Identified! IN - Lake Village, 'Brad' 1384UMIN, Eyler victim, Oct'83 - John Ingram Brandenburg, Jr.

"Mr. McCord said that the teenager’s mother was distraught to learn how he had died. “She woke up every morning for the past 37 years wondering, ‘Is Johnny going to come home today?’” he said. “We hit her kind of hard.” (The family declined, through an intermediary, to be interviewed.)"

I feel like this might be true for many family members of not reported (or reported long ago, but not uploaded to databases) missing persons. They do care, but the fear of finding out what happened to their missing son, daughter, etc. might prevent filing a new missing persons report or appealing to the public for more information. The faint hope that they may come home becomes more reassuring than the possibility of finding out they were murdered long ago.

.....You’ve reached your limit of free articles. Already a subscriber? Log in.
New York Times
6/13/2021

Anybody know about the NYT's "limits?" Like what the "X# articles" per day/week/month/year is?

With my local (small-town KY) paper, you can see about 5/month online. That wasn't a problem for posting/sharing on WS (or anywhere else online) until about a decade ago when there was basically an explosion in local crimes. I can shell out $1 or less for a paper copy of my local paper, but sharing would require a working scanner and some patience. It's harder for far-off papers that are easy to find in Louisville (40-or-so miles away).
Newspapers.com makes it easy to find older articles (not sure about more recent articles like this one).

I know I've probably looked at some NYT articles this year, but just a handful.

New York Times
6/13/2021

Anybody know about the NYT's "limits?" Like what the "X# articles" per day/week/month/year is?

With my local (small-town KY) paper, you can see about 5/month online. That wasn't a problem for posting/sharing on WS (or anywhere else online) until about a decade ago when there was basically an explosion in local crimes. I can shell out $1 or less for a paper copy of my local paper, but sharing would require a working scanner and some patience. It's harder for far-off papers that are easy to find in Louisville (40-or-so miles away).
Newspapers.com makes it easy to find older articles (not sure about more recent articles like this one).

I know I've probably looked at some NYT articles this year, but just a handful.

To Solve 3 Cold Cases, This Small County Got a DNA Crash Course

Just clear your cookies for that website/newspaper and your count starts from zero again. Or you can read that news article in full here - Log into Facebook

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back