GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

updated article.

San Antonio Police released a statement saying that during the follow-up search of a trailer located off W. Military Drive in the ongoing investigation of Baby James' disappearance, human remains were found.

"No, we're not confirming," said Mariesol Gomez, baby James' aunt. "We just know that a body was found. And that's it. That's all I know."

At this time, police also said they could not confirm the identity until the Bexar County Medical Examiner conducts his investigation and positively identifies the remains.

While the human remains found at D'Lanny's home have not been officially identified as Baby James, Gomez said the case has been over to a homicide detective.

Human remains discovered during search of the residence of Baby James' mother

Damn, once again it turns out as expected but it still sucks. Waiting for more information...
Human remains found at West Side mobile home during investigation of missing baby James Chairez, SAPD says
The LE failures here are inexcusable.
“Even before then, Gomez and a friend have been cleaning the house out a little bit at a time. On Friday, Gomez said she found some phones in the house with Chairez’s social media and email that she was able to go through.

Though she didn’t find anything out of the ordinary, Gomez said there was a Snapchat video that was focused on some brush area by Chairez’s home. That prompted her and her daughter to check the area, where they found Chairez’s missing cell phone that she says police had been looking for.

Gomez called the detective and turned in the five phones on Friday. It’s not clear if that played into the decision to search the trailer again.”

Why did it take the auntie to find all the evidence??
Human remains found at West Side mobile home during investigation of missing baby James Chairez, SAPD says

The LE failures here are inexcusable.
“Even before then, Gomez and a friend have been cleaning the house out a little bit at a time. On Friday, Gomez said she found some phones in the house with Chairez’s social media and email that she was able to go through.

Though she didn’t find anything out of the ordinary, Gomez said there was a Snapchat video that was focused on some brush area by Chairez’s home. That prompted her and her daughter to check the area, where they found Chairez’s missing cell phone that she says police had been looking for.

Gomez called the detective and turned in the five phones on Friday. It’s not clear if that played into the decision to search the trailer again.”

Why did it take the auntie to find all the evidence??

Well done to the Aunt, I can't believe LE didn't look into it. Why didn't LE find the phone that was in the house?

I have a feeling James might have been placed/buried under the home. Very similar to Baby Evelyn, apart from the fact that LE DID check under the home for Evelyn fairly early on.
What are the chances of another body hidden? I'm fairly certain that the body will be of Baby James. JMO
That bloody sheet should have made LE searches urgent and methodical.
I hope they will still be able to find COD.

The only place the Aunt and her searchers didn't ck was the shed. Unbelievable that that shed was never searched. I think that's where he was found just like Evelyn except she hid him on her own property. IMO. Video only.

'It is sickening': Relative speaks after remains believed to belong to missing baby found by police | kens5.com

i agree this was probably not premeditated, i think it was either an accident or she lost her temper at a weak moment. either way, a sweet baby is gone and she wouldnt talk for this long.

Damn, once again it turns out as expected but it still sucks. Waiting for more information...

It better be the body of a homeless squatter that moved in after all the previous "searches" and cleaning. If this is James' body, I'm gonna need someone to break it down to me like I'm a kindergartner cuz this makes zero sense. How would a police department even be able to explain this? If it's baby James, its gonna be real hard to command respect from anyone. My jaw is literally hanging slack cuz this is so unbelievable. Like others have said, the baby being deceased is no surprise (I can't believe I just said that), but being found in the place he was reportedly missing from... in a trailer... there are no basements, attics, second floors... this should have been the easiest search EVER.... What the heck could be the explanation? Wow. Just wow.

Jmo

What family? The only family member that I’ve ever seen mentioned was the aunt.

How long had D’Lanny lived there to have multiple pets to die?

And they are just now searching there? What the heck?
JMO
The odd thing about it is that this article has been 'updated' but the original article mentioned a 'friend' tipped police because her or boyfriend(?) had asked if they could bury a dog in his back yard. Confusing right now.

Early on in the investigation, when the aunt found the bloody blanket, it should have been glaringly obvious to even the most distracted or overworked supervisor that the mobile home was a potential crime scene. They should have locked that place down tight and performed a professional and thorough search, inside and outside of the home. Instead we have relatives going through things the police have never looked at.
The aunt is doing an excellent job of investigating this crime but defense lawyers will have a heyday with the fact that anybody could have placed evidence there since the police never properly searched or secured the area.
This wasn’t one mistake, it has been litany of mistakes on the part of law-enforcement. That makes me sad because it reflects badly on the many honest, hard-working LE professionals who are not careless or inept.

Early on in the investigation, when the aunt found the bloody blanket, it should have been glaringly obvious to even the most distracted or overworked supervisor that the mobile home was a potential crime scene. They should have locked that place down tight and performed a professional and thorough search, inside and outside of the home. Instead we have relatives going through things the police have never looked at.
The aunt is doing an excellent job of investigating this crime but defense lawyers will have a heyday with the fact that anybody could have placed evidence there since the police never properly searched or secured the area.
This wasn’t one mistake, it has been litany of mistakes on the part of law-enforcement. That makes me sad because it reflects badly on the many honest, hard-working LE professionals who are not careless or inept.

i just dont get it, some of these cases it seems like the devil may care when it comes to LE. this case is another...

FL - FL - Veronica Reyes Diaz, 23, mother of 3, Dover, Hillsborough Co., 18 Jan 2020

Last edited:
I am pretty sure he was buried. The SA Zoo was brought in to help differentiate human bones vs animal bones recovered as the family said there were 'pets' buried in the yard.

San Antonio Zoo, FBI called to Baby James' mother's home after human remains found
The human remains were found on Wed. imo what they found didn't need an anthropologists to identify. This happened yesterday and the zoo probably has an anthropologists on their staff and they probably found bones the wanted to make sure weren't human so called that personnel from the zoo out. IMO

I don't know what to say.....even though I suspected this was the most likely outcome when Dlanny started with the whole adoption story, I'm beyond sad.

RIP sweet lil angel. Run happily through the green fields of Heaven, play with every dog there & give all of the rest of the angels reasons to smile when they see your precious face.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back