IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedophilic and Nonpedophilic Distinction
The most important distinction among child sexual abusers is whether they are pedophilic or nonpedophilic, because pedophilia has been shown to be a strong predictor of sexual recidivism (Hanson & Bussiere, 1998). Not all individuals who sexually assault children are pedophiles. Pedophilia consists of a sexual preference for children that may or may not lead to child sexual abuse (e.g., viewing child *advertiser censored*), whereas child sexual abuse involves sexual contact with a child that may or may not be due to pedophilia (Camilleri & Quinsey, 2008).

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (American Psychiatric Association, 2013), a diagnosis of pedophilia requires an individual to have recurrent, intense and sexually arousing fantasies, urges or behaviors directed toward a prepubescent child (generally 13 years of age or younger) over a period of at least six months; to have acted on these urges or to be distressed by them; and to be at least 16 years old and at least five years older than the child victim.

The World Health Organization, which publishes the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (WHO, 2010) defines Pedophilia as a sexual preference for children, boys or girls or both, usually of prepubertal or early pubertal by an adult.

One of the first typologies was formulated from the delineation of pedophilic and nonpedophilic child sexual abuse. Groth, Hobson and Gary (1982) classified child sexual abusers based on the degree to which the sexual behavior is entrenched and the basis for psychological needs (fixated-regressed typology).

The fixated offender prefers interaction and identifies with children socially and sexually (Simon et al., 1992). These individuals often develop and maintain relationships with children to satisfy their sexual needs (Conte, 1991). In contrast, regressed child sexual abusers prefer social and sexual interaction with adults; their sexual involvement with children is situational and occurs as a result of life stresses (Simon et al., 1992).bbm
Chapter 3: Sex Offender Typologies
*I think the bolded is Chadwell.

The most important distinction among child sexual abusers is whether they are pedophilic or nonpedophilic, because pedophilia has been shown to be a strong predictor of sexual recidivism (Hanson & Bussiere, 1998). Not all individuals who sexually assault children are pedophiles. Pedophilia consists of a sexual preference for children that may or may not lead to child sexual abuse (e.g., viewing child *advertiser censored*), whereas child sexual abuse involves sexual contact with a child that may or may not be due to pedophilia (Camilleri & Quinsey, 2008).

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th Edition (American Psychiatric Association, 2013), a diagnosis of pedophilia requires an individual to have recurrent, intense and sexually arousing fantasies, urges or behaviors directed toward a prepubescent child (generally 13 years of age or younger) over a period of at least six months; to have acted on these urges or to be distressed by them; and to be at least 16 years old and at least five years older than the child victim.

The World Health Organization, which publishes the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (WHO, 2010) defines Pedophilia as a sexual preference for children, boys or girls or both, usually of prepubertal or early pubertal by an adult.

One of the first typologies was formulated from the delineation of pedophilic and nonpedophilic child sexual abuse. Groth, Hobson and Gary (1982) classified child sexual abusers based on the degree to which the sexual behavior is entrenched and the basis for psychological needs (fixated-regressed typology).

The fixated offender prefers interaction and identifies with children socially and sexually (Simon et al., 1992). These individuals often develop and maintain relationships with children to satisfy their sexual needs (Conte, 1991). In contrast, regressed child sexual abusers prefer social and sexual interaction with adults; their sexual involvement with children is situational and occurs as a result of life stresses (Simon et al., 1992).bbm
Super interesting.

My take on JCB is he is all sorts of messed up. I do think he wants the company of adult women but that he is fixated on children. I don't think it's merely situational because of all the posts he made specifically about children. Kids are on his mind.

I also think he's fixated on good/bad, and he does bad things to good little girls. Likely acts on his urges when under stress, but he wants to hurt girls specifically.

I think he mistreats adult women too, fwiw.

A whole lotta messed up.

Just my opinion from observations made from my armchair.

I took the time to download the pictures of the bullet wounds. Sick ain't it?

Anyway, it's tough to tell caliber, maybe 9mm, but possibly a .38.

If I had to go with one, I'd say 9mm.

Also tough to tell if the pics show more than one entry/exit wound (meaning shot more than once). One is clearly in the fleshy lower abdomen, side of belly, above belt line.

I showed my husband the photo of the bullet. He thinks it’s a 9mm or 38 and said almost the exact same thing, without seeing it in person it’s hard to tell. He too would lean towards 9mm.
It’s crazy that he dug that out of his own skin.

Great post and I agree with your assessment on which type he is. I don't think he has a victim type and I think the fact that he cannot maintain an adult relationship frustrates him so much that he takes it out on the nearest victim/child/children he can. He can do to them what he feels he can't do with the adults in his life, power, control and rage. I don't think he is a pedopile in the usual sense I think he looks for who he can control/overpower and take his frustrations out on. Speculation moo
Eta He has so many assault charges against other adults and has spent time in jail for them. So it does seem he has changed the type of people he assaults to ones he feel he can overpower and get away with. Makes me shudder to think there may be more victims. Speculation Jmo

Last edited:
The Affidavit of Probable Cause indicated this little girl had bite marks on her body. I wonder if Abby & Libby had the same. That seems specific.

I regret reading the affidavit (thank you to the poster who put the disclaimer when posting it).

My stomach feels sick thinking about this little girl and the trauma she has to be experiencing.

The officers that recovered her have to be feeling a blow with what they saw. Talk about restraint arresting that vile ***.

Thankfully she was reported missing fast & the response was quick. IMO
I think the 9 year old’s bites are from the dog, jmo

Question about gait or walking. BG possibly be inebriated. JMO. However he has that kind of prison walk. They drag a leg. Think it's called a hook.

They also put their hands in their pocket a certain way. BG with pockets? Think it's an every.day guy thing?

Hypothetically, let’s say LE find evidence that JBC is responsible for the Delphi Murders. When will they charge him if he’s facing charges in a different county? Will they hold off or make it public knowledge that he’s the alleged BG? I’m not sure how they handle things like this so I’m just curious if anyone knows.

Super interesting.

My take on JCB is he is all sorts of messed up. I do think he wants the company of adult women but that he is fixated on children. I don't think it's merely situational because of all the posts he made specifically about children. Kids are on his mind.

I also think he's fixated on good/bad, and he does bad things to good little girls. Likely acts on his urges when under stress, but he wants to hurt girls specifically.

I think he mistreats adult women too, fwiw.

A whole lotta messed up.

Just my opinion from observations made from my armchair.
I agree.
I also wonder about his own childhood, obviously.

imo jmo

Well he won’t be going anywhere anytime soon. Lots of time to investigate and see if he’s connected to any other crimes.

Others may come forward now that they feel safer. Attempted murder! Wow!

It’ll be interesting to hear what friends and family have to say. I have a feeling the floodgates are gonna open up on Chadwell.

MOO

Thanks @Tealgrove! What you've said is so important!!

The little girl was chained in the basement.

Police Dispatcher: They’re down in the basement with her right now.
Officer: I’m going to need more detectives called in on this.

Second officer: Is that the little girl?
Officer: It’s exactly what you hear.

JC in a similar stance to BG.

View attachment 295058

The little girl’s grandmother said he “strangled her so bad… her trachea is damaged to where all she can do is eat through a straw!!! If it hadn’t been for the speed of the Lafayette Police Department arriving on the scene, she would be dead!!!

Reporter to Mike Patty:
Do you believe there could be a connection between this guy and Abby and Libby?

MP: I’m certainly hopeful. I’m waiting for that call from law enforcement, you know. I know the investigating team is working on it. I have talked to them and they’re actively pursuing this. As bad as I’d love to get all worked up and be able to say, ‘Yeah, this is gonna be the one’, we’re just gonna have to wait.

Chadwell is a laid-off welder from Lafayette – 20 miles from Delphi. In another video, IE found, he drew a woman in the woods — a knife sits nearby.

Delphi Investigators Are ‘Actively Pursuing’ Accused Predator James Chadwell, Libby German’s Grandfather Says
If JC turns out to be the killer of Abby and Libby than this little girl and her family should get the reward money.

I got chills when I read that. Probably he's not the one who killed Lyric and Elizabeth in 2012, but I remember that their bodies were found on hunting land.

I hope someone is looking into whether he was on parole and in Iowa at the time this happened. I can't find the link so this is just IMO, but I remember reading some text describing him as living in a halfway house in Sioux Falls, IA, and of him travelling somewhere else in Iowa without permission (he was on some kind of supervision).

It seems he was in a halfway house in Sioux Falls (SD, not IA) and travelled to Rock Valley, IA without permission. That's nearly an hour away from Sioux Falls, and in the county where I grew up, which really piqued my interest. To think that someone this reprehensible, whether connected to Delphi or not, spent time in my little home county?!? I'm interested (I guess) in knowing more about why he was in Sioux County and what he was doing there.

So Rock Valley to Evansdale, IA is about a 4.5 hour drive. As far as I can tell from reading through his lengthy arrest records in the media thread, he was not in prison when Lyric and Elizabeth were killed on 7/13/2012 - but it is difficult to tell where he was/where he was supposed to be on that date. All MOO.

If he is BG, I wonder if they would offer him a plea to take the DP off the table if he confesses to murdering Abby and Libby?
I have thought about this a lot today--
Per some of JBC's posts-- he was way more comfortable INSIDE prison than being on the Outside, out in the world.
I think he would rather be in prison and would prefer LWOP vs death so hoping that may be a possibility for LE to make that offer.
I think he would take it since he seems to like living inside prison.

I have thought about this a lot today--
Per some of JBC's posts-- he was way more comfortable INSIDE prison than being on the Outside, out in the world.
I think he would rather be in prison and would prefer LWOP vs death so hoping that may be a possibility for LE to make that offer.
I think he would take it since he seems to like living inside prison.

I know what you’re saying, but I don’t want him to be where he is more comfortable… I want him to be where he is miserable for the rest of his miserable life!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes