UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, long time lurker here after previously being a member and my account now no longer recognised. I Originally came to WS at the time of Joanna Yeates case and follow most big UK cases since. Reason for post now on this horrific case, is that no one seems to have picked up on the other photos of the searches and item/s being removed from property. These pics are on a page that posted a lot during the Sarah Everard case and easy to find, obviously I won't post a link as they aren't in the msm reports, the photos from same searches/time and a video also. I hope I'm not out of line posting this. I hope LE can bring this terrible case to a swift conclusion, RIP Julia.

Thanks for this! On twitter?

Thanks for this! On twitter?

Long time lurker, first time poster too! On the latest Daily Mail article there’s images of the forensics team carrying out a rather large, tube-like object. Almost looks like it could be some sort of bat? But it’s not entirely clear what it is exactly, so don’t want to speculate!

Long time lurker, first time poster too! On the latest Daily Mail article there’s images of the forensics team carrying out a rather large, tube-like object. Almost looks like it could be some sort of bat? But it’s not entirely clear what it is exactly, so don’t want to speculate!
Ahh ok, wasn't on there earlier I don't think

The Kent police release states the suspect arrested is from the Canterbury area which technically does include Aylesham/Snowdown but media reports state he was arrested 8 miles away from the crime scene which fits nicely for Canterbury. Like I say police are being particularly cagey with certain details. I'm sure if there is a charge things will be a little clearer.

A wild theory: Maybe police had reason to believe the suspect was holed up somewhere in Aylesham but couldn't get a break and released his image as a last resort to get him to bolt?
That could be the media taking the Canterbury in the police statement then measuring the distance and saying Canterbury town is 8 miles away therefore he was arrested 8 miles away when it wasn't Canterbury town at all just the area.

I don't think that's a murder weapon. It looks like a small rug that has been rolled up. Assuming we are looking at the same thing.

It looks to me like it has a narrow handle at the bottom, though? There is also what appears some translucent green plastic towards the top, which looks like it could be a cover of some sort? Again, not clear what exactly it is.

It looks to me like it has a narrow handle at the bottom, though? There is also what appears some translucent green plastic towards the top, which looks like it could be a cover of some sort? Again, not clear what exactly it is.

Yup - looks like it come be some sort rig, maybe a UV lighting one, and probably wrapped to stop cross contamination.

It's not a carpet or a golf club, that's for sure

Attachments

• ws.JPG
    ws.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 170
Yup - looks like it come be some sort rig, maybe a UV lighting one, and probably wrapped to stop cross contamination.

It's not a carpet or a golf club, that's for sure

It looks a bit clearer in this pic so probably not a rug.

It's possible to kill someone with a golf club but it's not the sort of thing people carry around unless it's in a bag, in which case, they would take the whole bag as evidence l would have thought.

lf you thought you were going to follow someone or lie in wait with murder in mind, (l know you can never be 100% sure) l don't think you would grab a golf club to take. Something you can conceal would be a more obvious choice.

It looks a bit clearer in this pic so probably not a rug.

It's possible to kill someone with a golf club but it's not the sort of thing people carry around unless it's in a bag, in which case, they would take the whole bag as evidence l would have thought.

lf you thought you were going to follow someone or lie in wait with murder in mind, (l know you can never be 100% sure) l don't think you would grab a golf club to take. Something you can conceal would be a more obvious choice.

Yes, that was my thought too after thinking about it. What could be more suspicious than a man walking around in broad daylight wielding a baseball bat, golf club or similar? If an item like this WAS the weapon, surely the murderer would attempt to hide or conceal it, somewhere in the woodlands perhaps - not carry it home through a relatively well-occupied housing estate. Or risk carrying it into a house with other occupants..

Yes very true, there would be an element of discretion, surely. Especially with the press camped out.
Well, overall, the press haven't been particularly respectful in terms of images of the house, the car, reg plates, the police evidence report, the items being removed etc. Maybe the police should have had a wider area sealed off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak