Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the multiple houses.

long, long ago I worked in mortgage processing. How long ago? This was a savings&loan, and then under the Resolution Trust Corporation. Yup.

If Jim-Bob is listed as the owner of these houses, there would have to be non-owner occupied loans and non-owner-occupied insurance. Jim-Bob cannot have more than one primary residence.

A vacation home is different. A three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath in a subdivision is not a vacation home.

(Plenty of nice vacation homes in NWArk, oh yeah.)

Jim-Bob has plenty of adults to list on paperwork, saves him mortgage interest and homeowner's insurance.

Distasteful but probably not illegal.

I expect financial oversight agencies are reviewing his transactions. I hope so....

jmho ymmv lrr lrr lrr lrr 19 times

I hear you. At 67 years of age, following true crime for about 40 years, I've come to the conclusion that there really are sick, demented people, no matter how they were born and raised. The awful part to me, is that they can look and act normal, while living an abhorrent
Life of evil.
These are the truly evil. You just don't see it coming.

I always find it fascinating to try to figure out in a family, raised as strictly as Josh Duggar appeared to be, why did he turn out to be a "Bad Seed"? It seems like his siblings are all living normal lives. His brother, John David, did not molest his siblings, go crazy with internet dating, seeking strippers, and getting in trouble with Department of Homeland Security.

What made Josh stray from the path?

If you hear about any of the Duggar kids buying or selling any property, there is a 99% chance it's actually Jim Bob's doing. That was definitely some property Jim Bob bought and had flipped.

Jim Bob has bought an insane amount of property in Northwest Arkansas and does a large chunk of it under his kid's names, so I wouldn't be surprised if Josh had never even laid eyes on the house and was barely aware of it.

Why he does this, I'm not really sure because I'm not into real estate, but he has famously done this. The unmarried oldest daughter, Jana, lives at home, but "owns" several properties Jim Bob bought under name, including a building that used to be a tattoo parlor. He does this when they reach adulthood. Most, if not all, of the 18+ kids "own property" that they don't actually really own. It is really strange.

ETA: Basically, if they were normal he, Anna and the kids could've just moved there after it was flipped, but Jim Bob is weird. lol

"Creative accounting" is the reason IMO. It reduces his own personal income since the sale would be under his child's name. Also, if the children claim it as self-employment income (which I am guessing they do since they sell it under a LLC that they own), it would allow them to claim tax credits that they would not be allowed to claim if they had zero income (since most of the adult children don't have jobs).

Re: the multiple houses.

long, long ago I worked in mortgage processing. How long ago? This was a savings&loan, and then under the Resolution Trust Corporation. Yup.

If Jim-Bob is listed as the owner of these houses, there would have to be non-owner occupied loans and non-owner-occupied insurance. Jim-Bob cannot have more than one primary residence.

A vacation home is different. A three bedroom, 1 1/2 bath in a subdivision is not a vacation home.

(Plenty of nice vacation homes in NWArk, oh yeah.)

Jim-Bob has plenty of adults to list on paperwork, saves him mortgage interest and homeowner's insurance.

Distasteful but probably not illegal.

I expect financial oversight agencies are reviewing his transactions. I hope so....

jmho ymmv lrr lrr lrr lrr 19 times

Thank you for your insight Laughing! Jim Bob is incredibly sketchy in many areas of his life. Imo.

Something I don't understand....

Josh was fired from the car dealership 2 years ago?
How is it that he's viewing CSE in the car dealership NOW?

Y'all, we have to be missing some big pieces, 'cos not only does much of this not make sense, but it REALLY doesn't make sense.
As others have noted, the charging documents state he downloaded it in May of 2019. The car lot was raided in November 2019. The car lot has never reopened, so he wasn't technically fired (and probably wouldn't have been since it was a family business he was managing). But he still ended up without a job that, as far as I know, was never replaced with another job between then and now.

I’m not so sure Anna would never leave. A quick Googling of her siblings shows they haven’t all stayed or done things by the book. I guess it’s possible the Duggar side has their hooks in her more than the Keller side, but she may be more reasonable about the negative influences of her husband than we might think. MOO.

As others have noted, the charging documents state he downloaded it in May of 2019. The car lot was raided in November 2019. The car lot has never reopened, so he wasn't technically fired (and probably wouldn't have been since it was a family business he was managing). But he still ended up without a job that, as far as I know, was never replaced with another job between then and now.

I would guess he has been doing odd jobs for his father.

Most of the married Duggar sons have some sort of job title but seem to mostly do odd jobs and stuff for Jim Bob like working on flipping houses. Most of the kid's income, though, seems to come from Jim Bob dispersing TLC checks. He is very controlling in his adult kids' lives. He uses money as a way to control and subjugate them.

I’m not so sure Anna would never leave. A quick Googling of her siblings shows they haven’t all stayed or done things by the book. I guess it’s possible the Duggar side has their hooks in her more than the Keller side, but she may be more reasonable about the negative influences of her husband than we might think. MOO.

Some of the Keller children might have left, or just done things differently, but not all, and not her parents. Anna's BIL David is a massive figure in IBLP. The Keller parents are extremely, extremely religious. They have been involved in IBLP and really wanted Anna to marry a Duggar (her life probably would've turned out much better if they'd went with John David instead...) and wanted that for her even after knowing what Josh had done to his sisters. The Kellers run, or ran, a IBLP prison ministry. They are also very poor. While she may have some outside support with her one brother, I doubt she will go for it because he is extremely vocal about his opinion about the Duggars and the religion, and I don't even know if he would have the resources needed for eight extra people.

It is, realistically, in her best practical interests to stay in Arkansas close to the Duggars. The Duggars are much wealthier than the Kellers, and she is able to live in at least semi-decent conditions. A warehouse isn't ideal, but it is more than she would have with the Kellers. She is on the Duggar compound, so she's able to easily bring the kids over to the big house for food, childcare, playtime, etc. Jim Bob is also definitely the one in charge of their finances. If she went back to be with her family in Florida, she would not have access to his finances, or the convenience of having the compound and its resources nearby. This isn't a criticism really BTW. I think, if she is going to keep the kids and Josh is gone, staying on or close to the compound is the best choice.

I know way too much about these people lol and I can't fault her for not wanting to go back to Florida. I also wouldn't, in her shoes. Her parents are just as extremist as the Duggars without nearly the same amount of money and resources, and everyone would suffer.

I always find it fascinating to try to figure out in a family, raised as strictly as Josh Duggar appeared to be, why did he turn out to be a "Bad Seed"? It seems like his siblings are all living normal lives. His brother, John David, did not molest his siblings, go crazy with internet dating, seeking strippers, and getting in trouble with Department of Homeland Security.

What made Josh stray from the path?

That we know of, anyway.

Perhaps OT or against TOS but I just have to get this off my chest.

I didn't grow up in a religious home, but I got dragged to church often enough by friends and relatives to learn a few things about Jesus's teachings, and thereby conclude that he had a lot of humble and compassionate ideas that I agree with.

Most of which I didn't actually see being followed by those who most ardently claimed to be his followers.

That's all.

One last thing: as I was typing this I looked up at the TV, which has closed captioning on, and the caption was "Praise the Lord." Uhhhh....

The ATI mantra compares a "used woman" to "drinking from a spit cup". That is the religious dogma Anna has been given since birth.

That kind of programming doesn't get undone...Anna probably feels like she doesn't have any other choices.

I think without a doubt the Duggar side is much more influential in her life and has been for a number of years.

I think without a doubt the Duggar side is much more influential in her life and has been for a number of years.

She got married when she was barely 20 and has had much of her life from that point in the public eye and influenced by the Duggars. But for almost 15 years this has been her life. She has always been very involved with Jim Bob and Michelle and the family as a whole.

IMO living in a warehouse isn’t cause for disparagement, so I’d want to be careful. Often, people have to do the best with what comes their way.
But I do have several points...
You’d think one of that well-paid family (one of them seems even to own a helicopter) would just buy a house for Josh’s family to live in. Those children need a more healthy place to live.
If you’re spending all that money to refurbish a warehouse, you might as well spend it on re-habbing a fixer-upper. Family and nearby friends, “good Christians” presumably, shouldn’t have any hesitation in throwing in their sweat and handy skills for a few Saturdays. Where are they?
What the warehouse living situation does signify to me is poor choices. Where are the children getting educated? Why would you have 2 (or more) pregnancies when the only living situation for the babies is a warehouse? What are you doing to get out of warehouse living?

i have super conservative Catholic family members and they look down upon helping adult kids. idk if thats the norm but my mom always thought it was majorly messed up (its her brother and his brood of 9) they get the boot by 19.

They had a house but they sold it. Then, Jim Bob bought a house and sold it to an LLC in Anna's name. Then Anna put it on the market for WAY more than the purchase price. So either they're just greedy (which is likely, Jim Bob is alllllll about money) or they have another reason for living in the family compound...like the family wanted Anna and the kids close in case anything happened.

bingo, they were preparing for this i think.

I don't think Josh and Anna were necessarily onthe compound as preparation in case anything happened (like this). From what I have seen it is was for Jim Bob and Michelle to "keep an eye on him", but it's more convenient for everyone since the big house is full of conveniences.

i have super conservative Catholic family members and they look down upon helping adult kids. idk if thats the norm but my mom always thought it was majorly messed up (its her brother and his brood of 9) they get the boot by 19.
I don’t think that has anything to do with being Catholic and surely not typical. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn