that worked until it didn't.

I'm braced for bad news, but I am also hopeful this is BG.

jmo
I think everyone arrested for any felony in Indiana has a DNA sample collected as soon as they are booked. So if there was a match, LE would have found it a couple of years ago. Imo

I'm not sure we know what kind of DNA was collected from the crime scene, but at one point I remember Leazenby saying they were considering familiar DNA testing, so it must be a good enough sample to find a match in their database.

He was sleeping outdoors in a tent for 10 days until his job started, 6 miles away. A few of his pictures on his fb seem to be unidentified location wise. I know out in nature many places look the same and beautiful. Some of his pictures seemed to me to be taunting his location? jmo

Taunting. Thats the exact word that I keep saying about him. From the knife on the artwork. To the weird posts RIGHT before he lured and attempts to murder a child. Stealing from a liquor store and then saying he did it bc he knew they wouldn't prosecute. That's just the tip of the iceberg of things we KNOW. So consider that same line of thinking and look at other things..... it just feels like he blatantly taunts. To see if anyone will catch on. It's part of the thrill, for him, I think.

I wish that I didn't want to like this post a thousand times.

We HAVE to demand better of our legal system from evidence collection on the scene, all the way through local LEA, transport to labs, evaluation, and possible prosecution, IMO.

EVERYONE, including first line officers, detectives, FIRE-FIGHTERS, EMS, and ER staff need to be trained on the importance of scene and evidence preservation, chain of custody etc. (IMO)
Obviously, human survival takes precedence, but as soon as it is established that the victim of a crime is deceased, securing the scene and evidence should be of paramount importance, IMO.

I think that funding forensic science, both from an evidentiary, and psychological perspective should be a priority for local, state and national governments, but that's just my opinion.
How many serial rapists or murders DNA are in those rape kits that do not seem to be important enough to test and record? Thousands of them going back, years and years.
What is the point of taking swabs from a rape victim if they are going to be shelved. It almost seems deliberate.

Just spitballing re: DNA...

So, being that LE *is looking into him* for "several reasons" (as per ABC I think it was)...

That means that either:
A) his DNA is not in the system (for whatever reason) or
B) they don't have good enough DNA to match or have someone else's DNA

They wouldn't be looking into him if they had his DNA *in the system", AND a (good) profile of BG DNA. Right??

Come on. Give me the fallacies of my statement.

Absolutely not, without a doubt the only thing LE has been insistent about from the beginning is that they will not share any details of the crime scene as it is their hold-back.

The only thing we know with any certainty is that there was a definitive “signature”. And we might never know what that was

Just spitballing re: DNA...

So, being that LE *is looking into him* for "several reasons" (as per ABC I think it was)...

That means that either:
A) his DNA is not in the system (for whatever reason) or
B) they don't have good enough DNA to match or have someone else's DNA

They wouldn't be looking into him if they had his DNA *in the system", AND a (good) profile of BG DNA. Right??

Come on. Give me the fallacies of my statement.
Excellent point!

Bringing forward earlier article for context:

Delphi investigation reward fund gets $100k donation
April 5, 2021

BBM

“"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said.

"We are coming for you and there's no place for a heartless coward like you to hide that gets his thrill from killing little girls."

Over the years, police have received tens of thousands of tips.”

[...]

“The Indiana State Police and Carroll County Sheriff's Department will not publicly clear anyone in this investigation until an arrest has been made.”

Photo on bridge with train in background
Brian Chadwell
May 16, 2020

April 25. 2019
Cabelas Hat
on Bridge over river

Fishing/tattoo
Brian Chadwell
April 25, 2019

Fishing underneath bridge with another bridge in background
April 25, 2019

April 17, 2019
River in “Kokomo”
Turtles

April 16 2019 *where is this?

River
April 16, 2019

Photo of River under bridge

Some Bullet & Injury pics section
(Warning graphic and GROSS, eye/brain bleach required)

July 18, 2018
bullet
Facebook

injury
Brian Chadwell..
injury
Brian Chadwell..

bullet
Notice additional red markings on other side
July 14, 2018
Brian Chadwell
*wth is that a bite Mark? What’s that circle? Why is it perfectly around the wound?
Brian Chadwell
July 14, 2018

it appears cross is part of dream catcher

my bad, earlier when I quickly quickly scanned I thought it was jewelry, I haven’t analyzed anything yet, just trying to bring index, note stuff before it goes poof.

*I do recall him wearing a cross necklace though, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305