Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE knew the suspect was bearded immediately prior to the murders and then clean shaven by the end of that day, wouldn’t be critical information to release to the public when asking for tips? That would appear to me to be even more important than releasing a grainy photo and definitely more significant than two different sketches who were never indicated to be the same person.

Instead the first sketch was depicted as a man in his 40s to 50s, the second as young as 18 to late 30s. I think it’s unlikely someone who knows the identity of the killer would expect someone who’s 18 to be mistaken for someone as old as a 50 year old or vice versa, shaven or not.

LE have told us the sketches are of two different people. They know where each was sighted, when and under what circumstances, however we don’t.

JMO
<modsnip: removed reference to self-deleted post> I think LE also has stated it could be someone in between the 2 sketches.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the Nancy Grace podcast, around the last two minutes of the podcast. NG stated JBC posted (not sure if it's a meme or his own words) the following:

"The police are looking for a suspect described as sexy, funny and great in bed. You're safe, but where shall I hide?",

I scanned through his FB over the weekend and don't recall this. Anyone?

IMO

In one of JBC's FB photos, he is shown with what appears to be very curly hair on the top. The sides are shaved. Every other pic. I've seen shows him with straight hair which always bothered me because the second sketch clearly shows very curly hair.
Do you have a link? This has been bugging me forever!

I used to like Nancy Grace way back when in the "Scott Peterson" days. She is way over the top, rarely seems to get the facts straight and constantly interrupts her guests.

The little girl was found in a room in the basement, which was locked with a chain lock.

It will not surprise me in the least if JBC is responsible for the deaths of Abby and Libby.

Missing Indiana girl found in basement; arrested suspect investigated in Delphi murders

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

JMO.
Oh wow, I think this could be BG.

Yes, a signature doesn't have to be an object. For example, I can tell who in the family did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen just by the way things were done (or not done!). I can read the "signature" left at the scene.

In this case, we've been told not only did the perp leave a "signature" but there is something "odd" about it.

jmo
Could it be bite marks?

this investigation is buttoned up tighter than Kim Kardashian's waist trainers..and that is really interesting..no comments..no discussion...no interviews..clock is ticking and we all
know from the past it's been quite chatty..like with DN..seems like they were discussing this and that and the press was hearing things..

I know there has been some info out there that could be leaked..but really it's not much.

wonder the total of cases they have where they can put him in the vicinity.

mOO

this investigation is buttoned up tighter than Kim Kardashian's waist trainers..and that is really interesting..no comments..no discussion...no interviews..clock is ticking and we all
know from the past it's been quite chatty..like with DN..seems like they were discussing this and that and the press was hearing things..

I know there has been some info out there that could be leaked..but really it's not much.

mOO
I had a thought along the same vein today. I have a hunch (not a fact) that there is a witness to something besides just what BG looked like. Maybe not a witness to the actual crime, but to something we don't know about. If that is the case, I commend whoever it is for not talking about it all this time.

I'm sure it's tempting to tell a podcaster or reporter or buddy in the bar details you may know. But to NOT tell is commendable. Save it for court.

jmo

I’m sure this has already been said somewhere in here, but a signature in this case could have been:
  • A dog bite
  • A homemade weapon (JBC is a welder by trade)
  • Positioning of the bodies in an A-typical way

Perhaps "tattoos" on the poor girls' bodies...
Made with sharpies, since there was proably no time for "real tattoos"...
just a thought...

the 'signature' sounds particularly nasty. I wonder if he had put something in their mouths

I believe there was a comment from LE about the girls no longer being the way he left them (that comment aimed at the perp himself) no idea what that relates to

Yes a person whose work is not often in heights would need time to get used walking on the bridge, but MOO for someone who has logged many hundreds of hours in aerial catwalks I don't think it would be a problem.

mOO

the clock is ticking for all of us who want to know! But this POI is in custody for the long haul due to his other heinous crime, so the clock’s not ticking for LE ...jmo

I had a thought along the same vein today. I have a hunch (not a fact) that there is a witness to something besides just what BG looked like. Maybe not a witness to the actual crime, but to something we don't know about. If that is the case, I commend whoever it is for not talking about it all this time.

I'm sure it's tempting to tell a podcaster or reporter or buddy in the bar details you may know. But to NOT tell is commendable. Save it for court.

jmo
Now focused in on this local POI, I bet other kids from the area will have seen / be able to help ID him MOO. Idk the area at all but if these two girls liked to hang out there, surely other local kids did too IMO. Chances are BJC was spotted bumming around there at some point, even if not day of murder, since he was local too. And now that they’ve finally brought him in IMO they can start doing witness IDs.

Can someone please remind me where the girls were found - what direction, distance etc. from the bridge/river. I've lost track of that detail and I want to review it.

tia

I made a map that combines the topography of the area with a satellite image to give you a sense of where they were found. Cardinal directions are what you would expect, the top is North. The 'body site' isn't precisely known so I included a box that's just my opinion of where they were found.

Attachments

• delphiTopo.jpg
    delphiTopo.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 267
I made a map that combines the topography of the area with a satellite image to give you a sense of where they were found. Cardinal directions are what you would expect, the top is North. The 'body site' isn't precisely known so I included a box that's just my opinion of where they were found.
Super - thank you @mekeritrig!

After scrolling through JBC Facebook and judging him on the content. I don't think he would be able to pass Libby & Abby without initiating some sort of conversation or saying something that would catch them off guard. This could have started the interaction. Because of their age and not having an adult with them, I don't think he could simply pass and keep to himself. I could also see him being territorial over his space if he was in fact hanging out there, especially overnight. If he is responsible for their murders, I think he would have been abrupt in his actions once his mind was made up and very brutal.

The similarities I see between his pictures and the sketches, is the weak chin and thin lips. I can also see it faintly in the video. His build is not far off either. I'm however not overly confident and will have to wait this out with the rest of you. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam