Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what bothers me about it. I think not wanting or tolerating your partner watching *advertiser censored* is a perfectly reasonable boundary, but I think services like Covenant Eyes are just weird and pointless. Because if you have to babysit them and force them not to they're not doing it out of respect for you and your boundaries. Imo

The families I know who successfully use Covenant Eyes have a couple key similarities...

1. The offending spouse fessed up
2. The offending spouse asked for help
3. The Covenant Eyes is used as a back up and reminder to the offending spouse for when they are feeling tempted and weak.

I think the biggest thing is the offending spouse wants to be respectful of their spouse and stop. I really don’t think it would work for those who don’t care about changing.

Personally, I think I’d still have a zero tolerance with my husband.

According to Google it's fairly easy to override filters on Covenant Eyes and other monitoring programs. There's a bazillion hits for advice and instructions. In some cases it's as easy as using a different browser.

He set up a separate Linux partition to avoid the program (source). While that isn't terribly difficult, it would be very difficult for someone who has had limited and completely monitored internet/computer exposure for most of their life IMO.

I don't see how Anna can read this and and want that monster anywhere near her babies.Frankly I don't trust her to not let them be with him without supervision.

I agree. Some people, completely compartmentalize the behavior and can literally be in the next room, while pretending nothing is wrong. It is common with spouses who have been psychologically and emotionally abused.

While I don't give "Hedda Nussbaum" a pass. I still completely believe that she was so abused by her tormentor, she was completely passive and dependent. Hedda Nussbaum - Wikipedia

Watching *advertiser censored* is an addiction, and I have no doubt, especially with the psychopathology of pedophilia, this can't be "fixed". If Josh's babysitters have a computer....boom!

• Josh Duggar, 33, has pleaded not guilty to receiving and possessing child *advertiser censored* after he was arrested and charged in Arkansas last week
  • A Homeland Security agent testified the images found on Duggar's computer were 'in the top five of the worst of the worst that I've ever had to examine'
  • The agent testified they found 65 child *advertiser censored* images showing a young girl
  • They also allegedly found a two-minute video that showed a man performing sex acts on two young girls, aged between five and 10 years old
  • Two hundred child *advertiser censored* images found on the computer were located in 'unallocated space', which means someone tried to delete them
  • Investigators had seized Duggar's computer and cellphone during a 2019 raid on his now-closed car dealership, Wholesale Motorcars
Josh Duggar to be released on bail until his child *advertiser censored* trial in July | Daily Mail Online
"Top five of the worst of the worst." I hope they remove his kids from the home. Their Mother is willing to stand by him. Choosing him over the safety of her own children. If he did it to his own sisters,and cousin he won't stop there. <modsnip, insulting and argumentative> MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he should be around his own children even if Anna is there.
IMO.

Josh Duggar granted bail, must remain apart from family in ‘worst of the worst’ child *advertiser censored* case
The judge did decide he can have "unlimited" visitation with his children — as long as Anna is present at the time.

Smh.

He set up a separate Linux partition to avoid the program (source). While that isn't terribly difficult, it would be very difficult for someone who has had limited and completely monitored internet/computer exposure for most of their life IMO.
Kind of makes you wonder if he had someone advising him, eh?

I don't see how Anna can read this and and want that monster anywhere near her babies.Frankly I don't trust her to not let them be with him without supervision.
What's so heartbreaking is that Anna knew about Josh molesting his sisters two years before they got engaged and said, in part:
It was not at the point of engagement, or after we were married – it was two years before Josh asked me to marry him. When my family and I first visited the Duggar Home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn’t know why he was sharing it. For Josh he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was — even every difficult past mistakes. At that point and over the next two years, Josh shared how the counseling he received changed his life as he continued to do what he was taught. And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him… I was able to say, “Yes” knowing who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended.​
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/05/duggar-family-statements/

I get that Anna was naïve and accepted what was fed to her at that time but certainly she's matured since then and through her various sm - Twitter, Instagram, etc. - has been exposed to a more secular world. More than anything though, I expect her to have the courage to buck what she's been taught and told and instead fire up her mothering instincts to protect her children from abuse - no matter what the source.

IMO.

Josh Duggar granted bail, must remain apart from family in ‘worst of the worst’ child *advertiser censored* case
The judge did decide he can have "unlimited" visitation with his children — as long as Anna is present at the time.

Smh.

Interesting. Does the judge have any training in psychology? Does he know what a "Dependent Personality Disorder" is? Anna would do anything to please her husband.

IMO.

Smh.
Should have never been allowed to have children ever anyway, but to be allowed to see his own kids,and Anna bringing them to parade before him. I just can't. Seriously messed up. MOO

Kind of makes you wonder if he had someone advising him, eh?

What's so heartbreaking is that Anna knew about Josh molesting his sisters two years before they got engaged and said, in part:
It was not at the point of engagement, or after we were married – it was two years before Josh asked me to marry him. When my family and I first visited the Duggar Home, Josh shared his past teenage mistakes. I was surprised at his openness and humility and at the same time didn’t know why he was sharing it. For Josh he wanted not just me but my parents to know who he really was — even every difficult past mistakes. At that point and over the next two years, Josh shared how the counseling he received changed his life as he continued to do what he was taught. And when you, our sweet fans, first met me when Josh asked me to marry him… I was able to say, “Yes” knowing who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended.​
https://www.duggarfamily.com/2015/05/duggar-family-statements/

I get that Anna was naïve and accepted what was fed to her at that time but certainly she's matured since then and through her various sm - Twitter, Instagram, etc. - has been exposed to a more secular world. More than anything though, I expect her to have the courage to buck what she's been taught and told and instead fire up her mothering instincts to protect her children from abuse - no matter what the source.
Josh was showing his future wife and in-laws exactly who he was and they should have believed him. Normal parents would grab their daughter and run.

There's some interesting information about some of that, which I came across from those who like to snark about the family. Maybe as he got older, Josh became more interested in computers, and perhaps even had friends who were tech savvy??

Not surprised the monitoring system didn't work. I am skeptical enough to think the program is to soothe wives and mothers....while the men continue doing what they're doing because the program doesn't actually work.

jmo

It and others like it may well work as promoted on a computer with its factory settings ( Meaning nothing related to the HD or BIOS has been changed after the *advertiser censored* detection program was installed).

However, the partitioning of a HD is like a " clean wipe" of that segment of the HD. NO programs will transfer over if the original programs are not transferred over by the user.
In this case, the User was Josh Duggar, and we are around 99.9% certain we know why he did it.
Disclaimer for the Moderation here- Innocent until proven guilty.

And why do we trust he’s not going to be able to circumvent any precautions at his third party residence? And really? Full access to his kids if Anna is there? She’s completely under his control IMO.

<modsnip>
IMO, he's being set up with a plan to RUN, courtesy of Daddy. He could do almost anything he wanted in Mexico and Central America, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It takes longer to set up a hidden Linux partition which is what he did. Just downloading Linux itself would probably take about 5 minutes depending on what distribution he used and his internet speed.

Where did you read that the Linux partition was hidden? I may have missed that part. :)

While I am appalled and sickened by the testimony today, I think it’s important to note there has not been any evidence presented that suggests he physically assaulted his children, nieces nor nephews. I’m sure CPS will fully investigate.
While I am thankful that so far, we know of no crimes comitted against his own children, I do have to say that each and every child he viewed/clicked/downloaded/shared, was victimized all over again with every single click.

He's revolting and should not be allowed to walk free.

jmo

So we have learned some new info today but I’m still confused why it took so long to charge Josh!?

They didn't complete their investigation until late November. As I understand it, this was the " field" part of the investigation and not the " official" investigation with every t crossed and every i dotted for COURT.

Now, let's think, because no one is mentioning this: What happened to every human being on the planet in 2020 and is continuing even now?
PANDEMIC HIT very early in 2020. Our penal system was so overloaded with inmates and understaffed due to COVID to the point that prisons were RELEASING both NON-VIOLENT AND VIOLENT CRIMINALS into society. ( Where I guess they remain now if they survived prison Covid).

Granted, we do have to give Josh Duggar, "Innocent" until determined "Guilty".

However, Jared Fogel was accused of "Receipt of Child *advertiser censored*". And other charges. His wife filed for divorce the day he took a plea deal. I would make a bet that Anna Duggar won't.

While I am thankful that so far, we know of no crimes comitted against his own children, I do have to say that each and every child he viewed/clicked/downloaded/shared, was victimized all over again with every single click.

He's revolting and should not be allowed to walk free.

jmo

I agree with you completely, Ontario Mom. By viewing and downloading child sexual abuse materials, he is an active offending pedophile. He has victims. They are the children whose sexual abuse he was watching. JMO and everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AggressiveFruit