Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they might still support him and believe he's guilty. Suzanne's sister said she loved Barry even though he's done a terrible thing. His daughters may feel the same. I imagine they are feeling many mixed emotions right now.

The bible teaching of "love the sinner, hate the sin" may help them cope during this horrific time.

42661850-9550667-image-a-116_1620321228728.jpg

That's a good look for him.

I've wondered if BM's planning in all of this started with the decision to move to Colorado to get Suzanne away from friends and family so she would be more isolated and make it easier for him to carry out his plans. JMO
My wife had a convo with BM and SM about two years prior to their move to CO - this move was their plan/dream at that point in time (or at least that's what they were both portraying to people). A lot can change in a couple of years (and certainly with SMs cancer, one might even expect it) - but I don't believe the original plan was to move to CO, isolate SM and murder her. JMO, MOO.

He said that after the arrest was public yesterday during his live YouTube video.

He wasn’t that explicit about the five but that is how I interpreted it also.

It would make sense given all the cadaver dog activity.

Maybe he moved SM with his bobcat to various places he did work and used the work as cover. We know of three places that the dogs hit: 1. Job Site 2. Property that he sold 3. Trees planted near PP.

He also towed that bobcat around with him a lot, possibly so often that LE couldn’t keep up with when he was using it and when he wasn’t. And also to keep anyone from getting too close to it when he wasn’t around.

Given the 164 search warrants, it’s possible LE was all over the spots Andy searched well before that search happened which is why they weren’t super interested with the exception of the property that BM sold. Maybe that was the fifth location that a cadaver dog hit.

I've wondered if BM's planning in all of this started with the decision to move to Colorado to get Suzanne away from friends and family so she would be more isolated and make it easier for him to carry out his plans. JMO
I think he was likely always controlling and manipulative. I don't think he planned the murder that far in advance, though. I think there came a point in their marriage where Suzanne no longer adored him and he realized he could not control her any longer. Imo

I could have sworn I saw the girls in the Jury box on Chris's site in the beginning and they moved. IMO
Jurors are not permitted to be filmed in the Courtroom and I believe they purposely sat in the juror's box for that reason. Unfortunately -- it took a few minutes for camera operators to comply with the EMC order and they were on camera for a very short period. However, it's also a violation of Colorado Law for Chris to record and replay any Colorado courtroom Webex hearings and replay them.

...I don't believe the original plan was to move to CO, isolate SM and murder her.
Yet, that's exactly what he did. Just going by his actions...

Also, I don't think that the kids want to think the worst of their Dad. Most kids unconditionally love their parents. It takes a lot to change that love.

I believe, if he is found guilty, they will choose to believe that he was railroaded or that it was a tragic accident that caused their mother's death.

JMO.

My wife had a convo with BM and SM about two years prior to their move to CO - this move was their plan/dream at that point in time (or at least that's what they were both portraying to people). A lot can change in a couple of years (and certainly with SMs cancer, one might even expect it) - but I don't believe the original plan was to move to CO, isolate SM and murder her. JMO, MOO.

There are also times in a bad marriage, when you go along, to get along and get through.

IMO

I’m sure CCSO/CBI has the information of when the large amount of chlorine was purchased by Barry. Can’t wait to get more info.
Agreed.

There has to a a plethora of evidence in the AA.
But I'm patient, and do not want anything to jeopardize the trial !

I do believe there'll be a trial, and that Barry won't take any deal offered.
It's not like he's going to spare even his own children and poor Suzanne's own family... from a prolonged and painful trial.
He's going to fight to the bitter end, b/c LE have got it all wrong--- the same way they 'mishandled evidence and let at least 10 persons touch the bike'.

I just wish Suzanne could be found and respectfully laid to rest !
MOO.

Also, I don't think that the kids want to think the worst of their Dad. Most kids unconditionally love their parents. It takes a lot to change that love.

I believe, if he is found guilty, they will choose to believe that he was railroaded or that it was a tragic accident that caused their mother's death.

JMO.

Where one parent is killed by another, I believe it is very common for the children (even adult children) to remain in denial and believe the killer parent is innocent, for the reasons already discussed.

There was a case near me where the mother of four teen and pre-teen kids went missing. Locals and police all knew there was a history of DV and suspected the husband killed her. He had even bought a pet incinerator. It went to trial and he got off on a procedural technicality. His kids stuck by him the whole time, even when he moved his (male) lover into their home after the trial.

These two poor girls have probably been under the shadow of gaslight all their lives. At the moment BM can still sell a ‘she was abducted/I’m a victim too’ type of story, but how will they reconcile that when the evidence comes out? I like to think people can recover from this sort of trauma/life experience to the extent they can go on to have secure relationships and some happiness in their lives. Is that possible, does anyone know?

Thanks, @Hoosierfan72 for sharing your insight. I'm sorry for your wife and your community that the worst fears about BM have been confirmed by his arrest. I also don't think the plan to murder SM was formulated in Indiana. There are numerous photos on SM's social media of her and BM vacationing in Colorado-- years prior to their relocation. I also recall reading in MSM when their daughter awarded a college scholarship and she named Western Colo Univ as her destination --long before the Morphews headed west.

"The courtroom was quiet; the few news media in the room spread out among the benches due to COVID-19 restrictions. The defendant’s adult daughters M****** and M***, seated in the area normally filled by a jury held tight to each other. Both began to cry as their father was led into the courtroom in orange-striped jail attire and shackles."

May 6 Arraignment , The People versus Barry Morphew - by Jan Wondra - Ark Valley Voice

I feel so incredibly sad for the young ladies.

Agreed.

There has to a a plethora of evidence in the AA.
But I'm patient, and do not want anything to jeopardize the trial !

I do believe there'll be a trial, and that Barry won't take any deal offered.
It's not like he's going to spare even his own children and poor Suzanne's own family... from a prolonged and painful trial.
He's going to fight to the bitter end, b/c LE have got it all wrong--- the same way they 'mishandled evidence and let at least 10 persons touch the bike'.

I just wish Suzanne could be found and respectfully laid to rest !
MOO.

I agree 100% with everything you said. I think BM is gonna ride this to the bitter end, even when it is overwhelmingly against his best interests to at the very least, explore a plea bargain. Scott Peterson, Mike Peterson, Drew Peterson, Fotis Dulos, Patrick Frazee, etc etc ad nauseum.

Oh my giddy aunt, there are an awful lot of self-centered, selfish wife murderers who will never admit anything.

They had been together since they were very young, I would not be surprised if Barry was Suzanne’s one love in her life. They raised two children together, and I believe that Suzanne may have felt that marriage was for eternity. If circumstances, say an employment opportunity or a new fresh start might present themself, a dutiful, loving wife might agree to something that she had hesitation about. Plenty of people move for a spouse. I wonder if Suzanne ever lived in fear of him-did she ever believe he could kill? For some reason, I feel like she saw the good in him. Maybe not enough to stay married to him, or obey him when she had had enough. I do feel on some level this is all about money.

JMO.
Certainly the kids are victims of this, too, and shouldn't be disparaged for supporting their dad - or BMs mother for doing the same. I agree that they will probably continue to do so regardless of the evidence presented (and is also why I don't think we'll see a confession out of him, even with an offer of a reduced sentence). JMO.

I suspect that in some ways Barry is a penny-pincher. He probably researched and knew how much he would be spending, and calculated that he could wait to retain counsel until after this stage. Along with a bit of bravado on his part thinking he was home free. Is there a possibility of bail?
i wonder if he was expecting bail to be set and him released of an arrest took place.

Barry Morphew appears in court charged with wife Suzanne's murder | Daily Mail Online

5/6/21

The couple's two daughters, Mallory and Macy - one of whom is under 18 - were present but the judge, in a written said that they were not to be pictured.

The two girls put on a strong show of support for their father inside the courtroom; they mouthed 'I love you' and made heart signs with their hands.

Morphew's lawyers tried to limit media coverage of the hearing and they also asked if he could appear in plain clothes. Judge Patrick Murphy denied his request.

The judge held him without bail but said he could continue to have communication with his daughters. He will return to court on May 27.

Certainly the kids are victims of this, too, and shouldn't be disparaged for supporting their dad - or BMs mother for doing the same. I agree that they will probably continue to do so regardless of the evidence presented (and is also why I don't think we'll see a confession out of him, even with an offer of a reduced sentence). JMO.
No one here has disparaged them, but have been supportive.
Eta : Thanks for your response and I feel like BM has put everyone he has come across-- through total h3ll.
It's unfathomable, tragic, and so disgusting. :(

Also agree with your post, that they will back him; and hence, no resulting confession and leading LE to her body.
Sad because it may mean Suzanne's remains will never be recovered and will languish possibly out in the elements.
I find that sad and disrespectful.
Suzanne deserved better.
Imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics