Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anna Duggar looks perfectly healthy to me. Two weeks of training, she could be a Certified Nurse Assistant. Perfect job for a devout Christian woman. Her children could attend school while she works, or maybe her Mother in Law could watch her kids.

Pregnancy is not physically incapacitating for most women. Seems like she could get a job if her husband or his family can't support her.

I don't understand people who would rather take charity than work.

Someone may LOOK perfectly healthy on the outside, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are physically, or mentally healthy enough for full-time employment, IMO.

I hope that Anna and her children get the support they need, and know that Josh's actions were not theirs, and should not define them.
JMO.

OT. Sex trafficking children to western men is a big problem all over South Asia due to the juxtaposition of extreme poverty to western tourism wealth.
I live in a small, remote, fishing village in Bali so I don’t see it but I know it’s in our cities.
It’s still hidden in Bali’s cities unlike places like Bangkok and Manila where you can’t walk down the street without seeing it, it’s in your face.
The old western grandpa looking dude with a legal 18 year old Asian wife is everywhere though, even in my little remote village.
I lived and worked in BKK for quite a few years. It is not obvious in BKK and has not been for a decade. It is more likely to happen in villages there, with pervs offering money for stuff with their minor children contacted on the Internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think pregnant with six children is a good reason. I am not American. We do not see supporting women like Anna, as charity. It is the safety net that allows exploited people like her to escape their situation and allow them to live their lives out of danger.
Yes!! Regardless of the choices made by their parents, children should always have food, clothing & shelter.

I'm not twisted up about Josh, Anna, & kids living in the family warehouse. For the kids sake, I'm happy they have a home. Many don't have even that, and frankly it does look nicely designed and decorated. Not like they are living in the midst of oil, grease, and car parts.

The part I'm conflicted about is the potential situation this puts Anna in. As I understand it, Josh doesn't have a job and likely due to his previous molestation charges and now the current charges- will have difficulty getting one in the future- outside of something provided by the family. Anna could always leave and take the children, there are resources available to her outside of her own family or friends. She could stand on her own if she choose too, even with seven kids. But I can totally see how it might be difficult for her to see past her current life situation to a new future. Maybe it's just what I see portrayed on TV and in the media. But it seems like the whole family is secular and very insulated. You don't see a lot of interaction with the outside world, but that may just be as I said, a feature of public personas and publicity stunts to keep the show going?

The idea of Family was God's masterplan, designed to among other things (I won't detail my finer religious beliefs), protect and raise children into successful adults-perpetuating a beautiful generational cycle. Not keep women in total submission and under the control of men.

I've wondered if Josh himself was abused as a child. But realize that's not necessarily part of a predator's make-up. If you are raised in a culture where women are considered subservient to their husbands, must be available to them at all times sexually (Michelle's blog post), produce children non-stop, never putting their own needs on the list of importance. It's not to much of a stretch to see how that could get twisted into a perverted mindset. Or maybe it's more simple than that, he's just evil and doesn't resist perverted urges. His siblings don't seem to suffer from the same issues, so there's that.

Sorry for the long overly personal post, I strayed a bit in this one.
They are NOT secular by any stretch

Very good questions. He's got a big family to support - is his wife clipping coupons and making meals stretch while he spends money on pictures of kids being abused?

jmo

When Josh, Anna, and their kids lived in DC for a few years, the film crew showed Anna making him homemade lunches to take to work to save money. It was a big thing; saving money and being frugal is a Duggar thing.

What did he do with the money saved by those homemade lunches? Spent it on Ashley Madison, paying to have s*x with *advertiser censored* stars, and quite possibly on child sexual abuse materials.

Anna Duggar looks perfectly healthy to me. Two weeks of training, she could be a Certified Nurse Assistant. Perfect job for a devout Christian woman. Her children could attend school while she works, or maybe her Mother in Law could watch her kids.

Pregnancy is not physically incapacitating for most women. Seems like she could get a job if her husband or his family can't support her.

I don't understand people who would rather take charity than work.

I'm not sure what I am allowed to say about Anna on here, but none of that will happen. She is pregnant with her 7th child during a global pandemic, under an enormous amount of public scrutiny, and has been taught her whole life that woman should NEVER work outside of the house. The Duggars also don't believe in sending their kids to school, public or otherwise, and they would rather stay in bad situations to ensure that that doesn't have to happen.

Anna’s face looks very different from a few years ago. It’s not a pregnancy glow. I know make up does a lot…maybe a nose thinning. She looks very pretty.

Not knowing what will happen to the accused, but if he goes to trial and prison, Anna mat decide to go back to her family with the kids. I would hope. I would not want to live in a warehouse…someone back on a previous page said no windows? If true then it would be a fire hazard as I think bedrooms had to have an escape window. Maybe their state is different with fire laws.

How long of a prison sentence is he looking at if convicted?
If Duggar is convicted, each charge could carry as much as 20 years in prison and $250,000 in fines, the U.S. Attorney’s Office said in a statement.
Josh Duggar From ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Charged With Child *advertiser censored* Possession

They are saying up to 20 years but as is often the case, what he could get and the reality of what people usually get are very different.
If he is convicted only of possession, with no prior sex offense conviction, there is no mandatory minimum and the average sentence is 55 months, “average” meaning it could be almost anything.
The average sentence for child *advertiser censored* offenders who faced a ten-year mandatory minimum penalty because of a prior sex offense conviction (136 months) was substantially longer than the average sentence for those offenders who were convicted of a possession offense (without a prior sex offense), which does not carry a mandatory minimum penalty
The average sentence is longer for “receipt” which has a 5 year mandatory minimum.
BBM
Although Commission analysis has demonstrated that there is little meaningful distinction between the conduct involved in receipt and possession offenses, the average sentence for offenders convicted of a receipt offense, which carries a five- year mandatory minimum penalty, is substantially longer than the average sentence for offenders convicted of a possession offense, which carries no mandatory minimum penalty.
In fiscal year 2016, the average sentence for receipt offenders (without a prior sex offense conviction) was two and a half years longer (85 months) than the average sentence length for possession offenders (without a prior sex offense conviction) (55 months).
Mandatory Minimum Penalties for sex offenses in the federal Criminal Justice System

[edited to delete name TOS] hiding his first child sex offenses from the law really paid off in lowering his sentence this time.

Last edited:
Home schooled. (Not that there's anything wrong with that, but)
The degree from an online Christian college program.

Accredited?

It was not from an accredited program. There's absolutely nothing wrong with online Christian colleges as long as they are an accredited program but hers was not.

Speaking as an elementary education major, it would be incredibly difficult and unrealistic for her to try to be a classroom teacher as a super religious, functionally single mother of soon to be 7 kids.

Also, since she only has an associate's (and it's not from an accredited program) she would be very limited in what she could do in an ECE classroom.

I wonder if having the warehouse occupied affects the ta
I feel certain it isn’t free. Just like the Ashley Madison site he belonged to wasn’t free. If he used a credit card or Pay Pal or some other method that would be traceable and I hope that was part of the investigation.

Pre - paid debit/credit cards can be purchased in various denominations and assigned a fictitious name and address of the users choosing - much harder to trace.

Like her or not, the wife is a victim in this case and we're not here to belittle her.

jmo

Genuinely not trying to be snarky, but I don't think anyone is trying to belittle her by pointing out facts about her degree.

From the viewpoint of somebody in that field I think it is worth discussing what she can and can't do with it.

When it happened the first time, her brother and family also, came out and tried to get Anna to leave him. But the Duggar head of the family, who rules all, got her to stay. Too bad she would have been better off leaving him years ago. I will try and find the article but it’s been many years and I don’t know if it is still on the net. So for no it’s moo.

i remember. I am glad that she had that support and I hope she continues to have more support then that should she decide to leave that quiverful of BS.

Her brother was still very patriarchal and set upon rescuing her- even going public in a way that put her decisions in the worst light- He was nearly begging strangers to judge her negatively- shame her into his big, kind male arms. She had not been the cheating who screwed and allegedly assaulted away his own kids' grocery money.

Anna has to protect her children- that is the law, criminal, civil and ethical law. How she goes about it is up to her.

As for Josh, I'll bet there is more sq. ft. per person and more natural light in his new housing.

I feel for all of Josh's victims and the maltreatment they have endured, and I hope not one them blames themselves for his behaviors in his past 20 years or so. I wish them all healing (not starting with coerced forgiving). I wish them professional help that does not include a review of the "proper" garments and doorlocks and absurd claims that they should be thankful for being brought closer to God. Lord knows that *advertiser censored* don't work. Pun intended. Moo, moo.

BBM. Respectfully, I am sure that a small percentage of child abuse material is disseminated that way, the majority of it is creeps like JD, who have no intention of joining a foreign terrorist group.
Allocating the blame to foreigners is minimising responsibilty IMO.

The reason Homeland Security is involved in catching those involved in any aspect of CSE in the US relates not only to the domestic Federal criminal codes, but because the mission now is to analyze the files for other messages related to any number of terrorist cells.
Usually, this, if present, will be embedded.

I have done my research on this, and posted about the process of tracing the origin of CSE images early in this thread because I wanted to know specifically WHY Homeland Security was the agency prosecuting CSE users and all those involved instead of the FBI and the above is the answer.
I can provide links for those who do not understand that one evil ( a CSE file) can corrupt in more than one way.

Like minded people who want to view CSE files have to find an established email group and get on the list. Now I've said the thing I didn't want to say. Sickos sharing with sickos. Because it's illegal to make, own, download, or share, there is no cost that I can find anywhere on the legitimate WWW research.

If people want to look on the bad part of the web and find a charge fee, that's up to them but is that really the point anyway? Children's lives destroyed for sickos.

Last edited:
The reason Homeland Security is involved in catching those involved in any aspect of CSE in the US relates not only to the domestic Federal criminal codes, but because the mission now is to analyze the files for other messages related to any number of terrorist cells.
Usually, this, if present, will be embedded.

I have done my research on this, and posted about the process of tracing the origin of CSE images early in this thread because I wanted to know specifically WHY Homeland Security was the agency prosecuting CSE users and all those involved instead of the FBI and the above is the answer.
I can provide links for those who do not understand that one evil ( a CSE file) can corrupt in more than one way.

Like minded people who want to view CSE files have to find an established email group and get on the list. Now I've said the thing I didn't want to say. Sickos sharing with sickos. Because it's illegal to make, own, download, or share, there is no cost that I can find anywhere on the legitimate WWW research.

If people want to look on the bad part of the web and find a charge fee, that's up to them but is that really the point anyway? Children's lives destroyed for sickos.
Again to me, you are blaming foreign sites for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie