Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised to learn that some ministry they are affiliated with have programs to send boys and men that are "struggling" (the word they would use) that have no women and children around. I'm sure they will find a way to get him out. UGH.

Have no women and children around.... JAIL and PRISON sound good to me!

I think from articles in the past that his wife has staunchly stood by him --- but I was afraid that either Josh or someone in his family had threatened her into silence ?
Many wives would have left this guy by now !
MOO

Eta : Thanks for all of the updates everyone !
Not sure why I'm following as it's such a disgusting case.
Still ... hoping for justice for the victims !

In the life of a narcissist, everybody around them only knows what the narcissist tells them. Ns compartmentalize people. They can spin a lie six different ways and get away with it as long as person A doesn’t run in the same circles as a persons B & C etc.
Anna is at home, clearly very busy putting her all into raising healthy, happy children. Whatever business ( or otherwise) dealings her husband has is only known to her by what he tells her. What does outside the home can be completely hidden from her. She pretty much has to believe whatever he tells her.
I know from experience that in a situation like this even if other people catch on to what the N is doing, they generally either assume that the wife already knows or aren’t willing to be the one to tell her. Often, the N lies to others about his home situation in order to gain sympathy or support from work colleagues, spiritual advisors or potential “extracurricular”partners. This is how an intelligent honest, loving wife can be totally oblivious to what her N husband is doing.

His wife needs to finally leave. For the sake of the kids. If she doesn't, she is complicit. I don't even want to think about the possibility of her knowing and still staying in that marriage. I know indoctrination is strong in some people but there were news when the initial scandals happened, her brother offered to help her leave. So she has some resources.

I would not be surprised to learn that some ministry they are affiliated with have programs to send boys and men that are "struggling" (the word they would use) that have no women and children around. I'm sure they will find a way to get him out. UGH.

If memory serves he did attend a program that was faith based and connected to his religion.

A source exclusively revealed to The Sun that the Counting On patriarch, 55, told his children on Thursday morning that Josh was going into custody for serious federal charges.

An insider told The Sun: "Jim Bob told all his kids and their spouses on Thursday morning that Josh would be arrested imminently.

"He asked them all to pray for Josh and Anna, and trust that God would bring them closer together through the tough time.

"He also asked them to not speak publicly about the arrest or any issues with Josh."

Jim Bob shares 19 children with his wife Michelle, 54, and Josh, 33, is their eldest child.

This here.... I can barely handle it. Bring them closer together during this "touch time"??? Tough time?!?!? You mean his extremely serious criminal actions? That HEEEEE chose? That's not a tough time. Thats criminal behavior, that is likely the worst of the worst predatory behavior upon children. And furthermore, all this enabling and sugar coating is exactly what likely got more children harmed. Very probably including his own, considering it says no contact with minors. I am spitting mad!!! Trust God?!?! How about teach your son right and wrong and that there is accountability for CRIMINAL and destructive behavior! God has nothing to do with it. STOP EXCUSING AND HIDING PREDATORS!!!!!!! Stop it. Just stop. Shine the light. Expose them. Stop making young girls and boys feel shame, like they should forgive and forget rather than being protected and stood up for. Where's the prayers for his victims. I just can't with these people.
How about praying for the children.

Josh Duggar's dad Jim Bob 'warned his family the arrest was imminent'

This requires more than prayer. Here is an opportunity for this family to do the right thing and tell the world what he did is not something that you pray over but report to the police so the person is removed from society. Jim Bob helps to keep a veil of secrecy on this kind of abuse when he does not speak against it. His children were abused and now his son has been in possession of child *advertiser censored* with abuse of children under 12. When will it be enough to condemn his son and be a model for what happens when your child abuses children or your child is in possession of materials that represent the abuse of other innocent children?

He needs a lot of serious help. And I hope his existing 6 kids are confiscated from him as there is no telling what he would do to them.

Josh Duggar's dad Jim Bob 'warned his family the arrest was imminent'

This requires more than prayer. Here is an opportunity for this family to do the right thing and tell the world what he did is not something that you pray over but report to the police so the person is removed from society. Jim Bob helps to keep a veil of secrecy on this kind of abuse when he does not speak against it. His children were abused and now his son has been in possession of child *advertiser censored* with abuse of children under 12. When will it be enough to condemn his son and be a model for what happens when your child abuses children or your child is in possession of materials that represent the abuse of other innocent children?
Never. The enabling and excusing are EXACTLY what keeps this behavior alive, well and unchecked. And keeps the females being disrespected and abused over and over, in multiple ways. Being sexually abused is horrific. But having a parent make excuses and not stand firmly for you..... I suspect that feels like even more of an extreme betrayal and hurt. It is absolutely inexcusable. I have ZERO respect for family and women who shield the abusers, at the expense of the victims. Zero.

His wife needs to finally leave. For the sake of the kids. If she doesn't, she is complicit. I don't even want to think about the possibility of her knowing and still staying in that marriage. I know indoctrination is strong in some people but there were news when the initial scandals happened, her brother offered to help her leave. So she has some resources.
I completely agree. @killarney rose mentioned on this thread that Jill was estranged from the family and I found this article. Jill and her husband did leave. So it can be done. And has been done in this family. I'm rooting for Jill! She even got an attorney to recoup some of the money she was owed from the show from her dad (look like he keeps all the money).

Everything Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Have Said About Their Estranged Family Relationship - E! Online

ETA - I'm still really worried about his kids. I can only assume that if the images were of his kids, LE would have pulled the kids from the family. One can only hope.

He needs a lot of serious help. And I hope his existing 6 kids are confiscated from him as there is no telling what he would do to them.

I agree he needs help BUT that help should be in conjunction with prison and a sex offender status that keeps him away from victims. In the past he sentenced his victims to a lifetime of dealing with his actions. Now, it is his turn to pay the consequences and not be able to hurt people anymore. JMHO.

If memory serves he did attend a program that was faith based and connected to his religion.

You are right. I completely forgot about that nonsense!

This is exactly what I meant by someone they are affiliated with having a place for him. We all know it's a joke and the places are a means to placate. There is nowhere he can go that society is safe from him aside from prison. But I am willing to bet his family will find a way to get him out.

Anna needs to be empowered to leave this relationship with her children. Her belief system is probably so deeply engrained in her. This is such a shame and in a family where children are everywhere, literally.

Josh Duggar is a predator. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member