Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #134

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the person on the bridge in Liberty German's phone video is wearing a hat. People that like to wear hats will wear hats. There might even be photos of them wearing a hat indoors.

I wondered if Abby and Libby's killer is someone who likes to wear hats.

It looks like the person on the bridge in Liberty German's phone video is wearing a hat. People that like to wear hats will wear hats. There might even be photos of them wearing a hat indoors.

I wondered if Abby and Libby's killer is someone who likes to wear hats.

I don't know.. if I didn't usually wear a hat/cap and I wanted to change my appearance.. I would wear a hat/cap. I'm not sure it matters whether the murderer likes to wear a hat/cap or not. We're not even 100% certain whether the monster on the bridge even had one on. The video of his face/head makes it just too difficult to make out. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what I've wondered.
The other thing I've wondered about is if LE has found trophies in his home. (of his crimes against children)

That is a great possibility, @kkdj !

He has such an arrogance about him, especially not showing up for court and having warrants against him. I wouldn't put anything past him.

When I looked at all of his outdoor photos, there are more than a few that, in his selfies, he has a smug, sort of proud look on his face. This has made me wonder whether he has hidden "trophies" in these areas.

It is a possibility that he "hid" some evidence or "trophies" in certain areas and would return there to take a selfie. Just a thought. I could be way off !

But then he can always revisit the 'trophies" just by looking at certain facebook photos.

This way he "has" trophies to revisit his crimes but they aren't physically at his home.

Did anyone else notice the "I did this but you will never catch me" sort of look on his face in some of his selfies?

I hope the L.E. check in those areas just in case.

These are just my thoughts and my own opinions.

The following is the Feb. 2021 video interview with (retired) F.B.I. Jay Abbott .

He headed up the Delphi investigation and his statements about "finding so much evidence" at the crime scene, and how the "signature" found there will point directly to the perpetrator are fascinating.

If anyone hasn't watched it, I highly recommend it. There is so much information in this 6 minute video:

He has such an arrogance about him, especially not showing up for court and having warrants against him. I wouldn't put anything past him.

When I looked at all of his outdoor photos, there are more than a few that, in his selfies, he has a smug, sort of proud look on his face. This has made me wonder whether he has hidden "trophies" in these areas.

It is a possibility that he "hid" some evidence or "trophies" in certain areas and would return there to take a selfie. Just a thought. I could be way off !

But then he can always revisit the 'trophies" just by looking at certain facebook photos.

This way he "has" trophies to revisit his crimes but they aren't physically at his home.

Did anyone else notice the "I did this but you will never catch me" sort of look on his face in some of his selfies?

I totally sense a haughtiness about him, yes.

I think the crimes were big moments in JBC's life, and I think he loves himself for getting away with the really big crimes (if we assume he is BG).

But, at the same time, I think he lives in the moment. While I see that he returns to places/themes he likes, I also think those posts likely say more about the moment and mood he is in at the time rather than clues to the past.

Just my impression. jmo

jmo

Yes, the smugness in some of his selfies, it's there. MOO.

Thank you! So if he were nearby - where there was internet reception - and he was scrolling through Snapchat to pass the time, he could have possibly seen the photo from the bridge, and he would recognize the bridge as he was right there. And then he could have proceeded to the bridge, entrapping his prey within that time frame.

Seeing JBC cruise Tiktok makes me think he does scroll through the current popular social media. In fact, we see a Tiktok video he made while sitting in his yard, so we know he uses social media outdoors. I don't think the leap is that big, but I understand others have dismissed any Snapchat connection.

jmo
Keep in mind that. if he was away from an electrical socket for any length of time, there would be an issue with keeping his phone charged.

I’m stuck on the tattoo. Has gray Hughes source stating there was a picture of JBC with that tattoo in 2016 been confirmed? Has Nancy grace’s claim that the 9 year old resembled Libby been confirmed? Has it been confirmed that the tattoo is of JBCs mother?

I can’t deny the fact that the tattoo eerily resembles both his mother and Libby. We don’t know that the 9 year old resembles Libby, but if so, maybe JBC has a “type” and that type is girls who resemble his mother, or possibly a sister?

Has anyone inquired about where he got any of his tattoos? Tattoos take a while and artists or other clients ask about the tattoo being drawn. I would be interested in seeking out his tattoo artists and see if Caldwell may have slipped anything about the meaning behind his tattoos. From my experience, people use the same tattoo artist for multiple tattoos and can become friends with them. Maybe through the years there’s something to piece together. Even the dates of that tattoos. I’m not sure... just something to look into.

only if LE had her phone and access to SC within 24hrs of her posting it. After that it’s gone.

I agree that this is true for users of SnapChat but I'm not so sure that the content is completely gone from the company's ability to retrieve.

I'm basing that on this: Law Enforcement - Snap Inc.

In particular their statement at that link about how they will cooperate with legal warrants and subpoenas and that they retain information on request for 90 days and then another 90 days with filed extension. Most crimes being investigated would not have warrants ready to file within 24 hours of a person's disappearance/death if SnapChat ended up being a factor in the crime, and yet in 2018 the company was responding to about 370 warrants each month and producing data on 83% of them (source: Colorado police turned to Snapchat to solve a drug murder). This tells me that they retain enough information in most cases to cooperate with LE.

In that article cited above, SnapChat cooperated with data about a man's planned drug buy arranged over Snap and his last known associates that he talked with on the app and the request wasn't filed until two months after the man's body was found, apparently.

In the Delphi crime, the SnapChat connection was known even before the bodies were even found. I don't know how quickly they found the phone after they found the girls, but I just don't see LE overlooking the fact that the person who killed them might have viewed their location information from that app since they were using it right before they were murdered. The FBI was assisting on this case from the beginning with all the resources on child abduction that their rapid response team brings to bear. So it's my opinion that if there was something to find within the SnapChat data, LE would have known how to find it and how to produce a warrant that Snapchat would comply with. If this was just the Carroll County Sheriff's department investigating, then yes, I would question it.

JMO.

I don't know.. if I didn't usually wear a hat/cap and I wanted to change my appearance.. I would wear a hat/cap. I'm not sure it matters whether the murderer likes to wear a hat/cap or not. We're not even 100% certain whether the monster on the bridge even had one on. The video of his face/head makes it just too difficult to make out. JMO

I eventually decided that BG wasn’t wearing a hat.... one pic looked like maybe a cap, another maybe a hood, but in what I thought was the clearest pic it didn’t look like anything but hair ... JMO, totally unsure really, it just kinda surprises me how everyone else thinks he’s wearing a hat

I eventually decided that BG wasn’t wearing a hat.... one pic looked like maybe a cap, another maybe a hood, but in what I thought was the clearest pic it didn’t look like anything but hair ... JMO, totally unsure really, it just kinda surprises me how everyone else thinks he’s wearing a hat

Amazing, isn't it? Four years on and I've never seen hair, but know there are plenty of people who do. moo

The following is the Feb. 2021 video interview with (retired) F.B.I. Jay Abbott .

He headed up the Delphi investigation and his statements about "finding so much evidence" at the crime scene, and how the "signature" found there will point directly to the perpetrator are fascinating.

If anyone hasn't watched it, I highly recommend it. There is so much information in this 6 minute video:

He also says that he is certain, and that Doug Carter feels the same way, that there is somebody out there who knows something, knows the person, knows something about the murder, that he/she may be afraid to come forward or may feel complicit in some way. Again, I wonder why do they feel so strongly about this - is this based on an educated hunch, and/or experience/past cases, or do they have a specific reason to think this? It sounds like to me this is perhaps educated conjecture, not sure. I mean, isn’t there the possibility that BG could have lived alone, or not confessed his crimes to anyone? Does this not happen often?

There’s the show, “Evil Lives Here”, which interviews family members of serial killers, their wives, children, etc. I am trying to remember if there were instances where some of these relatives didn’t know anything at all; perhaps they may have noticed things that were off, or can look back on things in hindsight and have a clearer picture...idk, I mean look at JC for example, IF he is BG, isn’t it possible nobody knew anything?

Again at the end he says BG has to worry every day if this is the day he is caught, that persons who may potentially know something circumstantially may give him away...

Was JC in a relationship on Feb. 17, 2017, or shortly thereafter?

Eta: thinking more about this, I wonder if they think he may brag about his crimes. This does happen.

Last edited:
I'm quite new to this case as I don't reside in US and I was hoping to ask for some opinions. 'The Shack' reference in the press conference, was that more seen as an appeal to a practicing Christian's guilty conscience? Or was there a shack of some sort on RL's property that played a part in these murders somehow? I'm sure that this has been discussed but there are a lot of threads and if I start from the very start I will never get back to even this point of the threads in my lifetime.

I'm quite new to this case as I don't reside in US and I was hoping to ask for some opinions. 'The Shack' reference in the press conference, was that more seen as an appeal to a practicing Christian's guilty conscience? Or was there a shack of some sort on RL's property that played a part in these murders somehow? I'm sure that this has been discussed but there are a lot of threads and if I start from the very start I will never get back to even this point of the threads in my lifetime.

Welcome to this thread.

The idea that "The Shack" was a coded statement to, or about, the killer or that it referred to some evidentiary part of the crime was addressed on the podcast Scene of the Crime, where police and family members of the victims were interviewed. Here's a link to the podcast: ‎Scene of the Crime on Apple Podcasts

In the episode Scene of the Crime: A New Direction, minute 50:10: Carter is asked, can he clear up his remarks regarding The Shack? Did the girls die in a shack? Carter's answer: "There was no shack." He further explains that when he saw the movie, he was personally affected and that the movie reflects his own values about morality and redemption and illustrates how a person might cope with loss through faith.

You will still hear others' opinion on this but for me, Carter answered it. It was his way of trying to help the
families and the members of the community who were still grieving and suffering deal with loss. The themes in The Shack just so happened to match his own worldview of how you can deal with grief through faith and he wanted to share that IMO.

Many years ago I said I thought the pics of BG on the bridge looked like a man with "Lego hair", when I saw the pic of JBC with the tennis ball in his mouth posted around the time of the murders I see the "Lego hair" again in a way (which is also a reddish brown, his face is also a bit more bloated / he's carrying a bit more timber then etc).
I can picture him with that hair and his head down crossing the bridge (possibly with a hoodie slightly up with that big floppy fringe falling forward - it makes me shudder, more than any other POI has done).
JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members