Found Deceased NY - Stevie Bates, 19, Manhattan, 28 April 2012 *found in 2020*

findsteviebates
reward-vertical1.jpg

Her remains have been located. Wrapped in a blanket and buried at a construction site. It’s not being reported on msm and she’s still listed in Namus so I’ll keep looking for a link to share.
Family shared the info on this link

Remains Identified Source:
https://au..com/f/please-help-stevie-bates-devastating-update?qid=45c08f6153ca6712abf70580c569d9f6

So when a young girl who went missing (and police refused to investigate) is identified, NYPD doesn't even announce the missing teenage girl was found murdered, and the murder victim's family has to now? Is this what "policing" is in 2021?

Exactly.. NYC has gone to $hit no joke... don’t even get me started..

This isn't an NYC problem, it's a police problem

it’s crazy! Last week we had a mother reach out to us for help because her son was missing, they told her he has a drug history and probably on a bender, they refused to take a report. Several days later police were called to a home that her son was last known to be at, his remains were found and it unable to be identified until the following day. The homeowner is now on the run for murder. Still nothing in the media. It’s incredibly frustrating.

Hi, I’m the cousin of Stevie Bates and would like to briefly say that after scanning this thread, it touches me to know there were many searching eyes, dedicated to uncovering new information and updating our family throughout the years. Because of this outpour of love and care, our family was never alone in this search. With the recent discovery of Stevie’s remains, we would like to properly lay her to rest and fund an in-depth investigation of her attacker. Because of the passage of time and gross inaction of proper officials, there is some difficulty processing a criminal case. However, our family is encouraging those following Stevie’s case to visit www.findsteviebates.com for updates as well as share and donate at
Please Help! Stevie Bates: Devastating Update, organized by Vivian Jones

Again, a huge thank you to the Websleuths community from Stevie’s family.

MAY 7, 2021
Mother searches for answers after daughter's remains found in Queens 9 years later - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
[...]

Close to nine years later, authorities were investigating the discovery of human remains at a construction site on Cypress Avenue in Glendale, Queens.

Craig Elka, a construction superintendent, was there when the discovery was made.

"In the bank about five feet down, the excavator pulled up a rolled up blanket, and he noticed something fall out of it," Elka said.

They were bones that had been there for years, confirmed to be Stevie's remains.

[...]

"Now we're just praying for a miracle, for someone to come forward, for justice to be served. For Stevie," she said.

Stevie's mom is desperate to solve this case. If you have any information, please call the police.

[...]

MAY 7, 2021
Mother searches for answers after daughter's remains found in Queens 9 years later - ABC7 New York (abc7ny.com)
[...]

Close to nine years later, authorities were investigating the discovery of human remains at a construction site on Cypress Avenue in Glendale, Queens.

Craig Elka, a construction superintendent, was there when the discovery was made.

"In the bank about five feet down, the excavator pulled up a rolled up blanket, and he noticed something fall out of it," Elka said.

They were bones that had been there for years, confirmed to be Stevie's remains.

[...]

"Now we're just praying for a miracle, for someone to come forward, for justice to be served. For Stevie," she said.

Stevie's mom is desperate to solve this case. If you have any information, please call the police.

[...]
From link, thanks..
''Surveillance video from inside the Port Authority Bus Terminal showed the 19-year-old arriving home in New York after a cross-country trip.

Then, she told her mom her next stop was meeting her boyfriend at the property he'd been squatting at, next to a cemetery that is now under construction.

"It was there, at that house," she said. "At that building. That's where she met him."

''The bus terminal could still offer clues.

"Who are the predators there? Who are the people talking to young girls? This is a big case and unfortunately, could lead to other women as well," Boyce said.

And what about the boyfriend?

"Speak to him. He needs another interview. Get a timeline of where he was that day," Boyce said.''

Wow so Klosterman was living at the same building where Stevie's remains were found? I was always under the impression he was living near Cortelyou in Brooklyn and Stevie went to visit him there

I’ve been thinking about this case for so long. It pains me to see what happened to her, and her family went so long without knowing what happened to her.

I definitely remember reading somewhere that she broke up with Klosterman before going on that trip, and she decided to go home when the car she was traveling in broke down. She lost her cell phone so she had to use a borrowed one to call her mother, and said that she was going to go to Klosterman’s house in Brooklyn to get her belongings and then go to their home in Yonkers. I’m not sure if it’s accurate, and I don’t even remember where I read it, but I’ll post the link here once I find it.

If the building he was squatting in was the same place her remains were found, then it’s highly likely he murdered her while she was there and hid her body with the blanket.

update: here’s the link https://prettydeathseller.com/2018/...ed-from-manhattan-why-has-her-case-gone-cold/

Not a person of interest in the case..... I’m still not convinced Klosterman had nothing to do with her disappearance, especially considering the location where her body was found.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back