Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don't Contrary to what so many people on the internet believe.
They have so much more than any of us know about.
it would be foolish to put it out there while building a case.
My personal "Feeling/intuition"is IT IS him.
we shall soon see
bbm
yes it is rather obvious that's what they believe and why they haven't released it.
I agree with you, it is him.
Nobody said they were obligated or legally bound to release it.
But is it really worth hanging onto when you have nobody in custody and more visual the public can possibly identify?

MOO

I've been skipping around because there are so many posts since LE's recent announcement, so I apologize in advance if this has been mentioned.

However, in one of the recent posts was a link to BC's Facebook account. If you scroll down the page some, on the right, is a REALLY creepy image. It's a picture of four "paths", all fading off in the distance.Three of which are very similar to each other in that they are all ground paths. The fourth is a...... bridge. The main quote says "Brian chose path 4". Underneath is a little inane comment about how BC is a "dreamer". Wow, though. There's a "coincidence"!

<Modnote: Edited to add link. Please remember to add links>
Creepy..."it won't end well if you make him angry"...a bigger understatement there never was...AJMO

Last edited:
More hope in today’s New York Times for advancements being made in whole genome sequencing to identify people from physical evidence collected in the form of small amounts of DNA.
So now, a decade later, the DNA could be retested with the far more sophisticated whole-genome technology. There was just one problem: The sample contained only 0.3 nanograms, or 300 trillionths of a gram, of genetic material.
Human DNA is made of three billion “base pairs,” a unique set of molecular letters that creates a book of instructions for our cells. At HudsonAlpha, Charlene’s DNA was split into tiny fragments, then placed in the sequencing machine to decode the precise sequence of letters in each. The machine then created a file containing all of these tiny sequences and uploaded it to a server.
BBM
Mr. Lord downloaded that file — 71 gigabytes of raw data — onto a custom-built computer and began piecing all of those fragments back together in the right order, producing Charlene’s full genetic code. From there, he focused on a subset of roughly 1.5 million key markers, known as SNPs, that make up the genetic “profiles” used by genealogy companies. He then sent Charlene’s profile to the two genealogy databases, GEDMatch and FamilyTreeDNA, that make themselves available to law enforcement for such cases.
To Solve 3 Cold Cases, This Small County Got a DNA Crash Course

The small county is Newton Co, Indiana.

Last edited:
Video by a YouTube user posted a few months before the murders, it shows the main Monon Trail, which is a railroad right-of-way abandoned around 30 years ago, and the Monon High Bridge over Deer Creek. Most of the video of the area involving the murders is towards the end of this video:

Thank you for sharing this!

What an eerie coincidence this is, that the video was posted only a few months prior to the murders, and that it seems to have been taken at various times during all the seasons be as far as I can see, the vegetation and greenery changes throughout the video. Which leads me to believe that someone has scoping out the area, MOO.

Thank you for sharing this!

What an eerie coincidence this is, that the video was posted only a few months prior to the murders, and that it seems to have been taken at various times during all the seasons be as far as I can see, the vegetation and greenery changes throughout the video. Which leads me to believe that someone has scoping out the area, MOO.

Part of my theory about BG and his association with the gorge is he'd been there before, perhaps even different times of the year.

JMO

Thank you for linking that article as I had not read it before. I found this statement very interesting when combined with the hiding in plain sight comments, etc. It feels like they may know or have a good idea who this horrible murderer is. JMO

Q. You have said you recognize the voice on the video. Do you recognize it as a jail inmate, other law enforcement team or person you know outside your employment sphere?

A. I still have not been able to pin it down. In my 30+ year career or even, as with most of us, we have heard certain voices but have difficulty in recalling exactly who it is.
Is he implying that he has heard BG’s voice a lot, or even many times, semi-regularly, over the last 30 years?
Also as a side note, I did not realize that non eidetikers could pick up/recognize others voices if they had only heard them a few times over a 30 year span. I guess you really do learn something new everyday. mOO.

Thing is, we don't know whether or not she was still alive and possibly fighting when he drug her. Maybe she was attempting to get away?

MOO AMOO JMO
I remember her grandfather saying that these girls loved each other and one could have got away but would not leave the other. I think that Libby tried to stop him attacking the weaker and smaller Abby and he knocked her down and dragged her out of his way.
I hated typing that.

The most interesting thing I heard was the scene in Chadwell's basement was preset. The chains and locks were already on the bed in the basement. I'm assuming this is per the Affidavit of Arrest?

<modsnip>What is the quote from law enforcement about evidence recovered from the scene being "not what you'd expect"? I suppose dog hair could be included.

Becky Patty said she has seen the Chadwells tattoo and the side by side pictures of the girls and she says the tattoos are disturbing.

Becky said Chadwell checks more boxes than anyone else
I wish the media would release the affidavit publicly, which they obviously have seen, but I assume they are trying to protect her from the horrid publicity.
I have read two other media reports that kinda sorta said it, “locked up at the bottom of the stairs”, but it could also be interpreted as, “restrained in the basement”, meaning by the chain on the door.
That made me wonder if she was restrained down there or if it was just muddled reporting.
<modsnip>
It makes sense that he would restrain her and tape or gag her mouth too, to keep her from screaming and banging on the door when she heard LE in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish the media would release the affidavit publicly, which they obviously have seen, but I assume they are trying to protect her from the horrid publicity.
I have read two other media reports that kinda sorta said it, “locked up at the bottom of the stairs”, but it could also be interpreted as, “restrained in the basement”, meaning by the chain on the door.
That made me wonder if she was restrained down there or if it was just muddled reporting.
“Chains and locks on the bed” is the clearest statement I’ve heard on it, it’s not possible to misinterpret what that means.
It makes sense that he would restrain her and tape or gag her mouth too, to keep her from screaming and banging on the door when she heard LE in the house.
Did I miss something
I have not seen anything indicating the victim was chained to a bed in the basement. The affidavit indicates a chain on basement door but that’s it. Is this just rumors or poor reporting.

Part of my theory about BG and his association with the gorge is he'd been there before, perhaps even different times of the year.

JMO
For those 2-4 of you on here that have been there I defer to you. Yes, Gray Hughes has very well researched videos, but it doesn't replace physical observation. Even ISP Superintendent D. Carter, after walking over the bridge, said this killer had to have been over it before.

For those 2-4 of you on here that have been there I defer to you. Yes, Gray Hughes has very well researched videos, but it doesn't replace physical observation. Even ISP Superintendent D. Carter, after walking over the bridge, said this killer had to have been over it before.

I've thought such since the beginning, the first weeks when a lot of folks here were scrutinizing the bridge, terrain, distances, etc.

BG's 'familiarity' with that area of the gorge had a huge part in his (for lack of a better term) success that day. Which tells me most likely he'd been there before, and had most likely been there during other times of the year.

JMO

Did I miss something
I have not seen anything indicating the victim was chained to a bed in the basement. The affidavit indicates a chain on basement door but that’s it. Is this just rumors or poor reporting.

You didn’t miss anything. I think it’s just Nancy Grace’s way of sensationalizing with a disregard for facts. IMO

Did I miss something
Someone who listened to NG's recent podcast with BP said she said the basement was preset and had a bed with chains. That's all I know for I haven't listened to the podcast yet.

‎Crime Stories with Nancy Grace: 2 girls murdered at a local Delphi bridge, NEW TWIST! on Apple Podcasts

Did I miss something
I haven’t seen the affidavit, only media reports, where can I find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77