Found Deceased NJ - Ajay Sah, 22, Drew University in Madison, International Student from Nepal, 19 Jan 2021

Some info has stated that he left without his phone or that calls don't go through, but I'm puzzled with the picture of him seemingly holding up something on the bridge. It really looks like he's holding up a phone to take a picture.

I believe I've been on that AMTRAK route before. It's tons of commuters and you can really end up lost in all the people, especially once you get to Penn. Obviously, the first thought many would have is "How could nobody notice him traveling with just a backpack?" Lots of students go back and forth on that route (I'm assuming Keystone) and it wouldn't be anything strange. He would easily look like a kid coming back from home on a Sunday night.

About the Brooklyn Bridge: the Manhattan side has a lot of surveillance, but the Brooklyn side doesn't have as much. Still, plenty of bodegas and traffic cams must have caught him if he did indeed cross the bridge.

This is entirely speculation, but I wonder if he planned to disappear, that he would have planned around the snowstorm. That could be a way to help obscure his whereabouts.

Snow is melting at a fast rate, and piles are starting to melt. In a local story, a gentleman went out and was missing and was found in a snow pile across the street just now! So maybe they will find him in a snow pile or ? This is a head scratcher...

The latest article says he was last seen on the Brooklyn Bridge. Was he seen prior on the Manhattan Bridge? The two run fairly close to one another and both run from Manhattan to Brooklyn. Judging by the photo, it looks like the Brooklyn Bridge, which has a wooden walkway for both bikes and pedestrians. I'm rather surprised if he jumped, there wouldn't be any witnesses. The Brooklyn Bridge is by far the more "touristy" of the two. The Manhattan Bridge can be quite abandoned as far as foot traffic goes, especially at night in the winter.

From the pictures it very much looks like the Brooklyn bridge. But you don’t know where he went into Brooklyn, if he reached it. I find it odd there are not more cameras up there on the bridge.

So, in theory, if someone were to jump off the Brooklyn bridge, would the body be found? I don't know the tides in that area...

So he was found in the “Anchorage Channel” in Brooklyn, which I’m guessing is a tributary of the East River. Hope the medical examiner or coroner can tell if he sustained any injuries prior to ending up in the water—but I presume he had been in the water a while and thus it might be difficult or impossible to discern such things from the remains.

I also must’ve missed the news from within the last week or so, which reported his backpack had washed up on the shore in Sea Bright, NJ:

https://www.dailyrecord.com/amp/4930249001

Edited to add: the photo shown in this news article makes me wonder if Ajay might’ve accidentally fallen into the River while trying to film himself climbing the bridge. I don’t know if he was interested in this kind of thing, but there are hundreds of videos on YouTube shot by people as they cross large bridges NOT via the footpath/walkway but by climbing up the structure itself or using the stairways/platforms intended to be used by professionals who are maintaining the bridges. The videographers almost always make their attempts at scaling bridges under cover of darkness, for obvious reasons. I dunno exactly what it is about the image that gives me this idea, but I can’t help but wonder if this could’ve been a death by misadventure.Authorities: Body of missing Drew University foreign exchange student is found in Brooklyn; death ‘not considered suspicious’ | Morristown Green

Thinking of his friends and family at this very sad time.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back