TX TX - Jason Landry, 21, enroute from TSU to home, car found crashed at Luling, 14 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not just surprised by what I've learned, but frankly shocked, and very humbled too by how ignorant I've been about marijuana, in spite of having used it for more than fifty years.

I was at a Willie Nelson concert, took a couple hits from a joint offered to me by a seemingly very normal guy standing next to me, even watched him roll it.
I was pretty experienced with MJ at the time but HOLY CRAP, I had never experienced anything like this.
Tunnel vision, paranoia, hot flashes. Had I been alone, I would have been in trouble. So I agree that this scenario is possible and had no idea till that experience.

While I think we’ve already discussed - at length - the primary possibilities in Jason’s case... I keep coming back to read. I keep hoping he will be found.

It is just such a perplexing case.

Personally I was very much in the Occam’s razor camp of car crash -> head injury -> paradoxical undressing -> hypothermia = he will eventually be found just outside (or even within) the search radius.

Then I watched the video of the drive, which made me think it was quite unlikely Jason would not have realized he had strayed from the correct route.

And yet, I don’t see any evidence that suggests any of the foul play scenarios.

I just don’t know. I just hope Jason is found.

Can we please, please, PLEASE stop talking about paradoxical undressing. I honestly don't think it's nearly as common as 'websleuths' like to make out, and irregeradless [sic] it certainly didn't happen in the hour-ish gap of time we have in those weather conditions.

Can we please, please, PLEASE stop talking about paradoxical undressing. I honestly don't think it's nearly as common as 'websleuths' like to make out, and irregeradless [sic] it certainly didn't happen in the hour-ish gap of time we have in those weather conditions.
Well paradoxical undressing is common in cases of fatal hypothermia, but I don’t think that why he undressed here either. Because like you said, the hour he could have been at the crash scene in those temps doesn’t make that likely IMO for the reason he undressed. I think it was more likely a drug reaction, head injury or maybe even a staged scene. I think he could have died later of hypothermia, but not the reason he undressed.

This case makes me sad. I used to go to the Jimmy John's where he worked, and he was always such a nice young man. I only knew him from seeing him at the drive-through, but it's such a sad and perplexing case. I don't feel like he accidentally got off his route. It seems more like he knew what he was doing at the time he turned off. But that's just my theory.
Welcome!!!

I agree.

“He'd drive into a brick wall if Waze told him to" (quote from his father) and he never turned Waze back on after Snapping with someone back at the intersection in Luling.

That seems like kind of an odd comment from his father. I'm wondering if he switched to SnapChat because he was meeting someone, and it went badly.

I think it was an initial logical reason they thought for him wrecking on that road. Who knows if they still think that. It never made sense to me that he accidentally ended up where he did. It’s WAY too far down a dark, gravel road.

eta. Quotes have been acting weird lately!

Last edited by a moderator:

Respectfully ...

This is a chat forum that tries to explore all possibilities involved in a person's disappearance. Paradoxical undressing could potentially be a factor, whether it seems likely or not. Unless the admins ask otherwise, I think it's important to keep all of the possibilities out there. IMO.

I have never bought the idea that he wandered off naked. My theory: He wrecked and decided to change clothes, he neatly laid his watch on the road and folded the clothes he took off on top of it, changed clothes and shoes and something happened. I think he fully intended to put the clothes he took off back into his backpack. Why he was down SFR is anybody's guess. This is still all puzzling....

If JL was walking on the road back to Luling the distance of 900 ft being equivalent to 3 football fields indicates he was not still close to the crash site. LE has not said if the additional items found were another 900 consecutive feet apart but that is the impression given. If JL was walking on the road then he wasn't running around crazy hiding and burrowing as evidenced by his belongings on the road. He was walking on the road back to Luling. If he was exhausted and dying he would've been found along the road he was walking.
So my thinking is if he was hiding or burrowing the scene was staged, not the accident itself but the items. I don't think he burrowed I think he was walking on the road as the evidence indicates and I think he got further than a few yards from the crash as the evidence indicates. How close is 1800 feet to the house identified with 34 registered sex offenders living in it? MOO

If JL was walking on the road back to Luling the distance of 900 ft being equivalent to 3 football fields indicates he was not still close to the crash site. LE has not said if the additional items found were another 900 consecutive feet apart but that is the impression given. If JL was walking on the road then he wasn't running around crazy hiding and burrowing as evidenced by his belongings on the road. He was walking on the road back to Luling. If he was exhausted and dying he would've been found along the road he was walking.
So my thinking is if he was hiding or burrowing the scene was staged, not the accident itself but the items. I don't think he burrowed I think he was walking on the road as the evidence indicates and I think he got further than a few yards from the crash as the evidence indicates. How close is 1800 feet to the house identified with 34 registered sex offenders living in it? MOO
Quite a distance...several miles. Drove by there last week and it is at least a mile and a half or two even from Magnolia and Austin street, the intersection where his last digital footprint was indicated.

I think he had those clothes in his backpack too ,the LE pics show the clothes wrinkle up . When he was wearing them in his SS the shirt is not wrinkled. I think he changed into something else right before his trip and threw those in his backpack . MHO

I think he had those clothes in his backpack too ,the LE pics show the clothes wrinkle up . When he was wearing them in his SS the shirt is not wrinkled. I think he changed into something else right before his trip and threw those in his backpack . MHO
Maybe, but why the watch, underwear and shoes in the road with the clothes? It certainly seems like a complete outfit that he would have been wearing. MOO

Welcome!!!

Is there a link to these photos? I didn't know there were any until now. Thanks!

Someone with that expertise tested and confirmed there wasn't cell service at that area. I think it was posted by Jim West.

Funny you should bring up JimWest... he hasn't posted in a month. Speaking of 'here today, gone tomorrow'... TxHeritage has gone missing as well. ~6 wks ago he said he didn't "think Jason drove to the scene of the accident" and would post why he thinks that the next day. Nothing but a tease. lol

Funny you should bring up JimWest... he hasn't posted in a month. Speaking of 'here today, gone tomorrow'... TxHeritage has gone missing as well. ~6 wks ago he said he didn't "think Jason drove to the scene of the accident" and would post why he thinks that the next day. Nothing but a tease. lol
Interesting, both the theory and the fact those two haven't posted (although I am new here).
So I suppose if he did not drive to the scene and IF the vehicle had been properly processed, seat location, fingerprints, etc., this theory could possibly be proven or disproven?

Life is returning to normal and possibly people are losing interest or maybe they're fearful of local retaliation. Just a thought. MOO

This is Webslueths, it's part of talking about cases. Hypothermia can happen in degrees not expected.

Respectfully ...

This is a chat forum that tries to explore all possibilities involved in a person's disappearance. Paradoxical undressing could potentially be a factor, whether it seems likely or not. Unless the admins ask otherwise, I think it's important to keep all of the possibilities out there. IMO.
I wish there was a love button to press!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23