Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct me if I am wrong
but if they do have a partial fingerprint ..wouldn't this mean they can clear him or not in a minute

What TL said in HLN documentary was that it was suggestive of a fingerprint, but that also - like the DNA - they do not know if it's the killer's fingerprint. So I guess the possibility remains that the "fingerprint" is on an object that LE believes could have been handled by someone who is not the killer. It's not likely that fingerprints were recovered from the girls' bodies IMO. It's possible, but human skin is not the best medium due to the oils on it and the elasticity of it. IIRC I read a study that said that the successful recovery of fingerprints directly from human skin decreased every hour until by the 24 hour mark it was very, very difficult to recover them. Plus add in that this was an outdoor crime scene where the victims were exposed to overnight conditions including fog or dew.

On the subject of clearing POI - I don't think LE's silence at this juncture is indicative of JBC's involvement or not. Posters who have been around from the beginning will remember that in the earliest days of the investigation, LE were apparently actively looking at a different child rapist from Kokomo with the initials JDD (for those who say, what are the odds that there are two child rapists in this small area? - There are at least three.) And this guy IMO had a previous method of abduction that was more similar to the Delphi case and an victim closer in age to Abby and Libby (plus she was a complete stranger to him). He also had numerous factors that seemed to fit what was known (sex offender, looked like the sketch, changed appearance after the crime) but LE never officially made a statement clearing him either.

correct me if I am wrong
but if they do have a partial fingerprint ..wouldn't this mean they can clear him or not in a minute

Even if it’s believed JC did not participate in the crime I wonder if LE would clear him? According to the tone of statements below, possibly not.

Sheriff Leazenby continues to answer double homicide questions | Carroll County Comet
Q. In January 2019, you did an interview with a woman named Angela explaining that Ron Logan has been “covered” and not “cleared”. Have you been able to clear Ron Logan yet?

A. No one is truly “cleared” until we have the alleged responsible party in custody and formal criminal charges are filed by the prosecutor.

Daniel Nations no longer a major concern in Delphi murders
“As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him [Daniel Nations], and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time," Superintendent Douglas Carter with the Indiana State Police said Tuesday. “Until somebody is arrested, we’re interested in almost everybody.”

It makes sense that he would restrain her and tape or gag her mouth too, to keep her from screaming and banging on the door when she heard LE in the house.

Respectfully snipped & BBMFF.

I would also think this above, IF:
1) he liked, enjoyed and/or needed, (or any other form that falls into this category) to hear her screams, pleads, crying, etc., then he wouldn’t have used tape.
2) I don’t think he had the time to do it, for many reasons.
mOO

Good thought though!

Post 236 by Margarita 236 in previous thread...after a long absence from the recordings on the Delphi threads, these recordings, to almost fresh ears, sound like ... "Wait! ,,,,,,,, Down the hill." First word doesn't sound anything like "Guys" to me.

I've always admitted to being fairly hard of hearing, but these recordings are so cleaned up, I have no problem. I don't think I do, anyway.

Does everyone still hear "Guys" in these 3 recordings?

ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation

Audio downloads:
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.wav
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.ogg
Delphi_Audio_Edited_2019x3.mp3

eta the links. duh.

Another question, how does LE get two different people from a picture of the same person?

Perhaps I should skip the previous thread, and start on this one?

Really, don't we all want this solved and OVER? !!!!!!
Definitely “guys”.

eta: my post 236 from last thread:

Eta, oh I see know, you were just referencing the files I posted. :) I thought you were saying that I was saying it sounded like “wait”.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell what the object is below his right hand?

It looks to me to be ripped jeans revealing the cotton lining of the pocket with a cellphone or some type of case inside the pocket. The fraying of the denim is visible. His jeans are ripped on the other side where the pocket would be as well but not as much, holes on the leg part of the jeans also.

In one of JBC's FB photos, he is shown with what appears to be very curly hair on the top. The sides are shaved. Every other pic. I've seen shows him with straight hair which always bothered me because the second sketch clearly shows very curly hair.

Had there been wigs involved?
A false beard?
This easily alters appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads