Found Deceased TX - Lashun Massey, 38, Irving, 27 Apr 2021 *Reigning Mrs. Dallas pageant queen*

I can tell you about that lake. I lived in an apartment that overlooked the canal section where the body of Lashun was found. That section is not so deep. There also is a sloping ramp at the end of the canal section that goes into the deeper lake. I would jog around this lake frequently and I am sure if someone saw her in there they would question if she was okay. No one goes into that lake or the canals. There are warning signs posted all along the lake for good reason. The water in this system of canals and lakes makes it's way to a water cleaning and filtering facility. I also read that the marine life in the lake was purposely put there to help the filtering process before reaching it's destination. I remember seeing a lot of turtles and fish in the canal.
What is strange to me is that Dr. Lashun was a civil engineer and her own business as a consultant dealt with ecological water systems. Which is exactly what this lake and canal system is. She would know more about this water system than most people.

I was recently watching coverage on a missing child. Even the reporter was referring to the child in the past tense before the child was found. And the child was found unharmed.
How long was she married? The comment about the husband being told she was afraid of water and couldn’t swim was kinda weird to me. Was told? He didn’t know for sure? Now I’m playing on words myself. Hahah Happy Friday. This is local to me but I don’t watch local news.

I don't think the article meant that the husband didn't know his wife hated the water. All the other articles that mention this state that the husband told this to LE.

The statement that Cortne is referring to is this. (not sure who Shaub is. I can't open the source article.)

"Shaub said Massey couldn’t swim and he was told she hated the water."

I believe that it should say "Shaub said Massey couldn’t swim and he [Shaub] was told she hated the water."

DPS Dive Team Finds Body In Irving Lake Where Missing Wife, Mother Lashun Massey Was Last Seen

Most articles explain that witnesses saw a person walking in the lake/canal early in the morning of Massey's disappearance. However, at the end of the video in this article, the spokesperson says that after Massey was reported missing, they reviewed their records and learned that a report of a suspicious person in the water had actually been called in around 5:30. The description matched Massey, he said. I wonder why LE didn't follow up on the report? Not to criticize LE, it must not have fit their criteria for followup. But I was thinking how, for her family, it's one more "if only" thought added to their loss.

I can tell you about that lake. I lived in an apartment that overlooked the canal section where the body of Lashun was found. That section is not so deep. There also is a sloping ramp at the end of the canal section that goes into the deeper lake. I would jog around this lake frequently and I am sure if someone saw her in there they would question if she was okay. No one goes into that lake or the canals. There are warning signs posted all along the lake for good reason. The water in this system of canals and lakes makes it's way to a water cleaning and filtering facility. I also read that the marine life in the lake was purposely put there to help the filtering process before reaching it's destination. I remember seeing a lot of turtles and fish in the canal.
What is strange to me is that Dr. Lashun was a civil engineer and her own business as a consultant dealt with ecological water systems. Which is exactly what this lake and canal system is. She would know more about this water system than most people.

BatGirl,

I had two specific questions about the exact location they found Lashun.

Thank you.

1.) Where is the water cleaning and filtering facility located? Is it a separate building?

2.) Which canal was she located? I see two of them on the map.
The Equesterian Center Canal?

Last edited:
BatGirl,

I had two specific questions about the exact location they found Lashun.

Thank you.

1.) Where is the water cleaning and filtering facility located? Is it a separate building?

2.) Which canal was she located? I see two of them on the map.
The Equesterian Center Canal?

She was found at Grand Via and Deseo, not the Equesterian Center.
I'm not sure which facility the water runs to. It's not near here. If you expand the Google map you will see many small lakes and canals in this area. I still live near the area where Dr. Massey was found. Right across the street from me is Lake Carolyn with canals very similar to Clair Lago. Again you will see the same warning signs not to be in the water. The next neighborhood over has a canal and lakes. On and on it goes.

Dallas County Medical Examiner confirms body found in Lago de Claire is Lashun Massey

Reeves said that they had received numerous tips, including Ring doorbell video footage that led them to believe that they needed to search the waterways again.

Police will continue investigating as a missing persons case unless anything is discovered during the autopsy that shows otherwise, Reeves said. The department does not suspect any type of foul play, Reeves reiterated.

When asked why Massey may have been in the water, Reeves said the department doesn't know at this time.

I don't think the article meant that the husband didn't know his wife hated the water. All the other articles that mention this state that the husband told this to LE.

The statement that Cortne is referring to is this. (not sure who Shaub is. I can't open the source article.)

"Shaub said Massey couldn’t swim and he was told she hated the water."

I believe that it should say "Shaub said Massey couldn’t swim and he [Shaub] was told she hated the water."
Makes total sense. Thank you

My heart goes out to her and her family. Suicides of accomplished women who must feel like they are under unbelievable pressure even if it's just in their own minds, really hit me hard. Their mental anguish must be indescribable.

There was another of a doctor...maybe in NY? Whose patients said such wonderful things about, reminds me of that.

My heart goes out to her and her family. Suicides of accomplished women who must feel like they are under unbelievable pressure even if it's just in their own minds, really hit me hard. Their mental anguish must be indescribable.

There was another of a doctor...maybe in NY? Whose patients said such wonderful things about, reminds me of that.
Yes, NY. Tamara Saukin. Also found in water. :(

DPS Dive Team Finds Body In Irving Lake Where Missing Wife, Mother Lashun Massey Was Last Seen

Most articles explain that witnesses saw a person walking in the lake/canal early in the morning of Massey's disappearance. However, at the end of the video in this article, the spokesperson says that after Massey was reported missing, they reviewed their records and learned that a report of a suspicious person in the water had actually been called in around 5:30. The description matched Massey, he said. I wonder why LE didn't follow up on the report? Not to criticize LE, it must not have fit their criteria for followup. But I was thinking how, for her family, it's one more "if only" thought added to their loss.

Just joined after following Maya Millette’s case here. So it’s my first post and not a techy! Lashun’s story has raised red flags for me from the start, it just doesn’t make sense to me - none of it. Can I just point out that while people did report **advertiser censored* person with hoody and pajama pants stepping in/out of water....isn’t it possible it could’ve been someone else under that hoodie if it was up? Especially in the dark at 5:30an? Then when I watched her funeral I was SHOCKED to see only her husband and what appeared to be his family - only. Been together just 5 years husband says in video. You can watch it here Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing
So I did a very difficult search to see if her family was doing a separate one in Arkansas - yes, they are. Also found it interesting that services are under Dr. Lashun King, not Massey. Very interesting in my opinion.
upload_2021-5-7_10-49-11.jpegHolloway and Gage Funeral home Facebook page. Holloway-Gage Funeral Home
I just can’t make sense of LM making this decision, much less in this manner. All my own amateur opinions. Please feel free to let me know if I didn’t do this right!
ETA found it interesting that her TX funeral started with James Taylor song and ended with Phil Collins, but prayers in between.

Just joined after following Maya Millette’s case here. So it’s my first post and not a techy! Lashun’s story has raised red flags for me from the start, it just doesn’t make sense to me - none of it. Can I just point out that while people did report **advertiser censored* person with hoody and pajama pants stepping in/out of water....isn’t it possible it could’ve been someone else under that hoodie if it was up? Especially in the dark at 5:30an? Then when I watched her funeral I was SHOCKED to see only her husband and what appeared to be his family - only. Been together just 5 years husband says in video. You can watch it here Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing
So I did a very difficult search to see if her family was doing a separate one in Arkansas - yes, they are. Also found it interesting that services are under Dr. Lashun King, not Massey. Very interesting in my opinion.
View attachment 296259Holloway and Gage Funeral home Facebook page. Holloway-Gage Funeral Home
I just can’t make sense of LM making this decision, much less in this manner. All my own amateur opinions. Please feel free to let me know if I didn’t do this right!
ETA found it interesting that her TX funeral started with James Taylor song and ended with Phil Collins, but prayers in between.

I've followed the case as well also saw her mother speaking about it on the local news when it happened, she stated how her daughter would never have went near the water, So there's just so much that does not make sense. Thank you for the conferencing info.

I don't agree. I don't think there's anything suspicious here.

If the person getting in and out of the water didn't match her description, I'm sure the witnesses would have said that. When people are suicidal, they don't think straight. They often do things that are out of character. Plenty of people who are scared of water still end their lives in water. I think her mother probably just wanted to cling to the last bits of hope that it wasn't her.

I mean, let's entertain the notion for a second that she met with foul play. That would require someone to harm her during the night and put her in the water. It would then require a random, unrelated woman matching her description to be at the lake in the morning, acting suspicious and distressed, getting in and out of the water. That would be one heck of a coincidence.

The two different services and names don't mean anything. A lot of people don't want to travel due to covid and there's a decent chance that the family just don't like her husband, which has nothing to do with her death.

The autopsy will already have been done by now since the funeral was in May and she was presumably buried by then. If there were anything suspicious in it, then we'd know by now. I think the autopsy probably just found that she sadly drowned. When you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras - it's tragic, but sometimes a suicide is just a suicide. Reach out to your loved ones. Make sure they're okay. You never know what they're going through.

JMHO.

I don't agree. I don't think there's anything suspicious here.

If the person getting in and out of the water didn't match her description, I'm sure the witnesses would have said that. When people are suicidal, they don't think straight. They often do things that are out of character. Plenty of people who are scared of water still end their lives in water. I think her mother probably just wanted to cling to the last bits of hope that it wasn't her.

I mean, let's entertain the notion for a second that she met with foul play. That would require someone to harm her during the night and put her in the water. It would then require a random, unrelated woman matching her description to be at the lake in the morning, acting suspicious and distressed, getting in and out of the water. That would be one heck of a coincidence.

The two different services and names don't mean anything. A lot of people don't want to travel due to covid and there's a decent chance that the family just don't like her husband, which has nothing to do with her death.

The autopsy will already have been done by now since the funeral was in May and she was presumably buried by then. If there were anything suspicious in it, then we'd know by now. I think the autopsy probably just found that she sadly drowned. When you hear hooves, think horses, not zebras - it's tragic, but sometimes a suicide is just a suicide. Reach out to your loved ones. Make sure they're okay. You never know what they're going through.

JMHO.

Yeah and it's okay to disagree, Everyone's entitled to their own thoughts and opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back