Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to the information about the vehicle:

DELPHI PRESS CONFERENCE TRANSCRIPT (2019) - CrimeLights

These have been my thoughts since the April 22 press conference. Since that vehicle and the new sketch were released at the same time, I believe that the two are related. I believe that the witness who provided the second sketch description saw BG either before or after the crime. At that time, BG was not wearing his hat.

At the time of the murder, LE had the photograph of BG, but the sketch provided by the second witness didn't match. LE knew that BG had interreacted with the girls based on the video evidence so they went with the sketch that resembled the photograph. IMO, LE uncovered something that made them realize that the second sketch was the killer (and also BG). And if you look at the current person under investigation, he resembles both sketches IMO. My gut tells me that the second witness also saw BG heading to or leaving the sought vehicle (among other things).

Thank you for pulling this up.

SUPERINTENDENT CARTER: I wasn’t sure quite what to expect when I walked out, but I got to say to the Delphi Community, um, I got to say to the Delphi Community how grateful I am. You inspire people you don’t even understand when, you don’t even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi, Carroll County, The FBI, The Indiana State Police and countless other agencies. This community surrounded us some 26 months ago. And you did everything you could to support us, but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh, I’ll never forget it! After you hear what we’re going to release today I’m going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this….and we will. We’re seeking the public’s help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS/DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland Highway between the hours of noon to five on February 14th, 2017 [Note: It has been updated that the date was misspoken- it should be February 13th, not 14th]. If you were parked there or know who was parked there, please contact the officers at the command post at The Delphi City Building. We’re releasing additional portions of the audio recording from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is NOT two different people speaking- please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby’s phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows the suspect walking on the bridge. When you see the video, watch the person’s mannerisms as they walk. Watch the mannerisms as he walks. Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know? Remember, he is walking on the former railroad bridge. Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge, the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties. During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary, as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch, which you will see shortly, IS the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi- currently, or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis, or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40, but might appear younger than his true age. [Speaking] Directly to the Killer, who may be in this room: We believe you were hiding in plain sight. For more than 2 years, you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy. But we have. Will you likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know. And one day, you will. A question to you: What will those closest to you think of you when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls? Two children! Only a coward would do such a thing. We are confident that you have told someone what you have done, or at the very least they know because of how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to two children. I recently watched a movie called ‘The Shack’, and there’s also a book that talks so well about evil, about death, and about eternity. To the murderer: I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left. And I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, IS NOT, what they are experiencing today. To the family: I hope that you all [the media] will give them some time, because we’re going to be asking that there is no media inquiry, or no media response for at least the next two weeks, and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this Earth, I’ll be thinking about them. There’s going to be a tremendous amount of questions. I know that, I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us, please. We are just beginning. We are just now beginning, and I can tell you on behalf of The Sheriff and The Police Chief, and so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time, that we will NOT stop!

DELPHI-PRESS-CONFERENCE-TRANSCRIPT-2019-NEW-SKETCH-ABBY-AND-LIBBY-SUSPECT-1024x608.png

2019 Delphi Press Conference Transcript: Powerful moment from when Superintendent Carter proclaimed “I believe you just have a LITTLE BIT of a conscience left!”

So, re: the above BBM, why does he believe this? Is he just trying to appeal to him in case he might have “a little bit of conscience left), or does he really believe it or think this for some specific reason? If so, why? And this, no little, with a new sketch.

I realize we have already discussed this inside outside backwards forwards for years, but taking a new look in the context of Chadwell...

I wonder, IF Chadwell is BG, did JC do something specific, communicate, leave something which lent to “good guy/bad guy, Opposite Day...”(thinking out loud). We talked all this before. Just wondering how it May or may not relate to Chadwell specifically. This was why I was wondering about his letter writing in prison, and if he writes letters, etc.

Last edited:
Was it 7:00 pm on the dot ??

According to this 2012 article about scheduling automatic FB posts, they can only be set in 10 minute increments as follows

" at 00-, 10-, 20-, 30-, 40- or 50-minute marks of the hour. So if you need a post to go out specifically at 2:15 pm, you cannot set it."

No, it wasn't straight up seven. It's actually at 7:07pm. Thank you for finding the answer so it can be considered on those specific time stamps.

JC posted a photo of himself with a friend. The friend is wearing a tam like in the first sketch. However, the photo was taken many years ago so not all of his photos are posted the day they are taken. But, I think everyone knew that already.

FB Photo Index (Updated)
*Not exhaustive

March 10, 2017
Inside Red Vehicle
Brian Chadwell

May 28, 2017
Fire pit
Facebook

July 10, 2018
3 Kayaks
Sundolphin 10’ fisherman’s kayak
(Took them in on trade for a truck, but only need two,
$150 pickup only, will deliver for gas money)

July 14, 2018
Circle around wound, additional red markings on other side
Brian Chadwell

July 14, 2018
Wound, belt, jeans
Brian Chadwell

July 18, 2018
bullet/slug
Facebook

July 18, 2018
Injuries
1. Brian Chadwell
2. Brian Chadwell

April 6, 2019
Swollen Knuckle pic

April 16, 2019
Photo of creek under bridge
Brian Chadwell

April 16, 2019
River & Riverbank

April 16 2019
Structure

April 17, 2019
River in “Kokomo”, Turtles

April 25, 2019
Fishing along bank, tattoo

April 25, 2019
Fishing underneath bridge with another bridge in background

May 11, 2019
Photo of Train and Bridge over River

March 16, 2019
Photo: orange shirt, jeans, standing with hands in pockets
Tennessee
Facebook

June 9, 2019
Fire

June 20, 2020
Green bicycle with Heroes American Vodka bottle
Brian Chadwell

June 27, 2019
Kayak Fishing on the Lake

April 19, 2020
Mini shooter bottles/Grape Ice 101 Vodka
Brian Chadwell

May 15, 2020
Outdoor “AA meeting” around fire
Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020
Cabelas Hat, Arm tattoo
Selfie on Bridge over river

May 16, 2020
Photo on bridge with train in background
Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020
Green bicycle - “Another 15 mile bike ride today”
Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020
Sightseeing at Purdue University
Brian Chadwell

June 1, 2020
Selfie in woods, Daytona Beach hat, tattoo
Facebook

June 7, 2020
Knee deep “in the Tippecanoe River in Lafayette”, navy striped shirt
Facebook

June 13, 2020
Fire in woods, navy striped shirt
Facebook

July 5, 2020
Trees/woods
“Always look up”
Brian Chadwell

April 11, 2021
RINGS (Jeulia)

1. Facebook 3 rings in small black box
2. Brian Chadwell Jeulia Box (packaging), Jeulia gift bag (golf clubs in background?)
3. Brian Chadwell Inside of packaging box

Thank you!! I hadn’t watched the video.

It looks like kitchen utensils on the counter (in a container) to me.

Awfully short to be golf clubs. I think mpnola is right.

(LOL!! I was googling golf club head attachments! This is why I don’t do the image analysis, I’m like Red Foxx in Harlem Nights! Obviously time to take a break here :D)

Last edited:
So if I remember correctly there was mention early on about a short billed cap. I also think I remember people posting photos of painters caps.

BC is a welder. Welders wear short billed caps. I think welders wear them with the bill in the back but in this stock photo this model is wearing it the opposite direction. Wonder if it could have been something like this? Also included one that has ear looking flaps just because.

Attachments

• CE3667B7-2E46-4F87-A1D6-735E30446D00.jpeg
    CE3667B7-2E46-4F87-A1D6-735E30446D00.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 7D8052EB-E70A-484F-98EA-62943FF79CE4.jpeg
    7D8052EB-E70A-484F-98EA-62943FF79CE4.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 15
The velocity at which this thread is moving now gives me hope. I can barely keep up. I can just imagine the exposure it has raised in central Indiana. If this isn't the killer and LE so states maybe someone somewhere learns more about the case details and thinks,"Not Chadwell, but I bet this is ______."

BBM. That surprises me.

There are basically three classifications when the FBI talks about child murders:
1. The offender was a family member or intimate (close relationship, perhaps lived in the same residence, if unrelated to the victim.)
2. The offender was an acquaintance (this includes cases where the offender was aware of the child's identity, but the child did not know him. An example would be the case of Faye Marie Swetlik - the offender was a neighbor but not well known to the family.)
3. The offender was a total stranger to the victim. An example would be the April Tinsley abduction/murder on Indiana. The offender just drove around one day looking for unattended children and took the best opportunity he found.

When children are last known to be unattended out in public (walking on a trail, walking home from school, etc) and they are abducted and later found murdered, this is usually not committed by a family member. It's an acquaintance (neighbor, worker who had reason to be in that area frequently) about 45% of the time and it's a total stranger another 45% of the time.

These statistics come from the Keppel & Brown Child Abduction Murder Study commissioned by the Department of Justice but it can be considered MOO.

Ok what are your thoughts on this...
Much earlier in these posts someone suggested the killer may have made his escape on a canoe etc. Now we know that JBC had kayaks as per the pictures of him trying to sell them. Is it possible he kayaked from Deer Creek to The Wabash River straight to Lafayette to make his getaway? Is that even possible?

Last edited:
BBM:

Delphi murders 'might' be connected to nearby kidnapping case: Sheriff

April 29, 2021

“There are "several factors" leading police working the 2017 Delphi killings to look into this month's alleged kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News on Wednesday.

Leazenby declined to go into detail and stressed that there's no specific link at this point. He said Delphi investigators are following up like they have on several other potential leads over the years.””

[...]

“A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10. His public defender did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.”

Ok what are your thoughts on this...
Much earlier in these posts someone suggested the killer may have made his escape on a canoe etc. Now we know that JBC had kayaks as per the pictures of him trying to sell them. Is it possible he kayaked from Deer Creek to The Wabash River straight to Lafayette to make his getaway? Is that even possible?

Interesting that JC is into kayaking. Here's a trip down Deer Creek that points out "There were a couple of interesting bridges to pass under also; a relatively rare functional iron truss bridge, and a very tall (for Indiana) railroad trestle (no longer in service)."

Deer Creek

Wonder if JC has ever done Deer Creek?

Thanks for bringing this link forward. :) I know we’d all like to examine and discuss all these potential “various pathways” and routes!

Deer Creek

And on that line of thought: he had several posts since Feb 2017 about eating healthier, going for long bike rides, exercising/working out more, and having physically demanding jobs. So it absolutely stands to reason he may have shed some of the dad bod pounds...

Oh really? So much I haven’t seen..

”Long bike rides”, eh?

*are there bike trails that run from Lafayette to Delphi?
(This has been on the to do list, off road trails, etc.)

Or does he ride on the street?

Eta: going to try to go for a bike ride on Google

note to self: topomap and alltrails, parks and rec

eta2: do we know if that green bike with the water bottle was his? Going in for photo link pic, will add as eta

Here is the FB link post for reference / See BBM and note other pics from the same day, May 16, 2020. Some potential patterns are starting to emerge, day trips, etc. This is reflected in other areas as I’m plugging in these data points:

May 16, 2020
Cabelas Hat, Arm tattoo
Selfie on Bridge over river

May 16, 2020
Photo on bridge with train in background
Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020
Green bicycle - “Another 15 mile bike ride today”

Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020
Sightseeing at Purdue University
Brian Chadwell