Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The protection order is mandatory for ALL criminal defendants pursuant to CRS Section 18-1-1000 to protect victims and witnesses.

I don't think the order lifted. The daughters told the DA they wanted contact with BM and BM was ordered to maintain civil communication with them and any violation of the order would be subject to a misdemeanor charge and a no contact order.

That's what I don't understand. If there is a mandatory 'protection order' to protect the daughter's, who are potential trial witnesses at this time, how can the judge allow him communication with them now?

On "It's a Crime" segment last night, Linda (the host) said that a criminologist told her that the crime scene was most likely being reenacted during the 11 days that the PP home was being held.

If this is the case, they had to have found some evidence of a crime, IMO. I believe that Chris M. (and, maybe, Mike King) have said more than once that "Suzanne never left the house."

JMO.
Occam's Razor in action.

Everything he needs to enact and conceal the predmeditated crime, undisturbed, within the weekend time frame is right there.

Last edited:
The protection order is still in place, this was discussed by the judge yesterday. The judge warned BM against harassing, intimidating, or threatening his daughters. The PO is standard in capital cases in CO. See previous posts in the last thread or early in this thread.
Okay, thank you and Seattle for explaining.

UGH, I had hoped he would be blocked from communicating with them so they could begin to get some separation and clarity.

The protection order is mandatory for ALL criminal defendants pursuant to CRS Section 18-1-1000 to protect victims and witnesses.

I don't think the order lifted. The daughters told the DA they wanted contact with BM and BM was ordered to maintain civil communication with them and any violation of the order would be subject to a misdemeanor charge and a no contact order.
bbm
Interesting clause, there.
Barry will not be allowed to threaten or coerce them.
We don't know what's in the AA, but the judge does; and knows what Barry's past actions are & what he could be capable of.

Also -- I'd imagine any communication will be monitored and recorded ?
Whether in-person visits, facetime, or phone calls/texting ?
MOO

I would put money on the fact that BM had a blepharoplasty. I looked at a before abd after; no amount of push ups or weight loss can make your hooded eyelids go away!

I'm eager to see which attorney represents him as we move forward. In the LS interview with the neighbor it was implied that BM is and has been doing work at the condo complex. This too will be interesting to find out.

In reference to the raw footage of BM being arrested, the large object in the bed of the trunk looks like a roll of astroturf or carpeting. Has anyone else been able to discern what it was?

I thought it looked like a rolled up carpet as well. Might want to luminol that. Just in case.

I believe that was about the time of the sale of the PP residence, right? If I recall correctly, SM/BM had a longtime Realtor friend that worked with them for many years. I think this woman could be the same person. It follows that she could have been in town for the sale. Personally, I'm not a fan of borrowing drama when it's not warranted but I guess it adds another hour to a YT episode.

I'm more interested in the female friend that LS was trying to interview -- reportedly, LE vehicles were seen at her residence the evening BM arrested. MOO

BBM:
I believe you’re exactly right. It would make sense that a long time realtor friend of the Morphew’s might come to help out with the PP sale and the family moving to a new location.

JMO

Okay, thank you and Seattle for explaining.

UGH, I had hoped he would be blocked from communicating with them so they could begin to get some separation and clarity.
bb
Ita.
We have no idea how they may have been controlled.
Since Suzanne's sister said they (Moormans') hadn't had communication with them for over a year-- I'm wondering if Barry filled their heads with falsehoods about Suzanne's family ?
Sad ... if this is the case !
Imo.

I have always suspected BM of liquidating his assets to pay-off debt and probably form some sort of trust for the girls because he knew this day could possibly happen. He probably loves his girls very much and is trying to give them as much as he can in case this happened. Also planning for them all to leave the country in case he wasn't arrested. These girls have been pampered and protected their entire life. It will be difficult for them. I hope they are close to BM's Mom for their sake.

Noting your comment about him possibly planning to leave the country.

It seems so very inappropriate for him to have taken the girls to Mexico, especially during these Covid shutdowns, after their mother's disappearance. I have to wonder if we was looking for a place to move to and possibly bought something while down there.

That's what I don't understand. If there is a mandatory 'protection order' to protect the daughter's, who are potential trial witnesses at this time, how can the judge allow him communication with them now?
Ita.
However, IF those communications are recorded, maybe LE are hoping Barry will slip up and say something ?

Last edited:
If I were them, that is definitely what I'd be doing, with the intent of filing a wrongful death suit so that at least a substantial portion of those assets could be set aside for the daughters' needs, including college costs for the younger (and possibly the older if she plans to pursue any post-graduate degrees).

Unfortunately, I think a "wrongful death" civil action is generally put on the back burner until the criminal proceedings occur, but perhaps some action related to obligations under guardianship could be pursued, so half of the marital assets could be frozen. Just as the law has established that life insurance proceeds cannot be used to benefit the murderer of the insured-deceased, so it seems that assets gained through guardianship should not be used to benefit the person accused of the "incapacitated's" murder.

I understand the noble intent here but intervention by the Moormans is not possible pursuant to Colorado law which does not recognize SM's siblings (or her parents, if living) as victims eligible to file a civil, wrongful death claim against BM. The only exception for the victim's parents to have standing would be if the victim, SM, had no children. In this case, only SM's daughters can file a claim against BM.

If I were them, that is definitely what I'd be doing, with the intent of filing a wrongful death suit so that at least a substantial portion of those assets could be set aside for the daughters' needs, including college costs for the younger (and possibly the older if she plans to pursue any post-graduate degrees).

Unfortunately, I think a "wrongful death" civil action is generally put on the back burner until the criminal proceedings occur, but perhaps some action related to obligations under guardianship could be pursued, so half of the marital assets could be frozen. Just as the law has established that life insurance proceeds cannot be used to benefit the murderer of the insured-deceased, so it seems that assets gained through guardianship should not be used to benefit the person accused of the "incapacitated's" murder.

Dear @Diddian,

Thank you for your informative post!

I'm wondering whether a "wrongful death" civil action (as you mention) followed by a Motion brought before the Court to freeze his assets is in the works, in case he has joint accounts (perhaps with his girlfriend of 7 months).

Even if just one of the daughters wants to file - that would be beneficial for both of them, for university, a house, etc (as others have mentioned).

The daughters don't both have to agree to file a wrongful death suit. Just one can go ahead and file it.

Perhaps he has designated a Power of Attorney - who is not one of the daughters. There are many concerns and I hope that there is something to be filed soon to freeze these accounts.

Who knows with this guy what he planned.

Nice photo of SM and sister

https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1390669314714263558?s=21

#suzannemorphew and Melinda share the same birthday, April 30! She told me Suzanne was her gift when she was 15-years-old. Suzanne would have celebrated her 50th birthday last week. #findsuzanne

ICYMI: “I want the world to know that my sister was the darling of our family. She was the rose among thorns, that’s what I used to call her.” Listen to the raw interview with Melinda, Suzannes sister after learning of #BarryMorphew arrest here: bit.ly/3uut45U❤️

Well I’m glad others noticed this.
The teeth jumped right out at me when I saw that picture. I did the same, went back and looked at the old photos to compare and for sure, BM’s sporting new teeth. I thought his face looked “tighter” in that picture also, could be the lighting, but I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if he’s also had some Botox treatments done lol, and Smdh.

IMO, BM is shallow, all about appearances, very vain.

Fake hair, Fake tan, Fake teeth.
Fake Alibi.
Fake Husband. Fake Man.

Suzanne outclassed BM, and was way too good for him, God bless her sweet soul.
Justice is coming dear Suzanne.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
Sadly, BM's yet another narcissistic sociopath. I had no idea there are so many out there.

bbm
Interesting clause, there.
Barry will not be allowed to threaten or coerce them.
We don't know what's in the AA, but the judge does; and knows what Barry's past actions are & what he could be capable of.

Also -- I'd imagine any communication will be monitored and recorded ?
Whether in-person visits, facetime, or phone calls/texting ?
MOO
Didn't an article state it would be a controlled visit? Whatever that means. Perhaps meaning someone appointed to be there also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288