Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't access the us.gov websites and it bothers me, I wanted to see the document for myself.

So she asked for representation to be reinstated? She came around?
Could it be because "even" a Family Law Judge has her number?

This is a blessing for everyone involved, and the public too.
LS letter to the Court has not been posted but the request did come from LS:

upload_2021-5-3_15-8-14.png

Is the news that HH is going to be a state witness really major news? We already know that she was asked by LS to purchase clean up supplies, perhaps it’s this testimony they’re looking for? It would be great if she’s going to speak up about LS behaviour, but I’m not sure we should assume that she’s turned on her mother.

So next Court date May 5.

Let's hope that having a Lawyer heading the case for her doesn't mean too long a delay to get this on the road to trial.

JMO and all JMO. HH must have had an awful time these last 15 months or more. I think she knew her mother wasn't treating Gannon fairly before his murder, but I also believe HH didn't have any part of what took place. She's had these 15 months to weigh up and come to terms with what her monstrous mother did and she's now doing the right thing.

Let's hope that having a Lawyer heading the case for her doesn't mean too long a delay to get this on the road to trial.

JMO and all JMO. HH must have had an awful time these last 15 months or more. I think she knew her mother wasn't treating Gannon fairly before his murder, but I also believe HH didn't have any part of what took place. She's had these 15 months to weigh up and come to terms with what her monstrous mother did and she's now doing the right thing.
To be clear, I believe LS acted alone. I also believe the AWA that states HH refused to talk to LE during the investigation -- most likely because she was prevented from doing so.

I am pleased that she is now better guided, on the right path, and hopefully doing the right thing for GS. MOO

Last edited:
Is the news that HH is going to be a state witness really major news? We already know that she was asked by LS to purchase clean up supplies, perhaps it’s this testimony they’re looking for? It would be great if she’s going to speak up about LS behaviour, but I’m not sure we should assume that she’s turned on her mother.

I don't think it's a surprise that HH is a witness but seeing her name appear on the States list first (versus the defense witness list) is encouraging-- especially given she allegedly refused to talk to LE during the investigation, per the AWA. She may also be a hostile witness -- we really don't know.

Personally, I think LS probably prevented HH from talking to LE. I hope she does the right thing for GS, and can move on living a safe, healthy life. MOO

I PRAY that HH has come around, all the way. I didn’t have much hope of that, but it’s excellent news. It’s been 15 months since his murder, and that’s a lot of time to process what you’ve just been put through and what you need to do to sleep at night. Moo

You & me BOTH!! She hadn't been cooperating, but sometimes time, separation, and possibly facing charges herself (just guessing, I have no indication of this) can make a person see things in a different way.

I'd been hoping and praying that she'd cooperate. She has valuable information about her mother and her conduct before, the day of, and after the murder. She needs to tell anything and everything and I hope she will!

MOO IMO

I'm hopeful, but my verdict's still out on what HH will say and how much she'll tell/say against her mother. I hope she's come around, but some things I've seen on SM make me feel otherwise. We can always hope she's seen the light and realizes what her poor step brother had to endure.

MOO JMO

I'm wondering if LS already had her moment in the courtroom during the Arguello Advisement (when LS asked to represent herself) -- revealing her poker strategy and alleged 2-part evidence.

Seems it went downhill for LS after that.

LS refused her first opportunity to review discovery because her request to remove her hand restraints was denied and later refused to attend the law library program because the hours were inconvenient to her -- eventually leading to her suspension for 90 days.

I'd love for them to release the letter LS wrote to the judge to accompany her request! For now all we have is the redacted request which was made by LS herself.

Note the handwritten request by LS! She requested the "appointment of a state attorney instead of the public defenders office!"
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Motion Regarding Counsel.pdf

Motion%20Regarding%20Counsel.pdf

Yes, you read that right, a state attorney!! As in a state attorney that PROSECUTES cases FOR the State!! Looks like Dr. Stauch needs to brush up on her law and really could've used that time in that law library! :D:D:D

Lucky for her the judge reassigned her to the public defender's office!

MOO JMO Justice for Gannon!

Last edited:
I feel like it’s all a stall tactic. First she wants to represent herself. Now 2 weeks before the prelim she wants counsel again. There’s no way new counsel will be up to speed by the 20th. The prelim was originally scheduled for last June and her counsel then asked for a postponement due to not enough time, and they had 3-ish months.

I'd love for them to release the letter LS wrote to the judge to accompany her request! For now all we have is the redacted request which was made by LS herself.

Note the handwritten request by LS! She requested the "appointment of a state attorney instead of the public defenders office!"
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Motion Regarding Counsel.pdf

Motion%20Regarding%20Counsel.pdf

Yes, you read that right, a state attorney!! As in a state attorney that PROSECUTES cases FOR the State!! Looks like Dr. Stauch needs to brush up on her law and really could've used that time in the law library! :D:D:D

Lucky for her the judge reassigned her to the public defender's office!

MOO JMO Justice for Gannon!

I think LS requested the court appoint her a state-appointed counsel rather than re-appoint the public defender's office to represent her for a couple of reasons:

1) LS previous lawyers that she claimed to have conflicts with were from the public defender's office.

2) A court or state-appointed lawyer is typically a private attorney who takes court-appointed cases and gets paid by the hour, whereas the public defender is an attorney who works only for the government.

I think LS was hoping for both -- to get a private attorney and avoid having any contact with her former attorneys. MOO

Last edited:
I think LS requested the court appoint her state-appointed counsel rather than re-appoint the public defender's office to represent her for a couple of reasons:

1) LS previous lawyers that she claimed to have conflicts with were from the public defender's office.

2) A court or state-appointed lawyer is typically a private attorney who takes court-appointed cases and gets paid by the hour, whereas the public defender is an attorney who works only for the government.

I think LS was hoping for both -- to get a private attorney and avoid having any contact with her former attorneys. MOO

BBM
I agree that she wants no parts of returning to the PDO because most likely they told her what she didn't want to hear (the truth) and they advised her against her crazy scheme of a defense. Remember she has some awesome "bombshell" evidence that defies the science & will prove her innocence! :rolleyes: She also accused them of being incompetent in getting her medical records and being in "cahoots" with the prosecution, so yeah she doesn't have warm fuzzies for going back with them. Too bad! She's lucky the judge approved it! How could she get a state appointed attorney, why would the state pick up the tab for a private attorney?

JMO MOO

I feel like it’s all a stall tactic. First she wants to represent herself. Now 2 weeks before the prelim she wants counsel again. There’s no way new counsel will be up to speed by the 20th. The prelim was originally scheduled for last June and her counsel then asked for a postponement due to not enough time, and they had 3-ish months.
Right? Is there a stopping point?

I'm thinking way too far ahead here, but..
in time will she declare the new lawyers incompetent? can she decide once again to fire them? I really can't see her getting along with anyone who would dare attempt to convince her that no jury will buy any of her stories.
the consistent lack of predictability is anxiety inducing, moo.

Right? Is there a stopping point?

I'm thinking way too far ahead here, but..
in time will she declare the new lawyers incompetent? can she decide once again to fire them? I really can't see her getting along with anyone who would dare attempt to convince her that no jury will buy any of her stories.
the consistent lack of predictability is anxiety inducing, moo.
the short of it is no, the Judge already advised her against any theatrics so...jmo

BBM
I agree that she wants no parts of returning to the PDO because most likely they told her what she didn't want to hear (the truth) and they advised her against her crazy scheme of a defense. Remember she has some awesome "bombshell" evidence that defies the science & will prove her innocence! :rolleyes: She also accused them of being incompetent in getting her medical records and being in "cahoots" with the prosecution, so yeah she doesn't have warm fuzzies for going back with them. Too bad! She's lucky the judge approved it! How could she get a state appointed attorney, why would the state pick up the tab for a private attorney?

JMO MOO
I'm sorry if my post unclear - The public defender's office can sometimes have a conflict of interest and not be able to defend all defendants requiring a public defender. The state then has no choice but to hire outside, private attorneys that agree to accept "court-appointed" cases i.e, a state or court-appointed lawyer such as LS requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie