Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. What makes you say he's been frugal? Trip to resort in Mexico, many trips to Indiana, new truck purchase. He showed few signs of frugality before this, as the house was extremely expensive per square foot, they had two range rovers, etc. That huge Ford Truck was probably nearly $75,000 - could be more, it has the full towing package, etc.
Didn’t Barry help purchase housing for his mom?

Under Colorado Law - the accused charged with murder are held without bond until their guilt or innocence is determined. They are not eligible for bond.
Connecticut needs the same law and it should include conspirators. (Thinking of Jennifer Dulos, who disappeared May 24, 2019 and whose remains have yet to be found.)

ETA: the part about conspirators.

WOW! That’s another $53,000 to add to ole Barry’s self-defense fund! Why do I not think the company had 9 full time employees making $28k+ annually? Of course I suppose that could be averaged out, with BM earning a huge salary personally and the balance paid out to “contract-type” workers. Btw, BM now has $53,000 of our tax dollars in his bank account. That p*sses me off a little!
Just a little insight regarding the PPP loans.
In order for the loans to be fully forgiven, all paperwork proof of retaining said employees and adherence to the rules must be submitted prior to loan forgiveness. One of the stipulations is that no one can be paid in access of 100K yearly out of PPP monies.
Even if the loan is not “forgiven” it’s still a loan at 1% interest rate, so still a bargain.

Brainstorming a bit here ....
What do you all think that LE have on Barry to arrest him with such serious charges ?
First degree and with deliberation, aka premeditation ???

Feel free to respond, Tia.

Here are some theories :

---BM texted the wrong person or said the wrong thing as in : "I'm free/single/widowed now."
Sounds waaay out there; but I remember Scott Peterson saying he was single or widowed to his mistress, while Lacy was still 'missing'.

---BM taking too many suspicious photos of a certain location out in the wilderness ?

---BM said the wrong thing to someone and they went to LE with it ? Not a confession but some sort of admission ? (i.e., "Listen. It was a mistake and I panicked.", etc.)

---BM 's already known actions ?
Although this one I question.
Because as much as we know already, it doesn't seem like enough proof to charge w/1st degree.

---Graphic:
Evidence found and tested during a search warrant, and it now came back positive for dna or decomp ?
However if that were the case, I'd expect the arrest to have come sooner.

---BM's neighbors or someone at the hotel had CC footage that was damning ?
Again in that case we should have seen an arrest a bit earlier.

I know if and when the charging docs are released, we'll know more.
Still so thankful it has happened.
I think no matter what --- BM is going down !

Imo.

Last edited:
Take note that Colorado Law does not allow recording of court hearings for replay after the Livestream and any recorded replay is in violation of Colorado Law .

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

Colorado Judicial Branch - 11th Judicial District - Homepage

@Sillybilly
You know a whole lot more than I about these matters, but I believe today’s hearing was changed at the last minute from “virtual “ to “ in person”. The order on page 4 item 7 says that the one outlet allowed a camera is responsible for distribution to the media pool. That sounds like they are allowed and expected to share with public IMO.
All of the Denver and Colorado Springs stations are showing video on TV and their website now.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...rest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf

I saw the tweet from LS regarding the friend she tried contacting who the Deputy said was “busy”. This has been confirmed by CM (The Interview Room) as a BM “girlfriend” of about 6 months that Chris has confirmed. 3 sheriff deputy cars were at her residence on Wednesday.
But yet the daughters still love and support him the judge didn’t allow photos of the daughters but said they loved him when he walked in the courtroom and gave heart symbols with their fingers. They must like the GF too. He didn’t wait too long after Suzanne went missing to get a GF. Very weird.
Home | Daily Mail Online

I unfortunately have to go outside now and wont be able to watch press conference. Will be back here to read all of everyone's input.

P.S. I had been absorbed lately in the developments of Abby/Libby; hoping their killer is found next and soon!!

.... Whatever happened to Suzanne's phone, it was certainly used by her at some point in the past week (IMO) and then stopped being used. It would have pinged the cell tower in the Monarch pass area (it's not true that there's no cell service near Puma Path - the youtuber from Arizona has proved that).
@10ofRods sbm bbm Sorry, not sure I'm following the bbm. SM's phone, used in "the past week"--- week prior to now? Or??? TiA.

That's odd because I looked and looked but did not see them. There were certainly no two people sitting together in the public area. The only people I saw in front of the railing were court personnel - and Barry.

I saw Lauren in the audience and about 5 other people, each sitting separately. I figured only journalists were allowed in. If the girls were there, they did absolutely nothing to pull attention and I was watching very intently. The view was basically Judge's eye view on the camera - so I find it hard to believe they were there.

ETA: It was not Lauren and I'm not sure how I thought that it was - but the daughters are certainly not there. I will not post a screen capture because, well, I believe the Judge thought there was not a camera on. But the public did get to see it - it was streamed live on more than one youtube channel and is still available on Chris's channel if anyone wants to watch.
i saw the daughters. they were sitting where the jury usually would. at one point a bailiff brought them a box of kleenex. i also thunk i heard them cry. Also- was that BM’s mom sitting behind him? sure looked like it. she snapped a pic on her phone when the hearing was over and BM was standing up waiting to go back to his cell.

^ - something found by the new owners of the big house. Previously overlooked. Or new owners doing some renovation or remodeling work, during which something was discovered. Possibly outside in the grounds, or in the crawl space
- a redheaded mole
- after deeper forensic investigation of electronics, certain incriminating searches

His arrest comes despite the fact that investigators have not found Suzanne's body.

In a press conference held Wednesday evening, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze and District Attorney Linda Stanley defended their investigation from criticism that it has taken almost 12 months for detectives to make an arrest, and insisted that their case was strong.

The pair admitted that they do not know Suzanne's cause of death, but implied that they have knowledge of an 'incident' that led to her killing.

Barry's arrested affidavit remains sealed amid the ongoing investigation, and he has retained legal counsel ahead of his court appearance.

Court documents posted online show that all three charges are for offenses dated May 10, 2020, the day Suzanne disappeared. This indicates police believe she was murdered that day.

If convicted of first-degree murder, Barry faces up to life in prison.

Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online
bbm

I do not believe this was true. I've contacted Lauren (who says she was not in the courtroom) and sent her the screen shot. If the daughters were there, only the people inside the room could have seen them - it was not on the streamed feed. It's nearly all men, one older lady with short gray hair and one person whose gender I cannot determine, but looks male, sitting alone in the back row, along with a lady dressed in pink, with a pink hat (who I suppose could be a daughter, but she has the body of an older lady and doesn't look tall enough - back row, right hand side of court from Judge's eye view).

There was no going in and out of the courtroom during the hearing.

There are 5 total men in the picture. Everyone is socially distanced and masked, but the short lady in pink does not look like either daughter to me. And she shows no "emotional reaction" that I can see.
you can see the woman on the left hand side of the screen consoling and rubbing one of the daughters’ arms or back.

You know a whole lot more than I about these matters, but I believe today’s hearing was changed at the last minute from “virtual “ to “ in person”. The order on page 4 item 7 says that the one outlet allowed a camera is responsible for distribution to the media pool. That sounds like they are allowed and expected to share with public IMO.
All of the Denver and Colorado Springs stations are showing video on TV and their website now.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/11th_Judicial_District/Chaffee/cases of interest/21CR78/EMC order 05_06_21 advisement.pdf

Yes from what I've seen they are using KUSA-TV stream. Webex is the one that cannot be recorded or streamed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member