Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #54 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! This case is of course dear to my heart and I have followed many rabbit holes over the past year - I also have some intuitions about their family dynamics. This was not a normal family. Barry was always a powder keg, impulsive and scary. By obeying him and kowtowing to his every whim, Suzanne and the girls created a space for him to grow more and more malignant - it must have been awful for all three as it was going on, but it's like the frog being put into cold water and the heat turned on.

I believe this because I've seen it in other cases, but also because I've lived it myself. The abusive household is not a normal place. Suzanne had a lot of faith (religious faith) that things were going to work out - just as I did throughout much of my first marriage. I feel a bit embarrassed, still, that while I would never have told another woman "Just pray about it, God won't let anything happen to you" that's what I told myself. I knew if I told my parents what was going on, they'd say "Just pray about it for a while, I'm sure Husband is just stressed out - his job is stressful."

Suzanne was coming to an awareness of the situation she was in. With the threat of imminent death from cancer now behind her, she needed to work on how the rest of her life was going to go. Barry, OTOH, needed to figure out how to live his best life now that Suzanne wasn't dying.

Spot on , 10 of Rods!

Suzanne had not one, but two brushes with her own mortality. Likely enought to admit to herself she need not be a prisoner to her abusive husband any more.

I decided to check in on this case today at lunch, reading up to post #236 and then moved onto catch up on the Maya thread and saw someone post there about the arrest. Post 237 announces his arrest darn it! By the time I came back here there were 10 more pages!! I am SO happy about this, poor sweet lady deserves justice already. Too many murderous selfish psychopathic men out there.

Wondering the same...
I’m here! I’m here! Are we celebrating or what?! Is the gang all here?! Hi everybody!! OMG I had to take my MIL to doctor. I have a LOT of catching up to do. I got an alert on my phone while I was driving her home. I practically just slowed down and threw her out of the car when I took her home! Finally justice will begin for Suzanne! No bail!! Ha ha ha!! Waiting for this press conference to start.

Already told MassGuy and Gordian... I will be your boots on the ground at the trial... I will be there come hell or high water...

Thank you @NoSI! Sure do miss MassGuy and GK invaluable insight and their wealth of information into this and the many other cases that we follow here. Hopefully they’ll both return by Barry’s trial date.

Just my honest opinion..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members