Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a little more is needed from this patriarch and matriarch but that is just my opinion.

From Duggar website @ https://www.duggarfamily.com/2021/04/duggar-family-statement-2/

Duggar Family Statement
by Duggar Family | Apr 30, 2021 | 0 comments

“We appreciate your continued prayers for our family at this time. The accusations brought against Joshua today are very serious. It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light, and that this will all be resolved in a timely manner. We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family.”

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

Josh Duggar Pleads Not Guilty After Being Formally Charged in Arkansas Court - E! Online

On Friday, April 30, an arraignment of the 33-year-old reality star was conducted via Zoom in federal court, Western District of Arkansas.

Although the two charges brought against Duggar were not read, per the request of his attorneys, he pleaded not guilty on both counts. Duggar is expected to remain in custody pending an upcoming court date on May 5. One stipulation the judge requested is for Duggar to have a third-party custodian, should he be released on bond. Also, the residence where he would stay must be devoid of minor children.

Ugh. I really thought it was going to be something like money laundering but no, a leopard doesn't change his spots. I want to scream as I recall mommy and daddy Duggar sending Josh off to a Christian rehab years ago for his "*advertiser censored* addiction." Little did we know... nah, we knew; it was just a matter of time.

Did his parents know his *advertiser censored* preferences was depictions of sexual abuse of minors? Does Anna know? Will she stand by him once again? Is he the only Duggar with a broken moral compass?

I can only hope he hasn't targeted his oldest daughter, given his predilection for abusing family members. :mad:

His wife needs to finally leave. For the sake of the kids. If she doesn't, she is complicit. I don't even want to think about the possibility of her knowing and still staying in that marriage. I know indoctrination is strong in some people but there were news when the initial scandals happened, her brother offered to help her leave. So she has some resources.
Maybe after Interviewing the family and extended family (children), children’s services will intervene.

She should have left him years ago. Instead she chose to support him and allow him access to more and more children.

oh absolutely. i want to scream. my comment was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt as she is a submissive woman in a cult but there comes a moment where your love for your kids should prevail. this is all so upsetting to talk about. i hate hate hate how many people would rather stay married out of tradition than protect their kids / themselves. yes they're also in a way victims but obviously children are more vulnerable / have less autonomy.

Ugh. I really thought it was going to be something like money laundering but no, a leopard doesn't change his spots. I want to scream as I recall mommy and daddy Duggar sending Josh off to a Christian rehab years ago for his "*advertiser censored* addiction." Little did we know... nah, we knew; it was just a matter of time.

Did his parents know his *advertiser censored* preferences was depictions of sexual abuse of minors? Does Anna know? Will she stand by him once again? Is he the only Duggar with a broken moral compass?

I can only hope he hasn't targeted his oldest daughter, given his predilection for abusing family members. :mad:
Yes. They all know. They all enable, excuse and ignore. The same reason daddy just told everyone to pray for HIM and not to speak about it. Enable, excuse, ignore. Continue the abuse. The wife knew his past. I would be on HIIIIIIGGGGHHH alert. No, I would be gone. He would never have the chance t hurt my child. But in the event a person stays, you have a DUTY to protect your children and be overly watchful.

I think a little more is needed from this patriarch and matriarch but that is just my opinion.

From Duggar website @ https://www.duggarfamily.com/2021/04/duggar-family-statement-2/

Duggar Family Statement

“We appreciate your continued prayers for our family at this time. The accusations brought against Joshua today are very serious. It is our prayer that the truth, no matter what it is, will come to light, and that this will all be resolved in a timely manner. We love Josh and Anna and continue to pray for their family.”

MOO 1) it would have gone a long way to mention victims in this statement. They wouldn't have to admit guilt by their son but at least acknowledge some support for those impacted by the seemingly epidemic proportions of child sexual abuse. 2) Personally I'm sickened by the way they brought Anna into it with Josh. Like those two are definitely still together. Anna needs to extract herself and her children from this dysfunctional (and alledgedly criminal) situation immediately.

Related: I'm so thankful to all LE who work tirelessly to catch these scumbags. It's got to be a terrible job at times but I'm thankful they don't give up.

MOO

I completely agree. @killarney rose mentioned on this thread that Jill was estranged from the family and I found this article. Jill and her husband did leave. So it can be done. And has been done in this family. I'm rooting for Jill! She even got an attorney to recoup some of the money she was owed from the show from her dad (look like he keeps all the money).

Everything Jill Duggar and Derick Dillard Have Said About Their Estranged Family Relationship - E! Online

ETA - I'm still really worried about his kids. I can only assume that if the images were of his kids, LE would have pulled the kids from the family. One can only hope.

yeah i study religious fundamentalism / cults on the side, true crime and cults seem to be joined interests of many people here. Jill did leave the show, she talked about getting therapy, I mean she is obviously still going through the process of leaving fundamentalism behind but I recall her being discouraged from visiting the house while the sex pest pedophile Josh got support. The Duggars are in a cult, they operate like a cult, I think the older ones Jim Bob and Michelle are complicit in all of this, they protected their son for years. They published an absolutely disgusting statement today.
I worry about the young kids stuck in this situation.

Duggar Family Statement

“Resolved in a timely manner” AKA swept under the rug so we can pretend our family is still perfect and let ol’ Joshie boy out to abuse more innocent kids.

Duggar Family Statement

The truth will come to light!!

oh absolutely. i want to scream. my comment was just trying to give her the benefit of the doubt as she is a submissive woman in a cult but there comes a moment where your love for your kids should prevail. this is all so upsetting to talk about. i hate hate hate how many people would rather stay married out of tradition than protect their kids / themselves. yes they're also in a way victims but obviously children are more vulnerable / have less autonomy.

When it happened the first time, her brother and family also, came out and tried to get Anna to leave him. But the Duggar head of the family, who rules all, got her to stay. Too bad she would have been better off leaving him years ago. I will try and find the article but it’s been many years and I don’t know if it is still on the net. So for no it’s moo.

I know. I completely agree. It’s all so disturbing. Every piece of it is disturbing.

Josh Duggar's dad Jim Bob 'warned his family the arrest was imminent'

This requires more than prayer. Here is an opportunity for this family to do the right thing and tell the world what he did is not something that you pray over but report to the police so the person is removed from society. Jim Bob helps to keep a veil of secrecy on this kind of abuse when he does not speak against it. His children were abused and now his son has been in possession of child *advertiser censored* with abuse of children under 12. When will it be enough to condemn his son and be a model for what happens when your child abuses children or your child is in possession of materials that represent the abuse of other innocent children?

We don't know who turned him in, it could have been a family member. No situation is exempt from being prayed over, and prayer does not exclude reporting immoral and illegal activity to law enforcement.
In my opinion, his wife and children should be protected and supported completely separately from Josh. I think that Anna might find a healthier support system away from Jim Bob's callous disregard for his daughter-in-law and grandchildren's well-being. MOO

I

And it says he says he has never had mental health treatment. So, even by his own admission, it wasnt really treatment for his inexcusable behavior.
Here's a refresher on Josh's previous pedophile behavior and what his parents did didn't do to help him or his sisters.
Josh Duggar Chilling Molestation Confession In New Police Report - In Touch Weekly

And here is the public statement from Josh's sister that she released today regarding the latest indictment:

“We just learned this information. It is very sad,” Jill, 29, wrote in a statement to Entertainment Tonight on Friday, April 30.
Jill Duggar Releases Statement After Brother Josh's Arrest

That kind of sums up the Duggar outlook on life.

When it happened the first time, her brother and family also, came out and tried to get Anna to leave him. But the Duggar head of the family, who rules all, got her to stay. Too bad she would have been better off leaving him years ago. I will try and find the article but it’s been many years and I don’t know if it is still on the net. So for no it’s moo.

Hopefully, this time she will have to choose between her husband and her children. She can stay with him if she likes, IMHO. But she should not have access to her children if she does, in the same way he won't have access to them when he bonds out.

What scares me most is if his wife and father/mother/siblings knew that he had child *advertiser censored* on that computer and continued to let him be in the family. She is recently pregnant and the raid was in 2019 so...........if she or they knew about the files then it is a major indictment of her character and/or the adults in his family's character.

I know the idea that anyone knew may not be correct but how did his father know that he was about to be arrested....someone knew something. Time for Jim Bob and all to come clean.

I say this as a conservative Christian myself. If this was faith based in their cult - Gothardism, he might as well have not went. Gotthard himself is a pervert that preys upon young girls.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-ties-to-the-duggars-sexually-abused-women/
THANK YOU.
I was wondering if a fellow Christian was going to point this out. It does matter.
It truly makes me feel nauseated to read this news about this vulgar man.
Even more, heartbroken for the child(ren) associated with counts #1 and #2.

I know. I completely agree. It’s all so disturbing. Every piece of it is disturbing.

What disturbs me the most, is if DHS had this evidence since November, 2019, and just let it "slide" until now? WTH?!

He has been with children in his home every single day since then...but now that he is formally "charged" it is an issue?!

That is messed up. Just saying .

We don't know who turned him in, it could have been a family member. No situation is exempt from being prayed over, and prayer does not exclude reporting immoral and illegal activity to law enforcement.
In my opinion, his wife and children should be protected and supported completely separately from Josh. I think that Anna might find a healthier support system away from Jim Bob's callous disregard for his daughter-in-law and grandchildren's well-being. MOO
The feds monitor the internet for child *advertiser censored* activity all the time. That’s how he got caught, IMO. They trace the IP address of the person who was involved. Bingo! They’re caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla