POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure that there are at least a couple of local reporters who are WS members, or at least troll the site periodically. Maybe one of them is savvy enough to take your idea and run with it...

@hawkshaw As a previous member of the media (reporter) I can attest that, in addition to being a seasoned detective, you would have made a great reporter as you certainly know how to construct the key elements of an article while keeping it interesting. Detectives and reporters have the same basic game: get the info, as much as you can, and present it in a specified proper format.

I always felt that the marginalization of Mallia’s effort was somewhat intentional. T.P.T.B. didn’t want this getting out (making things look bad on that lengthy island) so naturally they would not heap accolades upon him as we might expect. They certainly pick and choose who to applaud, why and when.

Hawk, as a previous member of the media (Queens reporter) I can attest that, in addition to being a seasoned detective, you would have made a great reporter as you certainly know how to construct the key elements of an article while keeping it interesting. Detectives and reporters have the same basic game: get the info, as much as you can, and present it in a specified proper format.

I always felt that the marginalization of Mallia’s effort was somewhat intentional. T.P.T.B. didn’t want this getting out (making things look bad on that lengthy island) so naturally they would not heap accolades upon him as we might expect. They certainly pick and choose who to applaud, why and when.

I believe it's plausible that Shannan was referring to brewer and pak when she allegedly said "they are trying to kill me". It is clear from consistent witness observations that she was in a scared, paranoid and likely a drug induced state. What/who scared her? The obvious answer is Brewer. It's well documented Brewer was/is a sex and cocaine addicted deviant who had a propensity for sex workers. Did he get carried away with sexually deviant behavior and cross a line with her? Common sense tells us they left to purchase more drugs. Could the new purchase have been laced with something in addition to the cocaine and caused a mental breakdown/confusion? Like Brewer told Pak when they went to the precinct to talk about Shannan, SCPD would not care about a missing sex worker, and sure enough he was right! Brewer and the other residents of oak beach wanted to protect their reputations, nobody wanted dirty laundry aired in their backyard. Thus, like John Ray said, they let the case go cold for well over a year before looking in the marsh, the most obvious location of Shannan based on her erratic behavior and proximity to the marsh. There is no doubt in my mind Joseph Brewer has a lot to hide.

Last edited:
Who were Brewer’s acquaintances? Was one of them Burke? How about Bissett? Did Brewer and Bissett know each other? John Ray has stated that he has evidence that Bissett had been a client of Gilbert’s. He also says he has an affidavit of eyewitness confirming that Burke and Bissett were seen together on more than one occasion at a particular bar/establishment.

Who were Brewer’s acquaintances? Was one of them Burke? How about Bissett? Did Brewer and Bissett know each other? John Ray has stated that he has evidence that Bissett had been a client of Gilbert’s. He also says he has an affidavit of eyewitness confirming that Burke and Bissett were seen together on more than one occasion at a particular bar/establishment.

There should be a big white board on some SCPD detective's wall that shows all the links and relationships between all the people involved, if in fact this is an active and ongoing case as SCPD claims. Has anybody heard or seen such a thing? Anybody?

I, for one, have not seen a whiteboard; but then again I wouldn’t be privy to since I’m not in LE...
Hopefully, though, the whiteboard exists and it’s filled w. names/connections.
On that note, when was the last time SCPD held ANY type of public briefing/press conference on status of investigation?

What the PD, namely that moron of a commissioner tried to tell you is SG was bipolar, drugged up, paranoid, hysterical and ran into the weeds and drowned or died of exposure. Somehow her tight fitting clothes got snagged on the brush and was torn off - NOW THAT IS FUNNY. She somehow drowned in water that couldn't have been much more than an inch, and somewhere while on her back on top of a bush somehow drowned. It gets funnier.

Tell me if my theory is more plausible: SG is in the home in her 'work' outfit ( nude or near it) and something happens that frightens her to where she runs out with her clothes in hand. She doesn't have enough time to put on the clothes and if she tries to put on clothes it would tell her captors she is out of here. Along the way in her escape she is frantic and one piece of clothing goes here and another there, and so it goes. Makes more sense, doesn't it?
I never bought the flimsy story that they gave. MOO anyway didn't the Tox report show no drugs or alcohol in her system?

When Michael Divers was killed in Centerport (8/15) the TEAM was quick to put out lies about the victim. One source said Divers died from excessive drinking and excessive use of Xanax.

As I recall the tox report on Divers put the number less than .02, or maybe two large beers. He spent the day on the beach and used the bathroom at the clubhouse where he was eventually killed. XANAX was NOT found in his system. I recall the autopsy reported the victim died when his heart stopped - heart failure. FLASH!!! Your heart usually stops when you die.

Check it out for yourself by googling Divers name. Then tell me who got the worst of it:,1.George Floyd 2. Errol Garner, or 3. Michael Diver

When Michael Divers was killed in Centerport (8/15) the TEAM was quick to put out lies about the victim. One source said Divers died from excessive drinking and excessive use of Xanax.

As I recall the tox report on Divers put the number less than .02, or maybe two large beers. He spent the day on the beach and used the bathroom at the clubhouse where he was eventually killed. XANAX was NOT found in his system. I recall the autopsy reported the victim died when his heart stopped - heart failure. FLASH!!! Your heart usually stops when you die.

Those 'medical incidents' can be fatal

Never did find out if DA played the tape for the grand jury - secrecy and all that stuff. If they did we don’t know what the DA said. Thought I’d mention it that one defendant testified in GJ with his lawyer sitting in to advise him. Guess who the lawyer is and who he reps a year or so later?

Just so happens the same lawyer tells a disbarred lawyer if he promises to stop talking to me he could file a 440 with James Hudson and get his felony conviction reduced th where he can apply for his license. Take a guess what that lawyer is doing now. He’s a judge!

During the time I was very active posting messages about Spota, Burke, and Hickey I came in contact with the lawyer I am talking about. He reached out to me and we began speaking to each other. A short time into that I realized the DA office was monitoring my phone calls. To what extent I didn't know.

At this time I suggested to him to me would soon be known to the DA. I suggested we not speak to each other. It seems as though he took my advice and we didn't communicate with each other.

About a year or so later my former son in law's brother, a lawyer told me the guy told him that I might actually be helping him get his license back. He said he was told that if he wanted his license back he had to promise NOT to speak with me or Newsday. I was stunned, not even I could believe it. The message was if he filed a 440 motion with the judge he plead guilty before, James Hudson, the felony charge would be reduced to a misdemeanor and he could request his license be returned. From the guilty plea to the 440 about 5 years had passed.

There is a provision that in certain cases a law license can be restored under a policy called a 'diversion'. lawyer atones for his sins, goes to rehab et.c, and if the appellate court finds it worthy the lawyer gets his license back. THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS CASE. He got it back because his charges were reduced.

This message was given to him by his lawyer - take a wild guess who that might be.

It became a major story in Newsday. They could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie