Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
To apply for a Public Defender you must submit an "Application for Indigent Determination". If it is approved, there will be a "Journal Entry" indicating "Indigent" in your Court Case Files.

Court Case Files can be accessed via
Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

JMO, MOO - IANAL!
Reisch (Crime talk) was saying there is some automatic access to public defender when first arrested, ie if someone demands a lawyer but doesn't have one yet, he said they get a PD for a few days to handle that first hearing, then the PDs are replaced with the defense lawyer the accused chooses. That's the way I understood him. He was on profiling evil that first day when the subject came up.

I know Suzanne had an Apple Watch, and I am assuming an iPhone. If she had an iPad, she could have used that for texting as well. I enable texts on my iPad, and anyone with access to my iPad can hear the dings and read everything. I’m wondering if we are back to that theory of her deciding to leave him, and he wasn’t having it.

Based on her sister's comments about the last text Suzanne sent her, that sure looks like a real good possibility. :(

I wonder whether BM was spying on SM's communications. I can see my own text communications on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and it could be that BM was watching SM's private communications from another device she wasn't aware of that was synched up to reveal her text messages and possibly phone communications as well (if she was ever using WiFi to boost her cellphone signal). If they used a common iCloud account, that would allow this.

Great insightful post, @Diddian !

If he was watching Suzanne's private communciations - and - as we know, the most dangerous time for a woman is when she is planning to leave her abuser - that is frightening to even consider.

I am still so curious as to how the camping trip the girls took came about. Did B.M. arrange it or help them decide when to go?

So many of our questions will be answered during the trial.

Most importantly, B.M. is behind bars and I hope he never ever gets to step outside again in his life.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who reinforced to me that Suzanne was not sighted riding her bike on Mothers Day. :)

Re: the girls standing by their father ... we have a case (Karen Ristevski) here in Australia where exactly that happened.
Borce is sitting in prison now, having been convicted of the murder of his wife, Karen.

Their only child - a smart, educated 21-year old daughter - has never once wavered in her support of her father. None of us know what story he spun to the daughter. And her love for her mum is apparent, too.

Her continued denial is a mystery, but it was evident in an interview the daughter did that her mind just cannot go there. It cannot grasp her loving father killing her loving mother. And she directs the conversation away if anyone tries to push her on it.

Thanks to everyone who reinforced to me that Suzanne was not sighted riding her bike on Mothers Day. :)

Re: the girls standing by their father ... we have a case (Karen Ristevski) here in Australia where exactly that happened.
Borce is sitting in prison now, having been convicted of the murder of his wife, Karen.

Their only child - a smart, educated 21-year old daughter - has never once wavered in her support of her father. None of us know what story he spun to the daughter. And her love for her mum is apparent, too.

Her continued denial is a mystery, but it was evident in an interview the daughter did that her mind just cannot go there. It cannot grasp her loving father killing her loving mother. And she directs the conversation away if anyone tries to push her on it.
I was just a 1st grader when my mother died, and she wasn't murdered, the grownups all knew she was going to pass away. Our family lived far away from relatives, across the country and that was in the days of snail mail and shared telephone lines. I latched onto my Dad, I followed him around every minute I could, he was all there was, really. They would joke about how I was his shadow. I know the situations are very different, but even at that age it would probably have screwed me up for life had I lost him, too, in those first few years after she died.

BM must have laid such a head trip on those girls, frightening them into thinking they were unsafe at home, ( and that they needed him to protect them) and probably showering Mom with a lot of fake love after he murdered her (IMO).

Last edited:
I'm thinking the Honeypot looked like SM. It would be so delicious if this was a sting..
I am hoping Lauren is able to address the mystery redhead rumors. I think she has been pretty widely identified, and I think the truth may lie somewhere between a confronting friend and Barry’s new squeeze. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. Waiting for others to come out of the woodwork.
Snipped for focus, in one word: HONEYPOT

I wonder whether BM was spying on SM's communications. I can see my own text communications on multiple devices (iPhone, iPad, Mac), and it could be that BM was watching SM's private communications from another device she wasn't aware of that was synched up to reveal her text messages and possibly phone communications as well (if she was ever using WiFi to boost her cellphone signal). If they used a common iCloud account, that would allow this.
I find this situation to be more likely than not, especially, after hearing from Chris M. about how Barry bought a round trip airline ticket to unexpectedly check up on Suzanne when she was on a girls' trip to Florida one year.

He just shows up to check on her; and everyone (including Suzanne) was surprised to see him there. To me, that sends a strong message to one's spouse that you better always be watching because I could show up any place at any time.

I think that Barry is a cheater. I've always suspected that's why he was a volunteer FF. I felt that he used that position to get away when he wanted to do something on his own. A cheater oftentimes projects his behavior onto his/her partner. Barry seems like the type to keep tabs on his wife and spy on her with every device available.

:( I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like, to have your mom murdered, and your dad arrested for it. Especially if you have (in your understanding at least) a really good relationship with both of them.

And yet, that exact nightmare is exactly what BM and apparently in the Ristevski case as well, have handed their daughters on a silver platter.
This is the legacy daddy leaves you - taking both of your parents from you.
That's not love, that's the epitome of selfishness and not caring to guard the precious hearts of his daughters.

My heart goes out to the Morphew girls, and Karen's daughter.

I guess it doesn’t really matter, although I’m no therapist. Is is better to feel pain that your father killed your mother, or feel it because you hold onto the belief that your father is wrongly accused and behind bars? Does it matter to anyone but them in life? It’s all grief either way. I don’t know psychologically what the right answer is. It’s all terrible.

Chris McDonough mentioned Barry having two girlfriends at one time that he was playing against one another. One finally wised up, but the other one apparently stuck around. Both names have been mentioned on SM.
Snipped for focus....

Haven't guys figured out by now, it's a really bad idea to tick off a girlfriend if you've committed a crime? Case in point: all the ex girlfriends turning in Jan 6th insurrectionists to the FBI.

I still find the sudden about face by many YTers and LS last September interesting. Could BM have threatened or tried to "offer" something to LS? This possibly the last charge? Is reporting on news considered a public servant?

Snipped for focus....

Haven't guys figured out by now, it's a really bad idea to tick off a girlfriend if you've committed a crime? Case in point: all the ex girlfriends turning in Jan 6th insurrectionists to the FBI.
I once had a loan officer call me at work asking me if I knew where my (ex)husband could be found. He used his name. When I told him for whom he worked and where I thought that he lived, I mentioned that I was his FORMER wife. The man said that he knew that. So, apparently, former partners must be more willing to give up information on someone with whom they no longer associate.

I have thought about one of the two women turning on Barry. Both would probably have valuable information; however, a former "friend" would probably be more willing to provide crucial information.

I find this situation to be more likely than not, especially, after hearing from Chris M. about how Barry bought a round trip airline ticket to unexpectedly check up on Suzanne when she was on a girls' trip to Florida one year.

He just shows up to check on her; and everyone (including Suzanne) was surprised to see him there. To me, that sends a strong message to one's spouse that you better always be watching because I could show up any place at any time.

I think that Barry is a cheater. I've always suspected that's why he was a volunteer FF. I felt that he used that position to get away when he wanted to do something on his own. A cheater oftentimes projects his behavior onto his/her partner. Barry seems like the type to keep tabs on his wife and spy on her with every device available.

Wow. First I'm hearing this. Got a link?

I still find the sudden about face by many YTers and LS last September interesting. Could BM have threatened or tried to "offer" something to LS? This possibly the last charge? Is reporting on news considered a public servant?
Link below explains more about Public Servants.
Snipped from link and BBM:

public servant is generally a person who is employed by the government, either through appointment or election. Examples include, among others, police officers, paid and volunteer firefighters, health officers, the public works director and designees, city clerk and designees, code enforcement personnel, and other city personnel authorized to enforce city ordinances, statutes, and codes.

Public Servant Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#BringSuzanneHome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics