UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until that last sentence of the statement released I'd have been prepared to rule him out. But that last sentence is a puzzler and could be interpreted as we've got him but would still be appreciative of more information if you have it. Not sure what to make of it now hopefully we'll find out soon enough.

So from 'key to cracking the case' to nothing to see here...Move along?

Most odd.
Not quite.
‘It remains that we still need to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time between 1pm and 4.30 pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021, as well as anyone local who may have seen something out of place at the time or who came across someone who made them feel uneasy - such as feeling compelled to cross the road or change the route they were walking.
‘Despite identifying this individual, we are still keen to hear from those who have information that may help us.’
Anyone with information is urged to contact us on 0800 0514 526.
Witnesses and anyone with any other information, CCTV or dashcam footage are also asked to submit details online via Public Portal

Up until that last sentence of the statement released I'd have been prepared to rule him out. But that last sentence is a puzzler and could be interpreted as we've got him but would still be appreciative of more information if you have it. Not sure what to make of it now hopefully we'll find out soon enough.
They're looking for more.

Very surprised to see the development today with such a clear photo. The reason I suspect the police are interested in this person is because maybe they can confirm that he does not walk through Womenswold village, so they suspect he exited onto Pond Lane from the woods that road cuts through the next morning, suggesting he may have camped there that night as police presence at Akholt Wood the day before would have made it impossible for him to take that route.

I am not familiar with this area but it seems as odd place to walk if he does not have a car parked somewhere or is going to be collected, as there seems to be little public transport options this direction. Yet if this person really wanted to remain unseen why did they walk along the road and not through the fields.

If they’re really as baffled as they sound, it would imply that they don’t suspect a family member.

Looks like it. Back to square one.

I never would have thought for a second it was a family member or anyone close. Anything is possible I suppose but outdoors in a remote location got random attack written all over it for me.

Very surprised to see the development today with such a clear photo. The reason I suspect the police are interested in this person is because maybe they can confirm that he does not walk through Womenswold village, so they suspect he exited onto Pond Lane from the woods that road cuts through the next morning, suggesting he may have camped there that night as police presence at Akholt Wood the day before would have made it impossible for him to take that route.

I am not familiar with this area but it seems as odd place to walk if he does not have a car parked somewhere or is going to be collected, as there seems to be little public transport options this direction. Yet if this person really wanted to remain unseen why did they walk along the road and not through the fields.

Doesn't seem plausible that he could hide out overnight. Wouldn't there have been sniffer dogs and a police helicopter with infrared cameras scanning the area? There was a good few hours of daylight remaining on the day too.

So from 'key to cracking the case' to nothing to see here...Move along?

Most odd.

They won't tell us anything they don't think they need to. Police asked for possible witnesses to come forward in other cases (a lot of them in the case of Corrie McKeague) and they did the same as here, just updated when each person had been identified, but they didn't tell us any more than that.

But if this guy has given them useful information, then we should hear in the next 48 hours if they take someone into custody for questioning. Though they won't tell us details of that individual unless they make an arrest. Even if they think they have a good suspect they will still probably want to question them for 24 to 72 hours before deciding whether to file charges or release the person pending further investigation.

Not usually.
But they might if they thought somebody is in danger.
It's possible he had contact with the murderer, maybe hitched a lift with him, maybe he was in the park when the crime occurred and saw everything.
It's possible that the people who discovered her body described a man with a similar appearance being present at the time.
He's not a suspect unless Kent police say he is a suspect.
Kitty with respect, they most definitely would not post it if they thought he was in danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23