UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would there need to be a weapon? Would punch, kick, stomp be classified as blunt force trauma?
I've wondered the same thing but police are searching the fields for something important to the investigation, might not be a weapon though.

I've also wondered if a metal chain dog leash could be classed as blunt force trauma too, but although it would cause horrible injuries I'm not sure that would kill. I am a bit stumped as to why it wasn't immediately apparent that it was murder.

I've wondered the same thing but police are searching the fields for something important to the investigation, might not be a weapon though.

I've also wondered if a metal chain dog leash could be classed as blunt force trauma too, but although it would cause horrible injuries I'm not sure that would kill. I am a bit stumped as to why it wasn't immediately apparent that it was murder.

Could they have considered the possibility she had fallen hitting her head and only later apparent it was more than one impact?

Could they have considered the possibility she had fallen hitting her head and only later apparent it was more than one impact?
I think it would have been apparent as soon as they examined her, unless they didn't examine her until the post mortem. Perhaps some skull injuries under her hair? (speculation)

But what if there wasn't a rock or fence post out of its hole or something that could be used as a weapon close by?
There's no guarantee a remote country lane will have these things, and if they do, whether you'll quickly have access to them.
No point seeing someone you want to kill and searching frantically around or breaking a fence down.

That's what makes me think the weapon was already on the murderer. I think he/she took it to the scene and lay in wait.

Was this perpertrator in nearby Ashford ever caught.
23-year-old woman was assaulted as she walked her dog along a footpath near Singleton Lake, Ashford, on 2 August.

A 47-year-old woman was attacked on land off Britannia Lane last September and a 17-year-old girl was assaulted in woods near Bucksford Lane in June 2012.

Kent Police have released an e-fit image of a suspect.

Police hunt Ashford 'serial sex attack suspect'

I imagine that blunt force trauma does not necessarily involve visible wounding (blunt) or bleeding, and any signs of blows to the head may not have been easily visible beneath hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister lived in Snowdown years ago. It is a very small village with only about 50 houses and a population of less than 250, everyone tends to know everyone else. If anyone from there is responsible the locals will know.

It is literally down the road from Aylesham which, I believe, is the largest village in England. There have been lots of new houses built in the last 10 years or so and at least 5000 people live there, probably more. There is also an industrial estate with lorries coming and going along the main road so it is not as isolated as it appears.

It’s not the biggest village in England.
The one I grew up on is bigger than that.
I just googled it and it seems ones with pop of around 15k are biggest.

My sister lived in Snowdown years ago. It is a very small village with only about 50 houses and a population of less than 250, everyone tends to know everyone else. If anyone from there is responsible the locals will know.

It is literally down the road from Aylesham which, I believe, is the largest village in England. There have been lots of new houses built in the last 10 years or so and at least 5000 people live there, probably more. There is also an industrial estate with lorries coming and going along the main road so it is not as isolated as it appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong