IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via @Medstudies from Thread 1 (I will also bring over another PO out of Miami County, Indiana):

c6a36593-e395-4191-adb8-3cb62669dfac-png.293843

Protective Orders and No Contact Orders
In the Tippecanoe County Superior Court 5, Tippecanoe County, Indiana
Case No. 79D05-2007-PO-000348
Order issued on: 7/22/2020
Respondent successfully served on: 8/5/2020

A Protective Order has been filed against James B. Chadwell
Born 1979

source:
mycourts.in.gov
public.courts.IN.gov

Last edited:
He is so obsessed with love, that it wouldn't surprise me if he did kill the day after valentine's. It seems that A LOT of woman leave him, and rightfully so! I am wondering if maybe someone let him down, and he took it out on those poor girls the next day. Also, when did his mom/grandma die?

I don't know when his Mom died, but the tat on his arm of a female does favor his Mom. I saw a pic of her on his FB but can't seem to find it now.

ETA: At least I believe he will say that the tat is of his Mom, but we all know what a liar he is.

MOO

Last edited:
Does anyone think that he is going to claim that he did not allow the police to search his house without a warrant?

Also, why in the world would he allow police to search his house...did he think they were going to peek around in his living room and leave?
When you’re on probation/parole you are subject to searches at any time by LE.

With this guy's prison time, it wouldn't surprise me that he knows how to sabotage a DNA test.

Before an inmate gets out of prison, a blood DNA sample is taken at least 6 months before release. It is a law in the state of Louisiana. As a Booking and Classification Lt., I taught DNA blood collection as well as administered the testing to submit to the Louisiana State Police Lab. What is done is a simple pricking of the finger of the inmate and blood droplets are dropped onto a very absorbent card with 4 boxes. Each box has to be filled with the droplets. You allow the card to completely dry, then it is placed into a special envelope and sealed with red evidence tape. You initial halfway onto the evidence tape and the envelope so as to show if the envelope has been tampered with before it reaches the lab to be put into Codis. Blood DNA collection cannot be sabotaged, IMO.

The sad thing about it is that too many state labs are way behind entering it into Codis.

MOO

My armchair psychologist opinion, based primarily on his FB posts, is that playing the victim card is generally his go-to move, as opposed to showing even a modicum of accountability. It stands to reason that he’d much rather blame his “issues” on something psychological and therefore (supposedly) out of his control rather than just admitting that he’s a *** who can’t control his sadistic urges.
Yes exactly. He rings a bit familiar to me in that I've known someone always the victim, never responsible for their actions like him. Pretty pathetic.

Here's an enlarged snippet of what is being discussed. Click to enlarge.

View attachment 295241

To me it looks like the lower portion of an arm protruding from a striped top. To the left of that arm it looks like the lower portion of a man's arm with a tatt protruding from a black sleeve. Two people holding hands but the hands not shown?

Have been ill and am trying to catch up. Have any former girlfriends etc. come forward yet to give some insight?

Not that I’ve seen. He did have a protective order against him in Iowa, dating back to 2011, but it’s short on details and not easy to directly link here (see below). It looks like it was ultimately dismissed at the end of January, 2017, which definitely piques my Spidey senses.

You can search for him here: https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us

Click on Search for Case, then Case Search under Trial Court. Select the second 2017 case, then click on filings to see the rest of the dates.

Why did he turn Downtown Lafayette upside down on it’s head. He inverts the photo for a reason. April 3, 2021
upload_2021-5-1_10-2-38.jpeg
Brian Chadwell
Eta:
https://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-parish/lafayette-church-hosting-community-day-event-april-3rd

Lift City Church community day organizer Derrick Lionel says all are welcome.

“We’re having vendors, food vendors, clothing vendors,” he said.

Lionel says volunteers are prepared to giveaway a large amount of gifts.

“We are giving away over 700 Easter baskets to the kids. Utilities are being paid, air fryers, target and Walmart gift cards. There is so much we’re giving to the community just to get people to show up and get engaged,” said Lionel.
Lafayette church hosts community day and vaccination drive April 3 | KLFY

Lehigh Mountain Hawks @ Lafayette Leopards | April 3, 2021 | NCAAF | Football
The Rivalry (Lafayette–Lehigh) - Wikipedia
*I’ll just bet my two cents that the recorded voice he has on Facebook saying “oh, c’mon Indiana, you can do better that” -paraphrasing is on April 3

Last edited:
Going from memory, but wasn't the first sketch a composite of descriptions provided by three people who were near the bridge that day? Was the second sketch made right after the crime based on the description of one woman witness?

The first sketch and description of a suspect was released five months into the investigation.
It was created from information received from witnesses who were in the area at the time the girls went missing.
The suspect was described as a white man between 5-feet 6-inches tall and 5-feet 10-inches tall, weighing 180 to 220 pounds with reddish-brown hair and an unknown eye color.
Detectives said the man’s hat was changed to make his facial features more recognizable.

The second sketch was released at the April 22, 2019 presser.
It appears to be of an entirely different person and was believed to be the main person of interest.
Along with the new sketch, LE also updated their description of the suspect to be a man between 18 and 40 years old, who could appear much younger than he actually is.
The sketches were composed from witness accounts of two separate individuals who were in the area on the day of the murders. LE later revealed that the second sketch, released more than two years after the girls were killed, was actually the first sketch they had drawn up.
They now believe that the second sketch is a more accurate depiction of the suspect, although the actual suspect may likely be a mix between both sketches.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/delphi/the-delphi-murders-four-years-later-and-still-no-arrests

The bodycams on the police would have recorded his voice and the video of him saying they could look around.

I'm thinking that their bodycams were turned on, especially during a situation like that.

Eta: Especially if/when they heard he had priors from dispatch. I did not hear that this came over the scanner.
They would have given that information over a closed channel, used specifically for things like that. If they did in fact run him at all. It’s also entirely possible they were just aware of his history, especially given that he’s assaulted a police officer or corrections officer. There are often “premise hazards” or “officer safety hazards” attached to addresses.
Edited to add: officer safety hazards are rarely read out over the radio where I’m at. The officers are just told to check their call notes for further.
One more edit: there were four officers checking his house, from the scanner traffic. I highly suspect there was just a note attached to his address that he is known to be violent with police.

Last edited:
Why did he turn Downtown Lafayette upside down on it’s head. He inverts the photo for a reason. April 3, 2021
View attachment 295314
Brian Chadwell
Eta:
https://www.katc.com/news/lafayette-parish/lafayette-church-hosting-community-day-event-april-3rd

Lift City Church community day organizer Derrick Lionel says all are welcome.

“We’re having vendors, food vendors, clothing vendors,” he said.

Lionel says volunteers are prepared to giveaway a large amount of gifts.

“We are giving away over 700 Easter baskets to the kids. Utilities are being paid, air fryers, target and Walmart gift cards. There is so much we’re giving to the community just to get people to show up and get engaged,” said Lionel.
Lafayette church hosts community day and vaccination drive April 3 | KLFY

Lehigh Mountain Hawks @ Lafayette Leopards | April 3, 2021 | NCAAF | Football
The Rivalry (Lafayette–Lehigh) - Wikipedia
*I’ll just bet my two cents that the recorded voice he has on Facebook saying “oh, c’mon Indiana, you can do better that” -paraphrasing is on April 3

The upside photo is of the Tippercanoe County Courthouse in Lafayette, Indiana.

the college is in his Facebook... so- a lie? a wish? a drop out? welding might just be a better salary than some other jobs

Here are my thoughts on college: JBC was born in 1979, and likely would have been 18 when/if he graduated from high school, so that's 1997. If he completed a 4 year Bachelor's degree in a timely manner, he would have graduated from college in 2001.

HOWEVER, we know that by 2002, he was in prison in South Dakota for an assault that occurred in that state, in Pennington County, in 2000. I think we can conclude he did not graduate with a BA or BS from Lincoln Memorial University because at the very least, he was incarcerated partway through his theoretical time there, and in a different state, no less. (per links and court records listed on the media thread) And that's if that assault in SD was his first brush with the law that led to incarceration.

IMO, he listed a school that was nearby to where he grew up in a weird, poser move. Maybe a lot of his high school classmates went there, or siblings, or some multi-degree-of-separation connection like that, but he himself strikes me as a guy who was always more interested in the trades than academics.

[Lincoln Memorial University does have a handful of Associates degrees, typically completed in ~2 years...but I don't know if I can see JBC studying something like nursing, vet med tech, vet health science, or business administration at a private liberal arts school that, in my experience with other private liberal arts schools, would likely be more expensive and academically competitive than studying those courses at a community college or other skilled trade degree program. All MOO.]

They would have given that information over a closed channel, used specifically for things like that. If they did in fact run him at all. It’s also entirely possible they were just aware of his history, especially given that he’s assaulted a police officer or corrections officer. There are often “premise hazards” or “officer safety hazards” attached to addresses.
Edited to add: officer safety hazards are rarely read out over the radio where I’m at. The officers are just told to check their call notes for further.
One more edit: there were four officers checking his house, from the scanner traffic. I highly suspect there was just a note attached to his address that he is known to be violent with police.

Thank you for this information @electricuncalm !

Greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member