IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBC was just released on parole in SD in 19 March 2009. Aren't there restrictions in terms of leaving the state when you are on parole? I mean you can apply for permission via employment opportunities. That would be on record like when he was granted permission to move back to Indiana.

<modsnip>
I heard something about this yesterday. If you are released and do not contact your patrol officer they would not necessarily know the person is in their county. As far as we know, he is not listed in a sex registry. His brother made a comment that he has been in and out of jail since his teens. Since he is a repeat offender, his first violation may have been expunged or reduced down. Simply, a warrant is issued once he does not show up to the assigned patrol officer but will lag if detected at all because you may not know he is living in a specific county. Since he is not in a sex registry and did not go to his patrol officer; the officers arresting him may have been unaware of his status because I am sure their focus was on searching. This would mean when the officers located the kidnapped child; they were truly reacting. You have some instincts that kick in and I am willing to bet that when we hear this will be the case. If he follows the rules then the system works if not then there can be gaps. Some of the accountability changes depending on federal vs. state. vs. local.

Adding this over here because there are so many convo's going on..

One thing...as far as his defense goes for the little girl at his house.
well there is none..and there are no mitigating circumstances that can help their client.

as a matter of fact he might as well be charged with murder, because the fact that she didn't die went entirely against his intentions, which were to kill her and conceal her body. God knows what all he has been doing with those dogs.

mOO

I have a guess at what his defense would be but it is so outrageous that it would just make people scream if I put it in words and it would not be credible, but I do have a guess.

Really? He was arrested for multiple alcohol related offenses, he posts about drinking, in all of his videos he is obviously drunk and slurring his words forgetting things. I think he is an out of control active alcoholic.

Being an alcoholic or drinking alcohol is not a defense to violent crime. Acknowledging his open alcohol abuse that's posted for everyone to see does not negate or mitigate his crimes. So I don't understand the rush to say this guy is sober when he's slurring his words on Facebook and TikTok everyday.

Totally agree. He has longtime friends posting comments worrying about his alcohol consumption. He makes jokes about another failed 12-step program.

No, it doesn't excuse a damn thing. He's a violent criminal and deserves to be locked up for the rest of his life.

It is confusing because he got protection orders against him in 2011. So it seems he had to be out of jail at that time?'
And he got married in 2012 in Indiana?

I really want to know where he was in July of 2012.
He apparently was in a halfway house in 2009 but it's not clear when he went back to prison. He left the halfway house on 12/5/10 and on 12/6 there was a warrant for his return to custody.

He was released on OR bond on 3/14/16 in Tippecanoe county.

So if he was in prison from 2000 to 2009 when he began supervised release, then was released from prison in 2016, that leaves about 2 1/2- 3 years that he was not incarcerated during that time. That might be from 2009 to 2012, or 2010 to 2013? Imo

Last edited:
Could you elaborate on what ideas you think are ingenious? Most of his posts seem very disjointed and disorganized to me...
I’m in data overload mode. I want to answer your question. I can’t right now. I’m physically exhausted. Mentally tired.
I’ve been in the zone too many days. I’ll make mistakes.

His verbal and written skill sets are low. He doesn’t know how to communicate with words. His music is his message. He has so much to say but he can’t get the words out. His dominant left brain uses his music and art to express himself. I’ve listened to most every song/album he has on his Facebook. For a solid week! almost 24/7. It’s a lot and they all have hidden messages that he relates to. His homeless way of life is by choice. He sits and builds his fire out in his special place of nature, his home. Solitude. His music and art consume his thoughts. The Dark Side of the City. The Dark Side of the Moon. They are his thoughts. Listen to his music on repeat for a week while studying his crimes. Discovering his cold crimes. His usage of ellipses are omissions of information. He uses ellipses as I do. I use them as - yes , there is more to conversation, I have so much more to say -or- you wouldn’t be interested anyway -or- I don’t know how to say what I mean.

Bumping ADMIN NOTE
—-
@Sillybilly ADMIN NOTE:

Please don't start trying to diagnose this individual.

None of us know him and none of us is qualified to render a diagnosis. It just starts derailing the thread with bickering over individual mental health issues that may or may not even be related.

Evil, crazy, unbalanced, etc .. yes !! But not known to be associated with a specific mental health issue. Leave that to the shrinks.

Generalized information is fine but please don't get into specifics of any mental health disorder that not only may not apply, but can be offensive to individuals who have such disorders but who are certainly not engaged in molesting or attempting to murder children.

Thanks.

—-

I saw a comment about the knife as well. But when I zoomed in really close to look at it, I thought it didn't look right. Like maybe the the knife was an optical illusion created due to the pattern of his shorts behind his hand. If it were a knife in his hand, it looks to me as if his thumb should be wrapped around behind the knife and the thumb shouldn't be completely visible. But when I look, I see his entire thumb and a color pattern behind his hand that looks like a small knife blade there.

I see the knife. I think what you are seeing that looks like his thumb *visible instead of behind* the knife is actually the reflection off the blade of his index finger. MOO

I believe he was convicted of aggravated assault twice. Once while being arrested, the other while prison. Judging by the court documents he was sentenced to 10 years for the 1st offence with 5 of that suspended but then they tacked on another possible 10-15 years because of the second offence. Not sure how much of that he had to serve.

I'm leaning on he wants to boast about his crimes. What good is it if he is the only one that knows about his accomplishments as he might consider them. Thing can't really verify that unless had more insight into his life. But I do think in one way or another he is subtly displaying what he has done. I guess I'm basing that on my belief this isn't his first such crime. I think it's out there just need to know where to look. Possibly at one of his camping sites , or possibly closer to home. Though he just recently moved into the place this last crime took place.

I'm leaning on he wants to boast about his crimes. What good is it if he is the only one that knows about his accomplishments as he might consider them. Thing can't really verify that unless had more insight into his life. But I do think in one way or another he is subtly displaying what he has done. I guess I'm basing that on my belief this isn't his first such crime. I think it's out there just need to know where to look. Possibly at one of his camping sites , or possibly closer to home. Though he just recently moved into the place this last crime took place.
And......It sounds like he prepared his basement to commit his crimes.
Something does seem like he might like to "brag" about his crimes. But I think he does so in a sneaky way where only he knows exactly what he's meaning. I have a feeling he gets a kick out of that.

And......It sounds like he prepared his basement to commit his crimes.
Something does seem like he might like to "brag" about his crimes. But I think he does so in a sneaky way where only he knows exactly what he's meaning. I have a feeling he gets a kick out of that.

So do I. Maybe a post here or there about something that may have just been said in passing I'd take as a coincidence. But all of the posts and pictures just seem like more than a coincidence to me. Red heads, train trestles, bridges, creeks, and knives. He's either involved or trying to cryptically look like he's involved.

Is it kosher to link as-yet unrelated cases here? Because when I saw this in the news today, my first thought was , “I wonder what all they’re learning from JBC right now.”
ISP: Man admits to stash of quarter-million images of child *advertiser censored*, ivory and ammo | WANE 15

Edit: The timeline is pretty tight on this and likely unrelated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member