Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting! I hadn't seen that yet. She certainly appears to be a bit younger. What in the world did she possibly see in that idiot? JMO
In a word, his secrets: intel for the Daily Mail. Setup for their cameraman, but also maybe to get BM to spill the beans. I wonder if it worked...

I hope a certain youtuber realizes this. Of course, if he doesn't plan to spend a lot of time in Colorado, perhaps he doesn't care. But by now, I'm guessing that several other youtubers have taken the footage.

It was livestreamed by the Court itself, in this case - I think the youtubers who streamed it were surprised. They were hoping for audio and got the full deal. Then the Judge actually said out loud, "The camera in this court has been turned off." So I thought it would go dark - but it didn't.

It might have been good for the people in charge of tech at the Courthouse to have that scrolling across the WebEx display - it could be done. Because...well, now lots of people have it. I suspect we will see very little in future.

In this case, the WebEx may be considered part of the official court record - which is supposedly public. I'm sure they'll just issue warnings if they catch any of the youtubers.

I disagree. If not for Covid, there would be no WebEx virtual hearing in Colorado Courtrooms based on Colorado Law.

Before joining a WebEx court session in Colorado - the following warning is issued prior to joining the court session, and it's permanently posted on the website of each Judicial District.

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

What part of recording, reproduction, or live streaming, via any means ... a remote hearing is strictly prohibited is difficult to comprehend?

This order applies to joining any hearing via WebEx -- and not to be confused with the Court Order approved late this morning granting EMC for one pooled camera in the courtroom - and footage shared/distributed to MSM networks.

Advisements and Arraignments are the only exception to cameras in Colorado Courtrooms. -- Otherwise, it's long understood that hearings and trials in Colorado are by Twitter. :)

Tyson claimed Barry was spotted at a bike shop digging through the trash. Is Poncha Market a bike shop or a convienence store? I was sure it was the latter, so I'm curious why he called it a bike shop. For that matter, NG said it was the dump so... that was also weird.
I heard a couple of such statements that seemed more like mis-statements when I listened. I speed the replay up to 1.5 times faster than normal if that helps anyone. :)

On the YouTube feed that I watched, I believe that I saw the two daughters enter with an older woman with white hair and someone else. The daughters have long, dark hair now. They were seated in the jury box area.

The prosecutor came over and told them to move down (presumably out of the view of the camera). You could still see the one daughter with her bottle of water I think that it was the older of the two. I heard one of them crying at the end.

If it wasn't the daughters, it was two young women who were about the daughters' ages with an older woman seated in the jury box area. The younger one even leaned over and rubbed the older sister's leg as if she were trying to comfort her.

I trust your perceptions, Bunny. I think the edges of the screen were cut off in the browser view I was using - although when I went back to watch again, I may have started after they came in (the older woman who I believe to be Barry's Mom was already seated).

Good ears you have (there was a lot of dog and kid commotion at my old homestead today).

I am actually very glad to hear they were there. They should stand by their dad in this process, given that the family has been taught and believes in forgiveness and they do not know the evidence, yet. This is the start of a very long, awful year for them. I can't even imagine. Right now, they still need him and they need a direction to take their feelings as it dawns on them that their mother was murdered, and their father stands accused.

For real, it's all happening, they can't ignore or deny or downplay any of it.

Anyway, thank you for the additional auditory information.

hoping his truck is new enough to have a factory-installed GPS maybe LE subpoenaed this info on the date she went missing
Yes, I’m sure LE has gps data from Barry’s truck. I read he actually inquired around town about ordering a new replacement computer for his truck. I’ll try to find the link.

I disagree. If not for Covid, there would be no WebEx virtual hearing in Colorado Courtrooms based on Colorado Law.

Before joining a WebEx court session in Colorado - the following warning is issued prior to joining the court session, and it's permanently posted on the website of each Judicial District.

Colorado Virtual Courtrooms

NOTE: Except for the official court record, recording, reproduction, or livestreaming, via any means, of any portion of a Remote Hearing is strictly prohibited. Violation of this provision may result in the imposition of sanctions including contempt of court.

What part of recording, reproduction, or live streaming, via any means ... a remote hearing is strictly prohibited is difficult to comprehend?

This order applies to joining any hearing via WebEx -- and not to be confused with the Court Order approved late this morning granting EMC for one pooled camera in the courtroom - and footage shared/distributed to MSM networks.

Advisements and Arraignments are the only exception to cameras in Colorado Courtrooms. -- Otherwise, it's long understood that hearings and trials in Colorado are by Twitter. :)

But there was a livestream. The "if not for COVID" makes no difference. They ought not to have made it a public livestream (period, full stop) if they did not want the world watching it - which the world did. By now, tens of thousands have viewed it.

I don't think you are getting what I'm arguing. "Except for the official court record" (I am arguing that the livestream was in fact officially produced by the court, even though the court apparently didn't intend to - they ought not to have done it). Then, apparently thinking they were only streaming the audible component, they streamed the whole thing. How can a judge hold someone who is trying to stream the audio accountable for the fact that the Court also included the visuals?

What the law intends to disallow is someone coming into court and livestreaming, recording etc on their own. This livestream was actually streamed by the Court - and a bunch of people tuned in to listen (several youtubers) and got the full thing.

Sorry if already posted:

Two deputies remain outside #BarryMorphew condo in Poncha Springs. Evidence tape is over every window and door of the home.
@FOX21News

12:20 PM · May 6, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

E0ukyDjVoAAU5hY

E0ukyDpVIAMEhMg

I think it's entirely possible the GF had a discussion with LE.
If she did, it'll be interesting to learn who went to who, to initiate that discussion.
I so hope it was her.
It does seem unusual they'd be shielding her as described, unless they were protecting a witness.

jmo
I personally think LE was in the process of “questioning” the girlfriend when LS tried talking to her. BMs condo is locked down tight with 2 deputies guarding the place. The daughters nor the gf are allowed entrance into the condo right now.

I trust your perceptions, Bunny. I think the edges of the screen were cut off in the browser view I was using - although when I went back to watch again, I may have started after they came in (the older woman who I believe to be Barry's Mom was already seated).

Good ears you have (there was a lot of dog and kid commotion at my old homestead today).

I am actually very glad to hear they were there. They should stand by their dad in this process, given that the family has been taught and believes in forgiveness and they do not know the evidence, yet. This is the start of a very long, awful year for them. I can't even imagine. Right now, they still need him and they need a direction to take their feelings as it dawns on them that their mother was murdered, and their father stands accused.

For real, it's all happening, they can't ignore or deny or downplay any of it.

Anyway, thank you for the additional auditory information.
I think that different YouTube people had different views. I watched the Jay for Justice one after I watched Chris McDonough. I went to the very beginning before the hearings started and watched who came in.

Jay seemed to have a wider screen/view than what Chris had. Chris was doing a split screen in the beginning before the proceedings began. Jay had the full screen the entire time.

JMO.

But there was a livestream. The "if not for COVID" makes no difference. They ought not to have made it a public livestream (period, full stop) if they did not want the world watching it - which the world did. By now, tens of thousands have viewed it.

I don't think you are getting what I'm arguing. "Except for the official court record" (I am arguing that the livestream was in fact officially produced by the court, even though the court apparently didn't intend to - they ought not to have done it). Then, apparently thinking they were only streaming the audible component, they streamed the whole thing. How can a judge hold someone who is trying to stream the audio accountable for the fact that the Court also included the visuals?

What the law intends to disallow is someone coming into court and livestreaming, recording etc on their own. This livestream was actually streamed by the Court - and a bunch of people tuned in to listen (several youtubers) and got the full thing.

Recording of Webex for CO courts has nothing to do with this particular case. It literally was made for people to be able to show up for their court cases virtually. It's always been illegal to record it. Just because this case is high profile doesn't mean these laws should change. That particular court room would stream all day virtually like that for people to be able to pop in and out for their cases. The reason the court room view is made accessible is some lawyers will show up in person for their clients who still appear virtually.

It literally gives you a warning before entering the webex that it's illegal to record/stream, IMO if you (not you specifically) can't grasp this then you shouldn't be on there.

As of now, LE have said they don't expect there to be any more arrests.
I suppose that could change in the future.
I envision Barry doing most if not all of this crime -- by his lonesome.
Imo.
Agree, I don’t think he had help. He planned and executed said plan by his lonesome bc he’s so smart. He might have tricked a TN and possibly GD into errands that facilitated the coverup, but I feel they were unaware of that at the time. MOO

There absolutely was. If you watched the beginning the 2 daughters with 2 older ladies were in view on the camera, they moved them off camera rather quickly.

They moved them out of the audience area and into the jury box. The entire public audience area was visible throughout the hearing (and before and after). The area off camera was not the audience area.

In every major court room, there is a public area, and no member of the public is supposed to go beyond that rail into the area where the Judge is (which we could not see). We would see a corner of the jury box (which only approved people can sit in). Obviously, no one sits in the judge's chair except the judge.

I am not speaking about the jury box. It is a special, non-public area and the judge approved the daughters to sit there. Which is unusual. But compassionate. Still...since the judge thought there was no video on (he so stated), it's still an unusual move that enabled them to be close to their father on this terrible day for the entire family.

OTOH, it also meant that Barry could see his daughters' grief and their reactions (which is why, typically, the defendant is seated so that he cannot see the audience area...) Barry gets to sit in his cell and think about his daughters' reactions. Obviously, this practice won't continue through trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998