GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you noticed that too.

Yes, it is not normal by any means for a defendant to do a plea deal and not get some charges dismissed. To plead to all 23 counts has some people scratching their heads.
Must be things are different when dealing with the DP.

And Angela out of site? For almost a year...really?...!

Billy filing a Bond Motion and gets a Bond Hearing date - then it's postponed then nothing zilch. Then wanting speedy trial - then not - then wanting speedy trial again - then not....Humm....

I agree, CC. It is very frustrating to those of us trying our best to support the victims and their families while we are being kept in the dark about what's going on. Most of the hearings' hours have been in chambers! Are the trials going to be the same way? I wonder. Thanks for all your posts.

4 killers and 3 guns? Who didn't have one? Why? Wagner's seemed to have plenty of money for such things. Designated driver?
Could it have been that all the false information circulating about the Manley's was put out to discredit what Leonard said shortly after the murder were discovered? LE might have been doing investigations to clear the Manley's, Not to implicate them. Whoever it was that took care of the kids while the murders were happening is just as guilty as the 4 that committed them.

"4 killers and 3 guns,"

And 32 shots. I believe the 3 guns were used by all 4 killers (except on Kenneth, of course). MOO

To me, if a person is still alive after a certain number of shots and one more shot is fired and kills the person, does the one who fired the final shot (Jake) legally cause the death of that person? The truth lies in who pulled the trigger, not the gun, itself, which was the same .22 IMO.

Last edited:
Yup! But he also must testify against them. That's all part of the deal.
I'm not sure what to think about that. What do y'all think?
Hmm..well he got everyone out of the death penalty..which to me they so deserve.
Part of me is: he killed most everyone himself including his baby momma.
Then it's well he started most of it.
And then I fell like wow what a little .

We all know about this but wow...to read about it all. That's a LOT of murder.
In front of babies..next to babies....inches from babies.
Over and over and over and....

Yes. It is bone-chilling and beyond cold-blooded in alot of other killers' eyes, but especially to those of us who do not know such evil or ever even hear of it. RIP Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. Personally, I would much rather be one of the victims than one of the evil killers!

I'm going by what both Scheiderer and Canepa said in court.

All but 2 were shot as they lay sleeping.

Gunshot didn't wake them which is how they knew silencers were used.

This is the lead BCI investigator under oath and the Special Prosecutor.
This right here has been my major question. Having lived in an older mobile home when young you couldn't move in those things without it creaking. Did everyone just get used to those noises/thumps when walking?

Yes. It is bone-chilling and beyond cold-blooded in alot of other killers' eyes, but especially to those of us who do not know such evil or ever even hear of it. RIP Rhodens and Hannah Gilley. Personally, I would much rather be one of the victims than one of the evil killers!
Since KR was shot in the left eye I'm wondering if it was done by a left hander? Isn't JW left handed? Being right handed it would seem I'd have to go out of my way to shoot someone in the left eye rather than they right.. IMO

This right here has been my major question. Having lived in an older mobile home when young you couldn't move in those things without it creaking. Did everyone just get used to those noises/thumps when walking?

I agree with this as far as the single wide trailers. The doors and walls are thin with very little insulation, if any at all. FRs/HG deaths are the two I find difficult understanding how the killers got inside without anyone being awakened.

I thought her bedroom is behind the kitchen, it was CRjr bedroom that was in sight of the front door? I would post a picture from the baby shower that shows a hallway behind the kitchen but it has other people in the pic so I do not think that is allowed.

It's been awhile, but, I know that there was a screened porch on the back and it let into a dining area or did so at one time. There was a built on area too, iirc, and I am not sure who used that as a bedroom. Whoever's bedroom JW went to first, I think it was from the outside screened porch. Very little noise. Little Chris hiding does seem to go along with him hearing commotion of some kind, even if silencers were used. I can't get over them killing a 16 year old kid, in the plan, as a means to get what they wanted. We know JW has admitted to killing five. There were three at DR's home that night. So that's why I think he killed FR and HHG. It took all of them at the trailer and only one at FR's wit the others for back up. I think G4 killed Garry b/c, again, IIRC, wasn't he associated with the larger caliber firearm? The other three will still be charged with the death penalty as they were there as active participants in JW's performance. May they all rot in jail. I'd rather them grow old and die in there personally.

I was really disturbed on reading that Dana was shot at close range under the chin. What a cowardly and cruel act to do to a woman who had done nothing to him but protect and give her daughter a safe home. Safe from him.
I was really disturbed on reading that Dana was shot at close range under the chin. What a cowardly and cruel act to do to a woman who had done nothing to him but protect and give her daughter a safe home. Safe from him.

And 4 times, methodically, on the right side of her head. Mean people did this.

"Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com" Rhoden family autopsy reports show 8 killings were methodical and vicious | wusa9.com

I agree, CC. It is very frustrating to those of us trying our best to support the victims and their families while we are being kept in the dark about what's going on. Most of the hearings' hours have been in chambers! Are the trials going to be the same way? I wonder. Thanks for all your posts.

Thanks for yours too!

Trials? If they even have any trials. Seems the trials are "up in the air" at this point.
Take George:

In 30 days from the plea hearing Canepa will disclose to George's legal counsel information about Jake's plea deal. I have a hunch Canepa will point out some of Jake's basic tesimony that will obliverate the defense strategy - which is to emphasize the evidence points to Jake not George, and that doing everything together never included murder.

Custody involving Jake's child, purchases made with Jake's rewards card on Angie's computer no proof George used the card or computer, photo of Jake holding a .22 taken from Jake's phone not George's phone, spying on Jake's ex girlfriend's Facebook along with Jake being the one who tried to choke her and threaten her not George. Angie is the one on camera buying shoes not George, and so on.

Now the tables have flipped. Jake is going to show that yes, there is plenty of evidence pointing to George.

And that yes, doing everything together does in fact include crime and domestic abuse as well as the escalation to murder. A family dynamic that over time is taken to the extreme.

What to do? Well the DP is off the table so why not take it to trial? He could plea and get LWOP or he could lose at trial and get LWOP....:confused:

Humm ... 2 Cents ...

Last edited:
I've been following the case sporadically from the start with long breaks. Forgive me if this has already been covered, I was under the impression that Chris Sr. got the new place for Dana and his 2 youngest children in anticipation of there being a custody fight over Sophia. The Wagners might have been able to claim that the Rhoden home wasn't suitable for a young child and gain custody, but the new place would thwart that argument. Could that be why the Wagner boys bought the Peterson Rd. place?

Since KR was shot in the left eye I'm wondering if it was done by a left hander? Isn't JW left handed? Being right handed it would seem I'd have to go out of my way to shoot someone in the left eye rather than they right.. IMO
BBM
Not if you were facing the victim. If you were facing the victim head-on, your right hand/gun would be directly in line with the victim's left eye. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998