CA CA - San Diego, Wht/Hisp Male, 15-20, Found on Beach, 16 July 1984 *GRAPHIC PIC*

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
Original

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP59974
ME/C Case Number 84-1283

Male, Race / EthnicityWhite / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years) 15-20
Estimated Year of Death 1984

Height 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight 105 lbs, Measured

Brown Hair
Unknown Eye Color

Clothing
The decedent was wearing off-white or light beige corduroy shorts with two front pockets and one rear pocket, and white undershorts.

Date Body Found July 16, 1984

Circumstances
Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found July 16, 1984
NamUs Case Created September 11, 2019

Location Found Map
General Location: Border Field State Park, approx. 1/2 mi. N. of International Border San Diego, California 92154
San Diego County

Circumstances of Recovery
The decedent was found on the beach.
Details of Recovery

Condition of Remains:
Recognizable face

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

He looks like a small boy, closer to 12-14 then 20 and he was only 5'2. and 105 lbs. I'm surprised that I never heard of this case before. Most likely he was an illegal alien from Mexico, that's why he 's still unidentified.

He looks like a small boy, closer to 12-14 then 20 and he was only 5'2. and 105 lbs. I'm surprised that I never heard of this case before. Most likely he was an illegal alien from Mexico, that's why he 's still unidentified.

I agree he looks very young and small. The case was just added to NAMUS on Sept 11, 2019. Other websites don't seem to have it yet. Perhaps it's a cold case that San Diego had in their records all this time and just now uploaded? I hope that they can identify him after all these years. This poor child deserves to have his name back.
MOO.

I agree he looks very young and small. The case was just added to NAMUS on Sept 11, 2019. Other websites don't seem to have it yet. Perhaps it's a cold case that San Diego had in their records all this time and just now uploaded? I hope that they can identify him after all these years. This poor child deserves to have his name back.
MOO.

I noticed. Was about to post it here but you beat me to it.

Alot of San Diego cases on namus lately so I believe you are correct.

This is horrible. He is so beautiful. Was this a homicide or just a tragic ocean accident? Do we know?

We don't know. His cause of death is not in the NAMUS profile. I agree it's a tragic case. He seems on the young side of the age range to me-- I even looked at cases as young as 12 trying to match him up to missing kids but none seem close to me. I hope he get a reconstruction sketch that can be shared in more places. His morgue photo is so heartbreaking to see. Someone must be missing this child. :( MOO.

Man, I hear of all these cases of 12 to 16, 20 to 35, 40 to 65 years of age. I wonder when the technology we work on will be able to get these age gaps significantly closer. I think it would help us out so much with identification.
It can't be too far off. Right?

Armando certainly seems possible. He's the right are range, and a young teen boy could easily grow a few inches and put on 10+ pounds in a year.

Armando's size when last seen could have been an incorrect estimate too.

so i have been to playas del tijuana and right to where the fence crosses the beach and goes out into the water. is it possible he tried to swim out far to pass by the fence?

I was reminded of this thread, and the possibility of Armando, when the recent reports of people drowning when the ship they were in while trying to enter the US capsized near San Diego.

San Diego John Doe (1984) | Unidentified Wiki | Fandom

Discovered
July 16, 1984
Unidentified for
37 years
Sex
Male
Race
White/Hispanic
Height
5'2
Weight