Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I am skeptical that "it is not uncommon for people who view adult *advertiser censored* for years and years to get desensitized to it thus they seek out more graphic *advertiser censored*."

I have no links easily at hand to support this, but I think the vast majority of people who view adult *advertiser censored* have categories that they continually seek out, and never escalate to worse things, and would be horrified and sickened by CSAM rather than aroused.

That being said, I think people who want the kind of atrocities that Duggar accessed will not find what they are seeking on mainstream *advertiser censored* sites, so will dig deeper to find it, which could be termed an escalation.

But I think those people are uncommon rather than not uncommon.

IMOO, IMHO, all that jazz. Factors could include frequency of consumption and the type of adult *advertiser censored* consumed. As adults and hormones mature, one would hope that other than sexual interests and desires would evolve and become an important part of the whole self, in addition to being a sexual being.

I am not equating drinking alcohol with watching adult *advertiser censored*, but I can't land on a better way to illustrate. U.S. society doesn't get too concerned when one in his early 20s over his over-imbibing on the weekend and having to hail a ride, even if it's frequent. Move that ahead 10-20 years, and our society has different expectations of that same adult. Meaning, we expect his life to be about more than just partying on the weekends. We've probably all got that one friend from H.S. who just doesn't seem to outgrow being so consumed with his need to party, long after we've settled into a responsible adult routine. We might even call that person an addict.

IMOO, some people, in a similar way, don't become about anything more than immediate gratification. In that way, I could see adult *advertiser censored* consumption, under the right circumstances, becoming a gateway, if you will. No, I'm not calling what Josh is accused of a disease. I'm merely illustrating how humans can become dissatisfied or desensitized to things or unmotivated or unwilling to see the need to be anything other than "me" oriented.

Let me further say that I am in NO WAY making any excuses whatsoever for Josh.

Respectfully, I am skeptical that "it is not uncommon for people who view adult *advertiser censored* for years and years to get desensitized to it thus they seek out more graphic *advertiser censored*."

I have no links easily at hand to support this, but I think the vast majority of people who view adult *advertiser censored* have categories that they continually seek out, and never escalate to worse things, and would be horrified and sickened by CSAM rather than aroused.

That being said, I think people who want the kind of atrocities that Duggar accessed will not find what they are seeking on mainstream *advertiser censored* sites, so will dig deeper to find it, which could be termed an escalation.

My point was that most people on child sexual abuse sites escalated from adult *advertiser censored* sites. Adult *advertiser censored* is a gateway to child sexual abuse.

Most people on adult *advertiser censored* sites do not escalate into watching child sexual abuse.

Most people watching child sexual abuse sites do escalate from adult *advertiser censored*.

Josh fits the typical pattern of having escalated from viewing sex with adults to viewing sex with children.

He has even escalated MORE. An 18 month old being hung upside down and tortured.

He has potential to escalate further to REAL children.

I had listed 4 links about escalation and a first person account.

I am sorry you went through that. I constantly repeat that they need to change the laws and increase penalties. More often children/teens do not even know that the assaulter can get arrested and by the time they do, they are adults themselves and the limits are up.
I found this PDF that breaks it down for all the states and the statutes. I hope you live in one where there is no limit!

Link: https://mediaassets.theindychannel.com/docs/sol-for-sexual-assault.pdf

This is very helpful, thank you. I would like to know the same data by state for when the perpetrator is still legally a minor, not yet 18.

Please, anyone reading my post, take it as a MASSIVE TRIGGER WARNING for reading that Wikipedia article. It is horrific and sick, and I recommend not reading it, and if you do, please take care of yourself and do what you need to feel better afterwards.

This man was so evil that some people on the case wanted to bring the death penalty back to the Philippines specifically for him. I feel that tells you everything you need to know.

I've taken your recommendation to heart and will not be reading it, not even clicking on it.

I escaped several abusers, but at least 2 of them moved on to people very close to me.
I can't believe that I never saw that those 2 were grooming me, until tonight.
I'm sorry about that.

This case has brought up memories for me of suspect behavior by a older male relative that I didn't recognize until NOW as suspect. And I am having foggy memories of other female relatives knowing it was wrong/weird and trying to shield the girls while also laughing off the behavior. The memories are disturbing, but so is that fact I didn't understand them until NOW, as a middle-aged woman myself.

jmo

Anna Duggar should have divorced Josh Duggar years ago, source says

Federal authorities said they began investigating after a Little Rock police detective found child *advertiser censored* files were being shared by a computer that investigators traced to Duggar.

Who did he share with?

He probably used a bit torrent, which uses multiple computers to carry the bandwidth for uploading the shared files. This way, the central server isn't overloaded by a bunch of computers. He wouldn't know who he was sharing the files with.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

The quasi "forbidden fruit" (sex), is always front and center in the Duggar family. The combination of denied, repressed, creates an unhealthy obsession for some people, that turns into a full blown psychopathology.

I am not sure what turns people from casual consensual adult *advertiser censored* connoisseurs to someone like Josh Duggar who has turned *advertiser censored* watching not only into a full blown addiction, but also into a twisted side that became a fetish into more inappropriate content. CSAM.

He is a danger to children.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not religious but I heartily agree with this particular bible verse. From your link:

The gospel singer posted the Bible verse Mark 9:42 on her Instagram account on Wednesday. It reads: "Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were put around his neck and he were thrown into the sea."

However, I don’t believe any little ones can sin but I get the gist. A millstone would look nice on Josh IMO.

Last edited:
  • He probably used a bit torrent, which uses multiple computers to carry the bandwidth for uploading the shared files. This way, the central server isn't overloaded by a bunch of computers. He wouldn't know who he was sharing the files with.

Not know who he is sharing with? Then why is he uploading?

Why is he uploading to a bunch of computers instead of just sharing a file with someone he knows?

Not know who he is sharing with? Then why is he uploading?

Why is he uploading to a bunch of computers instead of just sharing a file with someone he knows?

It's the dark web, he's not sharing files with anybody he knows. His friends and family had no idea he was downloading/sharing these files. From aMay 5th Law & Crime article on Josh Duggar:

"According to Faulkner, the investigation began after a Little Rock detective saw the transmission of known child *advertiser censored* files through the peer-to-peer file-sharing software BitTorrent."

It's hard for me to explain, so you might try googling or youtubing 'peer to peer bittorrent explained,' or 'what is p2p file sharing'. Through the bit torrent program, the secret operating system on his computer downloaded the child sexual abuse files from a bunch of other computers. At the same time, his computer sent out the same files, or bits of them, to other computers. There is no centralized server.

Normally, say, here on the WS forum, when I respond to you or you to me, it is sent to WS's server, not to each other's computers. So, say a whole bunch of sleuths are commenting at the same time, well, that might cause the WS server to lag or slow down so that you can't load pages. That won't happen with a bit torrent; since the data is coming from many computers, not one central server.

ETA: I apologize in advance if I've confused you.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> The quasi "forbidden fruit" (sex), is always front and center in the Duggar family. The combination of denied, repressed, creates an unhealthy obsession for some people, that turns into a full blown psychopathology.

I am not sure what turns people from casual consensual adult *advertiser censored* connoisseurs to someone like Josh Duggar who has turned *advertiser censored* watching not only into a full blown addiction, but also into a twisted side that became a fetish into more inappropriate content. CSAM.

He is a danger to children.
Right - it's the combination of suppression and total availability. Of wives who are expected to be girl-like and sweet and also constantly available for sex. That messes with the mind, imo - to be in a culture where half the population is kept childishly submissive while also sex objects (plus work horses) whether they want to be any of that or not.

jmo

Last edited:
It's the dark web, he's not sharing files with anybody he knows. His friends and family had no idea he was downloading/sharing these files. From aMay 5th Law & Crime article on Josh Duggar:

"According to Faulkner, the investigation began after a Little Rock detective saw the transmission of known child *advertiser censored* files through the peer-to-peer file-sharing software BitTorrent."

It's hard for me to explain, so you might try googling or youtubing 'peer to peer bittorrent explained,' or 'what is p2p file sharing'. Through the bit torrent program, the secret operating system on his computer downloaded the child sexual abuse files from a bunch of other computers. At the same time, his computer sent out the same files, or bits of them, to other computers. There is no centralized server.

Normally, say, here on the WS forum, when I respond to you or you to me, it is sent to WS's server, not to each other's computers. So, say a whole bunch of sleuths are commenting at the same time, well, that might cause the WS server to lag or slow down so that you can't load pages. That won't happen with a bit torrent; since the data is coming from many computers, not one central server.

Such a good article from Law & Crime....thanks. And thanks for info.
That article helped, I bookmarked it. I am learning more about the dark web now and covert file sharing done under the cover of darkness....no wonder it's called the dark web.

So when I hear Josh went from touching his sisters to watching adult *advertiser censored* to then seeking real life sex with multiple partners, to viewing child sexual abuse to viewing escalating child sexual abuse etc..
Snipped for focus.

This would imply Josh was into *advertiser censored* before he assaulted his sisters. And, yes, maybe it was CSAM before he assaulted his sisters.

IMO Josh has a much longer history than published. He also learned somehow to use and manipulate technology. Plus, he had access to it.

He might actually beat this. Believe it or not, the bar is really high on CSA photos. Unless he also had them on his phone. And even then, he could off very light.

I have seen people caught with a ton of CSA on their computers, they said it was sent to them, they downloaded it without looking at it. Someone else used their phone/computer. Blah blah...they went to the site, and by "accident" clicked on the wrong page, which became a rabbit hole...

The way people get nailed, is actually sharing files, sending it to someone. That is an action. That is how Jared Fogel was in trouble. But the receipt of CSA, is passive. "Yeah, I didn't know what it was...". Happens all of the time with military. Although, they usually get investigated and not charged.

Not sure what the difference is here.

Josh had evidently partitioned his computer, with his own PW, and logged onto specific dark web sites to get this CSAM. It's not possible to have magically showed up on his computer by clicking around. He personally had to go through many hoops to get it.

Josh had evidently partitioned his computer, with his own PW, and logged onto specific dark web sites to get this CSAM. It's not possible to have magically showed up on his computer by clicking around. He personally had to go through many hoops to get it.

Yes, I did a bit more research after I posted that. I thought that this was "normal" stuff.

Nope. Josh is going down.

This. Totally. I would venture to bet that a majority of folks are titillated by *advertiser censored*. Heck, that's what sexuality is.

IMO it's important—an issue very relevant in this case—not to confuse criminal uses/views of *advertiser censored*/CSAM/sex-trafficking etc. with regular ol' "get your jollies to enhance your evening with your spouse" stuff.

Here's a sensible data-driven presentation of *advertiser censored*-viewing: How Much Time Does the World Spend Watching *advertiser censored*?

I seriously doubt that back when Josh was a teen, touching his sisters that he had access to online *advertiser censored* of any kind. His parents had him locked down too tight.

when he moved the family to DC is when he got online and learned how to access it. It’s MOO that he had plenty of time and access of computers there that he learned all about online *advertiser censored*, the Ashley Madison site, etc.

When he got home, he quickly realized that his time alone at the car lot gave him the freedom to explore and he happened upon the dark web and expanded his dark desires. Then he got caught because as smug as he is, he was too stupid/ naive to believe he would get caught.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member