Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The order granting enhanced media coverage specifically states the daughters could not be on camera. I think they likely were sitting in the jury box close to the camera so they were out of the picture. BM is also looking off to his right of the camera in the picture Skigh just posted, which would be the jury box.

That's odd because I looked and looked but did not see them. There were certainly no two people sitting together in the public area. The only people I saw in front of the railing were court personnel - and Barry.

I saw Lauren in the audience and about 5 other people, each sitting separately. I figured only journalists were allowed in. If the girls were there, they did absolutely nothing to pull attention and I was watching very intently. The view was basically Judge's eye view on the camera - so I find it hard to believe they were there.

ETA: It was not Lauren and I'm not sure how I thought that it was - but the daughters are certainly not there. I will not post a screen capture because, well, I believe the Judge thought there was not a camera on. But the public did get to see it - it was streamed live on more than one youtube channel and is still available on Chris's channel if anyone wants to watch.

The Daily Mail has reported that the daughters were in the jury box near the defense tables, and that video/photos of the daughters was forbidden.
Photos from the Daily Mail show BM in full prison garb -- striped shirt AND pants. And handcuffs.

Doesn't matter if he is cheap. If he has enough assets then he will be required to hire a defense lawyer to replace the public defender. It's a matter of his financial standing.
ETA: His financial dealings have been in very frugal fashion and it seems as if he doesn't like spending unneeded money, but he can't apply his frugality in this situation.

Yup! Only issue is he owns his own business so a little easier to fudge his numbers. But I'm hoping he has to fork out an arm and a leg for a private attorney.

https://twitter.com/beedieontv/status/1390351427734851592?s=21

Inside the courtroom, both daughters of Suzanne and Barry Morphew were present and showed support for their father. Holding up heart signs with their hands and mouthing ‘I love you’. Barry Morphew faces first degree murder in connection to his wife’s death.

I do not believe this was true. I've contacted Lauren (who says she was not in the courtroom) and sent her the screen shot. If the daughters were there, only the people inside the room could have seen them - it was not on the streamed feed. It's nearly all men, one older lady with short gray hair and one person whose gender I cannot determine, but looks male, sitting alone in the back row, along with a lady dressed in pink, with a pink hat (who I suppose could be a daughter, but she has the body of an older lady and doesn't look tall enough - back row, right hand side of court from Judge's eye view).

There was no going in and out of the courtroom during the hearing.

There are 5 total men in the picture. Everyone is socially distanced and masked, but the short lady in pink does not look like either daughter to me. And she shows no "emotional reaction" that I can see.

[ Prior to the hearing, his attorney asked the judge to reconsider a motion that was granted earlier to allow a camera in the courtroom. Morphew's attorney also asked that if a camera was allowed, that Barry Morphew be allowed to wear street clothes. The judge denied that motion.]
BBM
Suzanne Morphew case: Husband arrested on murder charge | 9news.com
Sorry Barry, wearing street clothes isn’t going to change the public opinion of you. You’re a monster whether in stripes or civvies!

Doesn't matter if he is cheap. If he has enough assets then he will be required to hire a defense lawyer to replace the public defender. It's a matter of his financial standing.
ETA: His financial dealings have been in very frugal fashion and it seems as if he doesn't like spending unneeded money, but he can't apply his frugality in this situation.

Hmmm. What makes you say he's been frugal? Trip to resort in Mexico, many trips to Indiana, new truck purchase. He showed few signs of frugality before this, as the house was extremely expensive per square foot, they had two range rovers, etc. That huge Ford Truck was probably nearly $75,000 - could be more, it has the full towing package, etc.

Those poor daughters....
they appear to believe in their dad. They have a long road ahead of them....
Or they might still support him and believe he's guilty. Suzanne's sister said she loved Barry even though he's done a terrible thing. His daughters may feel the same. I imagine they are feeling many mixed emotions right now.

Chris M (who I take with a pinch of salt) just made a comment which has made me feel warm inside. Barry has lost all control. He doesn’t even get to choose his clothing or what he eats for dinner, and this makes me happy.

https://twitter.com/beedieontv/status/1390351427734851592?s=21

Inside the courtroom, both daughters of Suzanne and Barry Morphew were present and showed support for their father. Holding up heart signs with their hands and mouthing ‘I love you’. Barry Morphew faces first degree murder in connection to his wife’s death.
MOO Barry Morphew will emotionally abuse his daughters from jail bc he’s such a sick narcissist! He could give them some peace along with SMs family by telling what happened/where SM is!

I believe they were on the left off of camera. He looked over that way when he came in and when he left.

Yes, I just rewatched a stream of the hearing and you can see them at the beginning and they have them move off of camera. Looks like M, M, and 2 older ladies were together.

Edit: BTW not my recording...one that is up on YT. (Hopefully the guilty parties remove them)

Last edited:
That's odd because I looked and looked but did not see them. There were certainly no two people sitting together in the public area. The only people I saw in front of the railing were court personnel - and Barry.

I saw Lauren in the audience and about 5 other people, each sitting separately. I figured only journalists were allowed in. If the girls were there, they did absolutely nothing to pull attention and I was watching very intently. The view was basically Judge's eye view on the camera - so I find it hard to believe they were there.

ETA: It was not Lauren and I'm not sure how I thought that it was - but the daughters are certainly not there. I will not post a screen capture because, well, I believe the Judge thought there was not a camera on. But the public did get to see it - it was streamed live on more than one youtube channel and is still available on Chris's channel if anyone wants to watch.

Take note that Colorado Law does not allow recording of court hearings for replay after the Livestream and any recorded replay is in violation of Colorado Law .

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage

@Sillybilly

Or they might still support him and believe he's guilty. Suzanne's sister said she loved Barry even though he's done a terrible thing. His daughters may feel the same. I imagine they are feeling many mixed emotions right now.

BBM. Yes, very possible. We have recently in my extended family had personal experience of such a scenario. Very difficult to navigate and fraught in every possible direction. And in this case BM is all they have left of their immediate family. Plenty of disentangling to do, hopefully they will have the support network to manage it in safety.

Somewhat O/T, but has BM been diagnosed with NPD? I'm a doc (though not a psychiatrist) and I'm a bit bemused by all the references I've seen to it in these threads, so was wondering if I'd missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88