Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a law preventing her from profiting from like book and movie deals if convicted? I hope so.
There’s not a doubt left in my mind she has already chosen a cast of stars for her movie. I’m thinking Danny Trejo for her. Of course, he’ll have to shave. The twins, Danny Davito and Arnold Schwarzenegger, for Eguardo and Quinn. I’m sure the reason she was a no-show today is because she had a very difficult morning mentally as she is not mentally well...
https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...3/Letter-addressed-to-Judge-Werner-3-8-21.pdf

Not discounting or making light of LS allegations of mental illness whatsoever. However, we do know that she was examined twice before including while an in-patient for a competency evaluation by some of the best in the state who I believe were also in a position to prescribe a treatment plan for her ongoing mental health needs while incarcerated.

Perhaps today would have been best spent staying in her cell with her box of discovery instead of typical LS antics for the record.

MOO

Not discounting or making light of LS allegations of mental illness whatsoever. However, we do know that she was examined twice before including while an in-patient for a competency evaluation by some of the best in the state who I believe were also in a position to prescribe a treatment plan for her ongoing mental health needs while incarcerated.

Perhaps today would have been best spent staying in her cell with her box of discovery instead of typical LS antics for the record.

MOO
If I didn’t despise her so and I do - I would have some pity. Outside that jail pod, she might be the most hated person in that state. I think there are plenty of inmates who have befriended her in there with their own ulterior motives. She can talk a good con and boredom is incarceration’s doom. “Like with Like” gravitate together. She’s probably got a good pool to choose from for an easy mark.

Seriously though, mental illness is no picnic. No one decides one day to be mentally ill. It’s not a choice. To be mentally sound is a choice ~ to ask for and accept help.

This hearing is a doozy, here is the text of tweets from a reporter in the courtroom, @Spencer_WNews

Attorney now saying Al has accumulated $75,000 in attorney fees between the two cases (as a result of Gannon’s death) “We ask the court to take that into consideration.”

Just wondering, how and why did he accumulate so much in attorney fees? He was never charged with any crime.

And if anything, as such a high profile case, I would assume there would be many lawyers offering their services pro bono in case he needed it.

Just wondering, how and why did he accumulate so much in attorney fees? He was never charged with any crime.

And if anything, as such a high profile case, I would assume there would be many lawyers offering their services pro bono in case he needed it.
Thank you for posting your observation. I was wondering the same. o_O

Can the Judge reverse his decision to allow Leticia to represent herself after this display today or is it totally separate?
Separate -- LS was no show for her divorce hearing in civil court -- playing to the camera in the holding room). What she pulled today is no different than what she does at the jail (such as refusing her law library hours).

LS was previously declared competent (twice) to participate in her defense and for her trial to commence.

MOO

Thank you for posting your observation. I was wondering the same. o_O
It would be nice if he had pro Bono representation but that is pretty rare. I can see legal fees adding up pretty quickly.

JMO- Even though he wasn’t charged in the end, imagine if you thought your spouse killed your son but your spouse has not been arrested. I think you would want to consult with a defense attorney and perhaps have one advise you and negotiate on your behalf as you cooperate with LE so as to avoid any charges yourself (endangerment/put child at risk of abuse/neglect; accessory after the fact etc). You might also seek to protect your financial assets and make sure estate is in order.
For example...
$25k criminal defense
$25k divorce/estate/financial assets
$25k custody/cps/child support (remember there was a case months ago with LH)

It would be nice if he had pro Bono representation but that is pretty rare. I can see legal fees adding up pretty quickly.

JMO- Even though he wasn’t charged in the end, imagine if you thought your spouse killed your son but your spouse has not been arrested. I think you would want to consult with a defense attorney and perhaps have one advise you and negotiate on your behalf as you cooperate with LE so as to avoid any charges yourself (endangerment/put child at risk of abuse/neglect; accessory after the fact etc). You might also seek to protect your financial assets and make sure estate is in order.
For example...
$25k criminal defense
$25k divorce/estate/financial assets
$25k custody/cps/child support (remember there was a case months ago with LH)
I'm with you on nominal divorce fees and the other alleged legal fees probably best not to discuss. Also, I'm told by other enlisted guardsmen that he would have some Military provided legal guidance on matters such as divorce, custody, taxes, wills, etc... MOO

ETA: Colorado is not a community property state -- an equitable distrib of assets but not debt. Debt is by a fair distrib -- in divorce.
By all accounts - the LS/AS were renters -- did not have much in assets except vehicles-- apparently.

What Does Equitable Distribution Mean in Colorado | Shapiro Family Law.

Last edited:
She’s in a wheelchair now? Beyond ridiculous! Her antics, with invisible people and imaginary butterflies, are completely wasted on this or any other judge. If she was even half as smart as she claims to be, she’d knock off the crazy. No one is buying it.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-...her-speaks-following-final-divorce-proceeding

4/30/21

Al tells News5 the two have been divorced since September of 2020, and the final hearing on Friday, April 30, was to address the split of assets. "Just the fact that I don't have to think about this anymore, that it's done, is a huge weight lifted," said Al Stauch after the hearing.

Before the hearing began, individuals in the courtroom said Letecia had refused to come in person to the hearing. There were no available booths for her to join virtually either, as those were scheduled for other inmates at the time. A clerk also asked Al if Letecia is physically disabled, and he said no. However, the clerk told him she had been seen in a wheelchair.

When Judge David Miller entered the courtroom, he began by addressing Letecia's mental competency. She has had two competency evaluations completed in her criminal case, one of which Judge Miller called the "most thorough" he's ever seen.

The reports showed no significant symptoms of mental illness. He said he reviewed the evaluations to see if his impression of her "theatrical performance" was corroborated by the reports.

Judge Miller described the behavior he observed from Letecia, saying it was like no other "detachment from reality" he has ever seen. He mentioned a time when she was in an empty room, but said it was full of people. Judge Miller also claimed he watched her chasing what seemed to be invisible butterflies. He compared her actions to The Three Stooges. The judge believes she was "feigning mental illness," and decided that if she is competent to proceed in her criminal case, she is competent to proceed in this civil case. "We'll press on," said Judge Miller.

Can the Judge reverse his decision to allow Leticia to represent herself after this display today or is it totally separate?

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-...her-speaks-following-final-divorce-proceeding

4/30/21

Al tells News5 the two have been divorced since September of 2020, and the final hearing on Friday, April 30, was to address the split of assets. "Just the fact that I don't have to think about this anymore, that it's done, is a huge weight lifted," said Al Stauch after the hearing.

Before the hearing began, individuals in the courtroom said Letecia had refused to come in person to the hearing. There were no available booths for her to join virtually either, as those were scheduled for other inmates at the time. A clerk also asked Al if Letecia is physically disabled, and he said no. However, the clerk told him she had been seen in a wheelchair.

When Judge David Miller entered the courtroom, he began by addressing Letecia's mental competency. She has had two competency evaluations completed in her criminal case, one of which Judge Miller called the "most thorough" he's ever seen.

The reports showed no significant symptoms of mental illness. He said he reviewed the evaluations to see if his impression of her "theatrical performance" was corroborated by the reports.

Judge Miller described the behavior he observed from Letecia, saying it was like no other "detachment from reality" he has ever seen. He mentioned a time when she was in an empty room, but said it was full of people. Judge Miller also claimed he watched her chasing what seemed to be invisible butterflies. He compared her actions to The Three Stooges. The judge believes she was "feigning mental illness," and decided that if she is competent to proceed in her criminal case, she is competent to proceed in this civil case. "We'll press on," said Judge Miller.

KOAA News5@KOAA

During the hearing, Al Stauch's attorney said Letecia believes she will be exonerated, and has a book deal waiting. Letecia has also apparently said she plans to file a civil suit if released.

"Justice is coming:" Gannon Stauch's father speaks following final divorce proceeding
Letecia Stauch chose not to attend the final court proceeding regarding her divorce from Gannon's father, Al Stauch.
koaa.com

4:30 PM · Apr 30, 2021·

Just to be clear, I liked your post because I’m thankful to you for sharing. Do not like the content, this sad excuse for a woman is disgusting! I hope she never profits from this in any way, shape or form!

I do really appreciate all you put into this thread and others! I ❤️ You Seattle!

edited for spelling and clarification

Just to be clear, I liked your post because I’m thankful to you for sharing. Do not like the content, this sad excuse for a woman is disgusting! I hope she never profits from this in any way, shape or form!

I do really appreciate all you put into this thread and others! I ❤️ You Seattle!

edited for spelling and clarification
Blushing...:oops:

Update on docket!!

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
5/5/21
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON STAUCH, LETECIA Appearance of Counsel D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/5/21
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON STAUCH, LETECIA Appearance of Counsel D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/20/21
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Preliminary Hearing D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/20/21
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Preliminary Hearing D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/21/21
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Preliminary Hearing D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/21/21
9:00 AM 1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Preliminary Hearing D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Update on docket!!

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
5/5/21
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON STAUCH, LETECIA Appearance of Counsel D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/5/21
3:00 PM 1Hr IN PERSON STAUCH, LETECIA Appearance of Counsel D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

5/20/21

5/20/21

5/21/21

5/21/21

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Hm. Anyone know what that means?

Hm. Anyone know what that means?

I hope that I understand your question correctly @Pianoturtle, and will attempt to respond to what the updated docket provided by @Niner means:

The Docket Report is essentially the court calendar for the case.

Based on the updated entries for May 2021 -- it appears that the court has scheduled what most of us on WS live for -- THE PRELIMINARY HEARING!!

The court is allowing two days for the Preliminary Hearing on May 20 and 21 -- beginning at 9 AM.

The following is an outline of the typical criminal case process in Colorado, and how we got to step 5 --the Preliminary Hearing:

The Process:

1. Arrest:
An officer may arrest a person when probable cause exists to believe he/she committed the offense. A police officer does not need a warrant to arrest someone he believes committed a crime.

2. 1st advisement:
This is the first time the accused is brought into court. During this hearing,
the judge will advise the accused that they are under “investigation”. This means the District Attorney has not filed charges yet. The Judge will advise the accused what crime they are being investigated for committing. Bond will be set on all cases except those involving investigations for homicides.

3. 2nd advisement:
During this hearing, the judge will advise the accused what crime or crimes
they have been charged with committing. The judge may also hear arguments to reduce bond.

4. Bond Hearing:
A hearing in which the accused may ask the court to reduce the set amount
of bond. Bond is an amount of money which is required to get out of jail while resolution of the criminal case. The posting of bond does not mean the case is over. You cannot pay to have a criminal case dismissed or thrown out. If the accused does not come to court after posting bond, the accused will be arrested.

5. Preliminary Hearing:
At this hearing, the District Attorney will be required to present sufficient
evidence to prove that it is more likely than not that the accused committed the crime or crimes he/she is charged with committing. The District Attorney is not required to put on all of their evidence or even the testimony of the victim. The court will allow statements of witnesses to come into evidence through a detective or other police officer. The accused will not testify. With few exceptions, only persons charged with a class 1, 2, or 3 felony or who are in jail on a class 4,5, or 6 are entitled to this hearing. Any person may waive their right to a preliminary hearing. Waiving the hearing is not unusual and is done to keep open a plea
bargain. By waiving a preliminary hearing, the accused does not waive any other of his/her rights.

https://www.coloradodefenders.us/wp...e-to-the-colorado-criminal-justice-system.pdf

I hope that I understand your question correctly @Pianoturtle, and will attempt to respond to what the updated docket provided by @Niner means:

The Docket Report is essentially the court calendar for the case.

Based on the updated entries for May 2021 -- it appears that the court has scheduled what most of us on WS live for -- THE PRELIMINARY HEARING!!

The court is allowing two days for the Preliminary Hearing on May 20 and 21 -- beginning at 9 AM.

The following is an outline of the typical criminal case process in Colorado, and how we got to step 5 --the Preliminary Hearing:

The Process:

1. Arrest:
An officer may arrest a person when probable cause exists to believe he/she committed the offense. A police officer does not need a warrant to arrest someone he believes committed a crime.

2. 1st advisement:
This is the first time the accused is brought into court. During this hearing,
the judge will advise the accused that they are under “investigation”. This means the District Attorney has not filed charges yet. The Judge will advise the accused what crime they are being investigated for committing. Bond will be set on all cases except those involving investigations for homicides.

3. 2nd advisement:
During this hearing, the judge will advise the accused what crime or crimes
they have been charged with committing. The judge may also hear arguments to reduce bond.

4. Bond Hearing:
A hearing in which the accused may ask the court to reduce the set amount
of bond. Bond is an amount of money which is required to get out of jail while resolution of the criminal case. The posting of bond does not mean the case is over. You cannot pay to have a criminal case dismissed or thrown out. If the accused does not come to court after posting bond, the accused will be arrested.

5. Preliminary Hearing:
At this hearing, the District Attorney will be required to present sufficient
evidence to prove that it is more likely than not that the accused committed the crime or crimes he/she is charged with committing. The District Attorney is not required to put on all of their evidence or even the testimony of the victim. The court will allow statements of witnesses to come into evidence through a detective or other police officer. The accused will not testify. With few exceptions, only persons charged with a class 1, 2, or 3 felony or who are in jail on a class 4,5, or 6 are entitled to this hearing. Any person may waive their right to a preliminary hearing. Waiving the hearing is not unusual and is done to keep open a plea
bargain. By waiving a preliminary hearing, the accused does not waive any other of his/her rights.

https://www.coloradodefenders.us/wp...e-to-the-colorado-criminal-justice-system.pdf

Thanks. I should’ve been more clear. I’m wondering what the new court date for “appearance of counsel” means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021