Deceased/Not Found NY - Saniyya Dennis, 19, SUNY College Student, Buffalo, 24 Apr 2021

Has there been any more info about the shirt found? Is it linked to Saniyya? Was she wearing a black shirt? The elevator still shows her wearing a black sweater, black pants, black beanie, and something gold color - her shirt? Luna Island is a stone throw's away from the Nikola Tesla statue - about 250 ft or so.
No further info has been given. You can search on Twitter (latest tweets) for saniyya shirt for some context.

And that person made some very important and scary statements... and that person is not considered a suspect in this case.

I’m confused.
The person she was communicating with made some important and scary statements when?
To Saniyya on the phone? Or just in general about her missing? Or prior to all of this?

Father of missing Buffalo State student Saniyya Dennis speaks out

Byrd believes his daughter took an NFTA bus to Niagara Falls the night she was last seen on campus and may have walked down Old Falls Street to get to Niagara Falls State Park.

He thinks if the businesses on Old Falls provide surveillance footage from that night, it could make a difference.

He's hoping whoever was on the same bus as his daughter would come forward as well.

"I was told that they went to visit these establishments and asked them something simple like, ‘let's see your camera footage’ and I heard they didn't get really good responses from it,” Byrd said. “Either it wasn't open, they don't have cameras, or they don't have working cameras. I find it really weird that nobody from the bus or who was driving the bus actually stepped up to say they have been on that route."

saniyya_20.png saniyya_40.png

According to the NFTA trip planner, it's not possible for someone to leave Bishop Hall after 10:30 p.m. on a Saturday, taken the 20 to downtown, and then transferred to the 40 to Niagara Falls. The next 20 would have been from 11:18-11:39 p.m. to South Division/Washington. The 40 already stopped running by 11:40 p.m. (the next bus being at 5:58 AM).

If she was seen boarding at Black Rock Depot, the only way is taking the 32A northbound.

Father of missing Buffalo State student Saniyya Dennis speaks out

Byrd believes his daughter took an NFTA bus to Niagara Falls the night she was last seen on campus and may have walked down Old Falls Street to get to Niagara Falls State Park.

He thinks if the businesses on Old Falls provide surveillance footage from that night, it could make a difference.

He's hoping whoever was on the same bus as his daughter would come forward as well.

"I was told that they went to visit these establishments and asked them something simple like, ‘let's see your camera footage’ and I heard they didn't get really good responses from it,” Byrd said. “Either it wasn't open, they don't have cameras, or they don't have working cameras. I find it really weird that nobody from the bus or who was driving the bus actually stepped up to say they have been on that route."
I feel like it would be beneficial for all involved if the family & LE could find some way to "make nice" & work a bit more together. I may be imagining this but, it almost seems like the family wants people to chose sides (pro-LE or pro-family). I understand that they're upset and that they have some legit concerns about how quickly this case was addressed. (At least that's what I've heard from a cpl MSM stories.) ...but does it benefit ANYONE to hold a grudge? Maybe it's just me but it seems some parties here have a major chip on their shoulder.

I wonder what makes police believe she might be in the Hudson Valley. Ties there? What kind of ties would make them think she's there?

Yonkers is located in Westchester County, which is part of the Hudson Valley area. But the area is like six counties and absolutely massive. It really doesn't narrrow it down much.

ETA: map from Wiki
010F9875-CA5C-4570-B036-00169B7FA8C9.jpeg

I wonder what makes police believe she might be in the Hudson Valley. Ties there? What kind of ties would make them think she's there?
Now that it's been confirmed that she went to Niagara Falls, how would she get to Yonkers from there in the middle of the night and without using her phone? I'd understand it better if the police had an indication that someone gave her a ride. If there's a person in Yonkers she is close to, has that person been interviewed? Can they account for their whereabouts for the night she disappeared? Could there be more people involved that the police don't know about yet? Why would she stop all communication with her family?

The person she communicated with for an extended period of time, right until her disappearance, might hold a clue as to what happened. What were her state of mind at the time, her mood, her plans? Surely if she were in NF with someone else, she wouldn't have as much time to chat on her phone.

Last edited:
I believe the connection to Yonkers would be through her current or ex-boyfriend, the guy in her TikTok videos. Both his Facebook and LinkedIn state he is from Yonkers. However I think the way that news article worded things was a mistake. I haven’t read anywhere else that police think she is in Hudson Valley - maybe they meant she has ties to there? Either because of her ex or previously written articles about her being from the Bronx.

How far is Hudson Valley from Niagara Falls? Is that the direction she would go if she went in at the Falls? (Sorry, I hate typing that but I have no idea what it looks like up there).

Unfortunately, I have the feeling this will be a case similar to the LSU student's, Kori Gauthier, but I certainly hope not. :(

How far is Hudson Valley from Niagara Falls? Is that the direction she would go if she went in at the Falls? (Sorry, I hate typing that but I have no idea what it looks like up there).

Unfortunately, I have the feeling this will be a case similar to the LSU student's, Kori Gauthier, but I certainly hope not. :(

They're on opposite sides of NY state.
E080713B-DCD1-4AB6-B6C9-2E5FBB40D8F9.jpeg
Hudson Valley is extremely broad though. I have relatives in Westchester and Dutchess and they're bedroom communities (live there, commute to work). And the Bronx is extremely high density/urban.

ETA: I made a slight mistake because I thought her family lived in Yonkers but they don't, they live in the Bronx, south of Yonkers. Bronx is part of NYC, Yonkers isn't.

I’m confused.
The person she was communicating with made some important and scary statements when?
To Saniyya on the phone? Or just in general about her missing? Or prior to all of this?
That was unclear. If I had to guess, I'd say that they probably told police something that made the family worry. Perhaps they claimed that she sounded depressed or talked about making major changes in her life. If she was in danger, this person could have called for help. But then we have a casual brief exchange with a friend about medicine and a message to her mother, both with a promise of further interaction the next day.

They're on opposite sides of NY state.
View attachment 295826
Hudson Valley is extremely broad though. I have relatives in Westchester and Dutchess and they're bedroom communities (live there, commute to work). And the Bronx is extremely high density/urban.

ETA: I made a slight mistake because I thought her family lived in Yonkers but they don't, they live in the Bronx, south of Yonkers. Bronx is part of NYC, Yonkers isn't.

Oh! Well that's positive, then, right? I think?

I agree with you @andalso. Time for more info to be released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back