IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not giving up on the recent hit and run. Words do not come from a vacuum as my old buddy always says. Just from what I’m recognizing today, I need to go into SA mode. His April 19 statement is key. He mentions wreck twice and that brought me back. I know it may be a long shot. We know he has the red vehicle but in 2017, he had a pickup truck. So he may have a stowaway somewhere.

Here's an enlarged snippet of what is being discussed. Click to enlarge.

View attachment 295241

Okay, that is a sneaker. The heel part where it's cut lower so it doesn't rub the ankle bone, and on the right the taller part that goes up the Achilles tendon in back. The toe is facing left. Before the pandemic I had a pair of pink Nikes that looked exactly like that.

Not sure whether there's a foot in it though.

MOO I believe he got out of SD prison August 2016. Then he possibly worked in Subaru plant on Lafayette for a short while, then was waiting for a welding job with Moon in Kokomo and living homeless - maybe partially with a GF?
And a protection order was started around this time.
Heavy has a lot of his history. I think he was out in SD before that because he had new cases in Indiana?

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

"... He was convicted in Cass County, Indiana for receiving stolen property, a felony, on June 9, 2016. ..
He had an ongoing court case in 2017 for receiving stolen property and probation violation, but no hearings in February 2017. ...his address was given as Kokomo, Indiana. That’s about 34 miles from Delphi. He was sentenced in June 2016. In August 2016, he allegedly violated probation. In November 2016, he was taken to jail and held without bond, but a few days later, the state and probation officer agreed “to an OR release of the defendant from the CCJ.” A hearing was scheduled for April 2017 in the case. ..."

There is so much more at the link - a career criminal IMO. It looks like he was out of jails and prisons in February 2017, and cases in Cass County, Indiana, which is adjacent to Carroll County (Delphi), so he was in the area.

I need more direction maybe in relation to a branch or?
Look at the center of his hat with the right stripe. Follow that branch until it intersects with the other one. It’s right there after that intersection where you first see the green and blue. Her face is right under that first spot of greenery.

So this is really interesting to me. In this article, it says that the two sketches do not depict the same person. It then says that sketch #2 is the person who they think was on the bridge and was captured on Libby's phone. That would mean sketch #1 was not the person on the bridge or on Libby's phone. So who was sketch #1? For two years, they were looking for someone who was not the person on the bridge???

But then in this interview, Carter says that the killer will be a be a mixture of the two sketches. So they have two completely different people (one of whom is no longer a suspect according to the article above) who will ultimately be a combination of the killer? Doesn't it seem strange that Carter believes the killer will ultimately resemble a person who "is not presently a person of interest in this investigation"? It's almost as if they have two different renderings of the same person, but that is not what was communicated in the top post.

And this is why I think that the relationship between the two sketches is ambiguous. Thank you both for sharing the linked information!

There’s been dozens if not hundreds of pages on these threads devoted to discussion about the two sketches. Something we’ve all come to agree upon - sketches are not photographs. They’re only as good as the accuracy of the people involved in helping to create them and at best of times, witness recall is notoriously poor especially when not immediate, as in this case. In regard to the relationship between the two sketches, only LE know who, when and where a man was sighted who might’ve been the person on the bridge.

The reason LE released the sketches was in hopes it might jog a memory leading to a tip to the identity of the killer. However they’ve not given us the rest of the narrative so we just don’t know.

Last edited:
So this is really interesting to me. In this article, it says that the two sketches do not depict the same person. It then says that sketch #2 is the person who they think was on the bridge and was captured on Libby's phone. That would mean sketch #1 was not the person on the bridge or on Libby's phone. So who was sketch #1? For two years, they were looking for someone who was not the person on the bridge???

But then in this interview, Carter says that the killer will be a be a mixture of the two sketches. So they have two completely different people (one of whom is no longer a suspect according to the article above) who will ultimately be a combination of the killer? Doesn't it seem strange that Carter believes the killer will ultimately resemble a person who "is not presently a person of interest in this investigation"? It's almost as if they have two different renderings of the same person, but that is not what was communicated in the top post.

And this is why I think that the relationship between the two sketches is ambiguous. Thank you both for sharing the linked information!

About the two sketches - I think it’s possible that Sketch 1 was drawn from the sketch artist’s perception of BG taken from LG’s cellphone. Basically it appears to be what most of us see when looking at BG.

Sketch 2 could be from what a witness saw that day. Which would likely be a better depiction of what BG actually looks like.

Speculation and MOO.

Is his earlobe mutilation visible in sketches? Or, was the suspect wearing a hat that obscured his ears?

upload_2021-4-30_21-25-26.png

Or was he wearing a cap, per the first sketch, and he has a high collar on his jacket?

Did he have long hair at any time in the 6 months prior to the Delphi murders?

Going from memory, but wasn't the first sketch a composite of descriptions provided by three people who were near the bridge that day? Was the second sketch made right after the crime based on the description of one woman witness?

Questions about Chadwell at this time:
  • Where was he living at the time of the crime ?
  • What was he driving ?
  • What were all the vehicles that he had access too at that time, including work, relatives, and friends ? rsbm
How close to knowing his almost precise position on Monday, FEB 13, 2017 at 2:20pm are we? Can we reasonably place this slop in Delphi?

MOO I believe he got out of SD prison August 2016. Then he possibly worked in Subaru plant on Lafayette for a short while, then was waiting for a welding job with Moon in Kokomo and living homeless - maybe partially with a GF?
And a protection order was started around this time.

We need a timeline of those few months before the girls' were attacked at the bridge on FEB 13 that lists dates he acquired his last vehicle and model, [currently] laid off welder, Subaru?, 2017 work place, 2017 FB contacts, etal. We also need an insider.
edit: formatting

We need a timeline of those last few months before the girls' were attacked at the bridge FEB 13 that lists date he acquired his last vehicle, currently laid off welder, Subaru, 2017 work place, 2017 FB contacts, etal. We also need an insider.

I agree. I'm curious about the six months prior to the murders, especially fishing, bridges, rivers, available vehicles/transportation, where he lived/visited.

I'm also curious whether he attended any youth camps, perhaps while incarcerated.

I can't say for sure, but can give my thoughts.

I do believe the first sketch was the suspect from the phone/bridge.

If you look at the sketch, you notice that the artist used a hat, and also tried to mock the hoodie from the phone image. I believe they thought the second was more accurate, and wanted people to forget the first one, and the only way to do that was to simply say the first one wasn't the suspect.
My opinion.

I can't say for sure, but can give my thoughts.

I do believe the first sketch was the suspect from the phone/bridge.

If you look at the sketch, you notice that the artist used a hat, and also tried to mock the hoodie from the phone image. I believe they thought the second was more accurate, and wanted people to forget the first one, and the only way to do that was to simply say the first one wasn't the suspect.
My opinion.
I think that makes the most sense out of any theory I’ve heard about the multiple sketches.

How could this criminal not find the phone Libby recorded him on or was he so "just out of prison" not to even care or worry about it? Does sound like a criminal who just got out of prison with no cell phone knowledge. They have him on video, voice etc...had to be someone not up on tech stuff. He fits. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288