IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I was mentioning.
That's why you joined right? That's what you said.
This is just so off somehow.
Something is not right. Those nails are groomed and for a very long time for a girl of her age.
Makes me super uncomfortable.

I looked at both of these hands and I agree something is off. The lower hand looks like the tips of the fingernails have been elongated and are blurry and on my laptop a lighter shade than the arm. The other is darker with the proportions seeming off. The knife is just weird. The whole thing is weird.

Bringing this over from the media thread because Admin Tiff23fr did such a great job with it.
Ok. I'm feeling like an idiot here but, ... is there a Dummies Guide for how to navigate PACER? I keep striking out with those links even after I created an account and have spent time trying to pull up info. (or maybe it's time to call it a night and try this again with fresh eyes in the morning.)

Yes, I think he must have gone back towards the end of 2010. According to his record a warrant was issued for his return to custody on 12/6/10. Then he was released in Tippecanoe County in 2016. Imo
This is where I am confused.

His girlfriend took out a restraining order in 2011-against him.

And he got married ---albeit briefly---in 2012.

So I think he was paroled in 2011, but was arrested again in 2015:

12/6/10: Warrant issued for return to custody (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/12/11: Memorandum in request of release Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/18/2011: appears he was paroled Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
10/8/2015: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf
1/26/2016: Updated profile pic on Facebook

[ ^^^ from Tiff23fr , linked 2 posts above]

I agree 100% Just recently the husband to one of my close friends was arrested for a rape that was committed in back in 2000. The moment I heard of his arrest I went into shock. His bail was set at 1 million dollars!

After reading an article that went into detail which he admitted to, I am still dumbfounded! Never in a million years would I defend him or what he has done but I have remained silent about this on any platfor until now. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since his arrest.

People who find out people are monsters should do into shock. Yes I can see some defending their loved ones but I can also see the side of it where people have no idea what to think (like myself) so they don't say anything because of guilt.

I have so much guilt like many of my other friends like we should have realized something was off but we had no idea. I have training in analyzing people when I am conducting interviews of loved ones who are related to/ know someone who is missing.

How his family came right out and said what they did without even being in a state of shock or denial is very alarming in itself to me!

I find this really telling. Usually, we here a litany of excuses and denial from the immediate family and friends of these perpetrators - "oh he could never, he's a good boy", "he's the nicest guy", "there is no way he's great", etc., etc. It's unusual for the family to be so adamant about his potential for this which makes me think it's even more likely this is definitely not his first offense of this nature.

This is where I am confused.

His girlfriend took out a restraining order in 2011-against him.

And he got married ---albeit briefly---in 2012.

So I think he was paroled in 2011, but was arrested again in 2015:

12/6/10: Warrant issued for return to custody (Source: Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/12/11: Memorandum in request of release Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
1/18/2011: appears he was paroled Public Access to Court Electronic Records | PACER: Federal Court Records
10/8/2015: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf
1/26/2016: Updated profile pic on Facebook

[ ^^^ from Tiff23fr , linked 2 posts above]
It does seem like the marriage was "brief" but, did you find a divorce record with an actual date? I've found the marriage license & some other info that seems to imply a separation (maybe more than once) but haven't found a date for a divorce. ...and of course I wouldn't sleuth a party I wasn't supposed to sleuth to look for more info on their SM accounts. (I would guess that doing so would likely only lead to more confusing info anyway. :) )

I agree 100% Just recently the husband to one of my close friends was arrested for a rape that was committed in back in 2000. The moment I heard of his arrest I went into shock. His bail was set at 1 million dollars!

After reading an article that went into detail which he admitted to, I am still dumbfounded! Never in a million years would I defend him or what he has done but I have remained silent about this on any platfor until now. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since his arrest.

People who find out people are monsters should do into shock. Yes I can see some defending their loved ones but I can also see the side of it where people have no idea what to think (like myself) so they don't say anything because of guilt.

I have so much guilt like many of my other friends like we should have realized something was off but we had no idea. I have training in analyzing people when I am conducting interviews of loved ones who are related to/ know someone who is missing.

How his family came right out and said what they did without even being in a state of shock or denial is very alarming in itself to me!

BBM

That was my immediate reaction!
Wouldn't a loved one respond with questions, disbelief, protection, denial?
But not his family.
Heck! Even a coworker was having a hard time wrapping his brain around it!
But not his family.
It speaks volumes imo.

It does seem like the marriage was "brief" but, did you find a divorce record with an actual date? I've found the marriage license & some other info that seems to imply a separation (maybe more than once) but haven't found a date for a divorce. ...and of course I wouldn't sleuth a party I wasn't supposed to sleuth to look for more info on their SM accounts. (I would guess that doing so would likely only lead to more confusing info anyway. :) )
I can't find a divorce record.
Is it always recorded?
I don't think marriage records need to be.

I’m trying to figure out when and where he lived in Rapid City, SD.
Maybe for example Brandon South Dakota , sometime around 04/2012. Possibly before. For example suppose there was a small claims suit that was mentioned in a newspaper article . And that article mentions a bank in Sioux City SD, and that the defendant lived in Brandon SD. But possibly when the article was written he may of or not been still living there . That is just an example. It is hard to say for sure one way or the other.

Did JBC ever live near Abbigale or Libby back in 2017 ?

To me the phrase "Guys down the hill" struck me as something someone would say that knew the party they were saying it to. Not like a stranger telling someone to "GET" down the hill or something to that effect. Maybe he didn't have internet access at the time or didn't want to use it. I heard somewhere that around that time February 2017 he didn't post for a good month so maybe he had access. I don't know. Or didn't want to use it. And if he knew Abbigale or Libby may not of wanted to be traced talking to them on-line, knowing it might be traced.

Last edited:
He was denied parole in Feb 2015. So he must have been back in between 2012 and Feb 2015.

https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsFebruary2015.pdf

Yes, I wish we knew when he went back in. The 2 girls in Evansdale were killed in July of 2012. Abducted in broad daylight at a park, same age range as the Delphi victims. Possibly a similar MO, although their bodies were transported further away.

10/8/2015
: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf

I’m still waiting for any former wives, fiancées or girlfriends to come out of the woodwork…

This has been my primary thought as well....

Why is NO ONE coming forward... to share some facts,..or just get some limelight...

This is one of the strangest thoughts I have so far... that no one is speaking out...including updates from LE.
I am sensing there is pressure coming from nLE to stay quiet... which does me to lead that there is much more going on besides the kidapping of the 9 year old girl.

Maybe for example Brandon South Dakota , sometime around 04/2012. Possibly before. For example suppose there was a small claims suit that was mentioned in a newspaper article . And that article mentions a bank in Sioux City SD, and that the defendant lived in Brandon SD. But possibly when the article was written he may of or not been still living there . That is just an example. It is hard to say for sure one way or the other.
*Thank you

Yes, I wish we knew when he went back in. The 2 girls in Evansdale were killed in July of 2012. Abducted in broad daylight at a park, same age range as the Delphi victims. Possibly a similar MO, although their bodies were transported further away.

10/8/2015
: Parole hearing (appears granted to transition to Indiana) https://boardsandcommissions.sd.gov/bcuploads/ParoleBoardDecisionsOctober2015.pdf

Community Transition Program in Rapid City, South Dakota

below article for reference
Slipping through the cracks | KELOLAND.com

https://doc.sd.gov/documents/adult/Community Transition Program.pdf

Rapid City Minimum Unit :: SD Dept. of Corrections

Offender Locator :: SD Dept of Corrections

Adult Corrections :: SD Dept. of Corrections

*407 N 9th Ave
Brandon, SD 57005

Last edited:
This has been my primary thought as well....

Why is NO ONE coming forward... to share some facts,..or just get some limelight...

This is one of the strangest thoughts I have so far... that no one is speaking out...including updates from LE.
I am sensing there is pressure coming from nLE to stay quiet... which does me to lead that there is much more going on besides the kidapping of the 9 year old girl.

Perhaps they have been, but not in MSM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member