NJ NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted @ Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland Co, 16 Sep 2019 #7

The contradictions are frustrating. Makes me doubt myself. I get it could be, in part, due to a combination of things, like language barriers and possibly poor reporting, to name a few, but it doesn't lend to anyone's credibility when it keeps happening over and over, IMHO. I don't know what or who to believe, either. I can only hope investigators have a handle on what's the truth and know what's what.
Language issues with Dulce’s grandparents is a possibility. I don’t think so with Noema.
I hope the investigators had better luck getting information than Dr Phil did on his program.
JMO

The FBI questioned the father "by phone" in Mexico after Dulce's disappearance. I don't understand why the local investigators couldn't do the same and investigate him as a POI at the time, and his family and friends who may be complicit in Dulce's abduction. They now feel they can do that based on the recent video. What stopped them from contacting him or investigating him before this video?

Not to point blame at the father, but at the time, I thought he and his family should have been investigated more thoroughly including their phone records and computer activity...and especially after she was never found.

“The FBI’s only talked to him a couple of times and he was in Mexico,” Gaimari said. “Local investigators here have not been able to talk to him, so, yeah, if it leads to us making contact with him and interviewing him … that would be a goal. "

Cops hope to speak with missing N.J. child’s dad after he posts birthday video online

The FBI questioned the father "by phone" in Mexico after Dulce's disappearance. I don't understand why the local investigators couldn't do the same and investigate him as a POI at the time, and his family and friends who may be complicit in Dulce's abduction. They now feel they can do that based on the recent video. What stopped them from contacting him or investigating him before this video?

Not to point blame at the father, but at the time, I thought he and his family should have been investigated more thoroughly including their phone records and computer activity...and especially after she was never found.

“The FBI’s only talked to him a couple of times and he was in Mexico,” Gaimari said. “Local investigators here have not been able to talk to him, so, yeah, if it leads to us making contact with him and interviewing him … that would be a goal. "

Cops hope to speak with missing N.J. child’s dad after he posts birthday video online

Being in another country makes it difficult to search the father's computer and phone records, but they definitely could have performed device searches of family members who are in the US, with probable cause.
It almost sounds like local authorities were satisfied with the FBI's questioning efforts of Dulce's father, probably based off of N's statement of him not knowing Dulce, and didn't have reason to talk to him further, until the video emerged, proving otherwise.

Language issues with Dulce’s grandparents is a possibility. I don’t think so with Noema.
I hope the investigators had better luck getting information than Dr Phil did on his program.
JMO

I respectfully disagree. Noema was raised in a household where Spanish was the primary language spoken. In interviews you can see how much longer it takes her to comprehend the questions and answer in English. She also has very few facial expressions. When she’s interviewed in Spanish, her answers are quicker, longer, and she’s more animated.

I'm not at all fluent in Spanish, so I cannot compare any of her interviews that were done in Spanish, but I felt that her ability to communicate (in English) with the operator during the 911 call seemed absolutely fine, especially considering it was a very stressful time/situation.

Her interviews with reporters in English after that 911 call seemed to be a bit more of a struggle for some reason. No idea why. Could be shyness, being better without a camera pointed at her, or it could be the differences in the types of questions, the 911 call being matter of fact type of answers such as when, where, clothing description, age, etc. whereas tv interviews after that 911 call were more emotionally based questions. Could be any number of things I guess. Language proficiency is somewhat subjective I guess too, so all of us will have differing opinions even regarding that, but I felt she was able to both speak and understand English just fine.

Man claiming he’s missing Bridgeton girl’s father posts video to YouTube

May 7

Bridgeton Police Chief, Michael Gaimari, confirmed that the man in the video is Dulce’s father and that the clips of Dulce in the video were taken prior to her disappearance.

He said investigators have not yet made contact with the father, but have reached out to federal authorities involved in the case.

Jennifer Webb-McRae, Cumberland County Prosecutor, said the YouTube video was brought to the attention of the prosecutor's office shortly after it was posted.

She declined to answer further questions citing that Dulce’s disappearance is still an open investigation.

Officials will not ask about immigration status if a resident is a witness in this matter, officials said.

NJSP just posted about a man who attempted to purchase a 2yr old. It’s Morris County, not near here. I’m incredibly bad with faces, but I thought the Morris Co sketch looks similar? I quickly scrolled through the comments and someone else asked the same question. Maybe it’s the hat though? The eye area isn’t similar to me. And Morris Co is estimated in his 40-50s and has a gold tooth. Morris Co was seen with two other men 20-30s...maybe Morris Co man is related to the younger man who took Dulce? (My theory has been that a relative took her - perhaps a distant one - and she’s in a loving home).

New Jersey State Police

Attachments

• 58635D1B-6E12-4DA2-A8B5-CE354824EF34.jpeg
    58635D1B-6E12-4DA2-A8B5-CE354824EF34.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 39
A man identifying himself as Edgar Perez, Dulce's father, posted a video to YouTube saying he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

"I don't know where she is," the man said in the video, noting that Dulce just turned 7 years old. "Just like everyone, I want to know where she is."

Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said authorities are investigating and trying to verify if the man is her father, according to
NBC10.

The FBI recently said new leads have emerged and the agency is "optimistic" it will eventually solve the Amber Alert case involving Dulce, who disappeared when she was 5-years-old.

Video Surfaces In Amber Alert Probe For 7-Year-Old NJ Girl

*can someone please translate song?

The video shows footage of Dulce with her dad taken in the years prior to her disappearance. He was deported in 2018 and is living in Mexico, according to investigators.

Dulce’s mother, Noema Alavez Perez, confirmed Wednesday that the man speaking in the video is Edgar Perez. The speaker is not shown.

“We’re just trying to verify it was him,” Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said.

“The images appear to show him, he said, “but we don’t know who made the video, so we’re trying to determine that. But, yes, we would like to open up more of a rapport with him.”
I think Dulce looks older than 5 (the age she was when she went missing) in the sections of the video where she's wearing the heart print top, she looks taller and slimmer than the cctv pictures of the day she went missing.
Obviously difficult to tell for sure from a video/photos though and MOO!

I just want this little girl brought home to her mother.

I also want this little girl brought home to the people who loved her and raised her.. her grandparents. Dulce's real mama was her grandma. She raised Dulce, and her commitment and love, and ensuing grief was ignored by the media as they only focused on Noema as Dulce's mother. I want Dulce brought home to her grandparents who raised her, and to Noema.

LE & Cumberland Co. Prosecutor keep emphasizing they are not interested in tipsters’ immigration status. My concern is that by the time a fearful tipster feels safe enough to provide information, it will be too late.

I know the likeliest scenario is that her body is somewhere near the park (I believe that general area is quite rural), but I’m hoping a well-meaning relative has her.

Has there been anything re: those odd letters postmarked from Ohio?

It's good to see there is a $75,000 reward for information leading to Dulce's return.

I am also following Summer's case, and it also makes me think of Dulce.
It's hard to think about these precious girls not being found despite rewards, possible witnesses, possible vehicle descriptions.

I can’t believe Dulce is still missing and yes we now have Summer also missing with seemingly no leads. So sad.

I am sure Dulce’s mother/grandparents would quickly be able to confirm if the video in question is Dulce prior to her disappearance due to clothing for starters…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back