Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9537707/Former-*advertiser censored*-star-accused-Josh-Duggar-brutal-rape-says-hopes-hes-jailed-forever.html

*advertiser censored* star's lawsuit against Josh Duggar dismissed

The thought of family members sleeping in rooms without egress is scary.

I was looking into homeschooling regulations in AR to see if fire safety is a required subject (each state has different requirements)...and what did I find but this:

"In Arkansas, parents may homeschool under the homeschool statute. If a registered sex offender lives in your home, or if your student is currently being disciplined by a public school, it’s imperative that you get individualized guidance before seeking to start a homeschool program."

How to Comply with Arkansas’ Homeschool Law

bbm
Mindblowing that homeschooling is even an option if there’s a sex offender in your home.

I think people reading my comments about the warehouse probably don't sit around reading Duggar gossip like I do, but my issue with the warehouse is twofold:

1) First and foremost, the fact is that Jim Bob owns MASSIVE amounts of real estate is Northwest Arkansas. I mean nice, liveable houses, some of which are very beautiful and expensive (not all though, some are more modest) that would be a lot more suitable for a family of 7 children. When his children get married, he gives them a house he owns to live in with their spouse. I cannot reiterate enough how involved he is with real estate and that it is where most of the Duggar $ comes from, not TLC. There ARE plenty of better properties available at Jim Bob's disposal. I find it questionable at best for him to keep Josh, Anna, and kids in a warehouse on the property when I know for a fact he has a plethora of suitable houses for them.

2) I am pretty sure it is not up to fire and safety codes. I have followed them for years and have never seen Anna post a pic from within the warehouse that had any sort of window, literally EVER. All the pics I've seen show it to be completely windowless. Anna has listed her address as being in the big house and "technically" lives from afaik, so they are also probably technically illegally living in a windowless warehouse.

My whole point is that they have far more available for them and not just a warehouse, but they continue to live in a not-ideal situation because Jim Bob won't have them stay in one of his houses.
bbm
Thanks for all of this information, @Springrain !

One curiosity about this arrest is that his dad seemed to know it was coming, according to posts here and other articles.
So... was it not that JimBob didn't want them to live in one of the nicer homes ---- but he was possibly protecting his son, if he knew an arrest was imminent ?
Protection from the media and possibly from DCFS knocking on Josh's door ?
Obviously his dad can't prevent LE from doing their job, but as far as others like the aforementioned CPS and maybe investigative reporters --- this warehouse living was keeping outsiders at bay ?
MOO

Last edited:
WTH?! Sure, whatever.

TLC releases statement following allegations against former 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar

Yeah, but Josh has been in the background, his wife, Anna Duggar, and his children have been on "Counting On". It is almost at the point of being ridiculous, they are filming the program, and Josh is "there", but literally "hiding" behind someone.

There were photoshoots at somebody's wedding (maybe Joseph and Kendra? I can't remember) where they straight up photoshopped Josh's head out of the TLC photos, so they just had his headless body there for the pics. lol it was weird

There were photoshoots at somebody's wedding (maybe Joseph and Kendra? I can't remember) where they straight up photoshopped Josh's head out of the TLC photos, so they just had his headless body there for the pics. lol it was weird
OMG, that made me laugh out loud, like a real laugh, not just LOL.

I once had to miss a family reunion and someone photoshopped me into the group photo to be funny. I would be very offended to be photoshopped out!

jmo

I don’t think that has anything to do with being Catholic and surely not typical. IMO
My parents were Southern Baptist and they thought once kids are 18 and out of high school they should be on their own without any assistance from parents. We paid for our own college. They believed helping adult children kept them from learning responsibility and stunted “ambition” which was a word frequently drilled into us.
I think this was more common in older generations than it is today, along with corporal punishment. Parenting has changed a lot since I was a kid in the 50’s-70’s.

Mindblowing that homeschooling is even an option if there’s a sex offender in your home.

In PA, you can not homeschool if a sex offender lives in the home, I believe you can’t homeschool if anyone has been charged with a felony as well, it may be in the last five years. (I homeschool in PA, but don’t pay close attention to the wording because it doesn’t apply to me.)

Is Josh Duggar a convicted sex offender? I thought he got off scot free.

In PA, you can not homeschool if a sex offender lives in the home, I believe you can’t homeschool if anyone has been charged with a felony as well, it may be in the last five years. (I homeschool in PA, but don’t pay close attention to the wording because it doesn’t apply to me.)

Not yet, but he will be soon. jmo

bbm
Thanks for all of this information, @Springrain !

One curiosity about this arrest is that his dad seemed to know it was coming, according to posts here and other articles.
So... was it not that JimBob didn't want them to live in one of the nicer homes ---- but he was possibly protecting his son, if he knew an arrest was imminent ?
Protection from the media and possibly from DCFS knocking on Josh's door ?
Obviously his dad can't prevent LE from doing their job, but as far as others like the aforementioned CPS and maybe investigative reporters --- this warehouse living was keeping outsiders at bay ?
MOO
Yeah, but why didn't the warehouse have windows? There has to be a reason there weren't any windows.

PA has some of the strictest homeschooling laws, which always struck me a a little odd as neighboring NJ has basically none. I think Arkansas is in the middle. MOO.

My parents were Southern Baptist and they thought once kids are 18 and out of high school they should be on their own without any assistance from parents. We paid for our own college. They believed helping adult children kept them from learning responsibility and stunted “ambition” which was a word frequently drilled into us.
I think this was more common in older generations than it is today, along with corporal punishment. Parenting has changed a lot since I was a kid in the 50’s-70’s.
And, to be a bit fair, our parent's were usually not as affluent as parent's today.

Well…I found this….so Jim Bob should be investigated….also read that the building structure has to sit on a certain typed of flooring too….Jim Bob are you in compliance?

Every habitable room shall have at least one (1) window or skylight which can easily be opened, or such other device as will adequately ventilate the room.

ARTICLE V. | Code of Ordinances | Little Rock, AR

Municode Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members