Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see how with 7 kids and two adults he would not ever be alone with them. Anna cooks, anna teaches the older kids, anna goes to the restroom, anna showers, and anna sleeps. So unless he has an assigned chaperone 24/7 from the larger family I’m betting he HAS been alone with the kids.

Heck he was able to assault his sisters and babysitters in the big house with over 20 people living there. His little children are at great risk. He's a monster and should never be allowed around anybody under 21.

Heck he was able to assault his sisters and babysitters in the big house with over 20 people living there. His little children are at great risk. He's a monster and should never be allowed around anybody under 21.

Actually, when he assaulted his siblings, they lived in a much smaller, three bedroom home. Before they had any money, even before TLC started filming the family.

<modsnip>

When a child misbehaves, goes against scripture, disrespects parents, etc....I assume it would be the male head of the family's job to administer punishment, the rod, etc.

I wonder if such "discipline" is routinely done behind closed doors, away from the other children's view. If so, I hope none of his kids misbehaves in any way during any "Anna-supervised" visitation. That would certainly be (and I strenuously hope hasn't already been) a great excuse for Josh to create conditions for abuse. Under the guise of due discipline, the victim would likely blame themselves and report nothing. I pray he hasn't thought of this, and/or that this is not how the cult handles their "training" of children. I just see so many reasons for these kids to be kept far, far away from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip, quoted post removed>
We are all sinners, second that is not what that verse means. For people who touch children will be thrown into the lake of fire. And this person to cause someone to stumble.

I don’t see how with 7 kids and two adults he would not ever be alone with them. Anna cooks, anna teaches the older kids, anna goes to the restroom, anna showers, and anna sleeps. So unless he has an assigned chaperone 24/7 from the larger family I’m betting he HAS been alone with the kids.
Yes and six kids all close together, home schooling and more often than not pregnant, I bet that she sleeps like a log when she does get the chance. Nothing to stop him roaming in the night like he did to his sisters.

Yes and six kids all close together, home schooling and more often than not pregnant, I bet that she sleeps like a log when she does get the chance. Nothing to stop him roaming in the night like he did to his sisters.
To be honest, I don't remember sleeping like a log when my kids were little, and especially not when pregnant or with a baby who needed to be fed/diapered during the night. In fact, I remember the first time I slept through the night after having kids - it felt like a long-awaited miracle! :)

I don't think she gets much rest, fwiw.

jmo

To be honest, I don't remember sleeping like a log when my kids were little, and especially not when pregnant or with a baby who needed to be fed/diapered during the night. In fact, I remember the first time I slept through the night after having kids - it felt like a miracle! :)

jmo
Nor did I but I never had six children and was expected to submit myself 'joyfully' to my husband's demands.

<modsnip>

IMHO Anna needs to get out of there. Anna needed to get out of there after the Ashley Madison event. Anna needed to turn & walk away without saying buh-bye to the guy who sexually assaulted his five-year-old sister after cornering her in the laundry room.

Check out this case with similarities:
Small, clearly defined religious community
Patriarchy
Vulnerable child victimized repeatedly

GUILTY - MO - Amish Girl, 13, raped by 4 brothers for 2 years, impregnated, Webster County, Sept 2020 no jail

BTW if you don't read the entire thread, the 2 adult rapists are incarcerated because they didn't follow court orders re: no contact with the victim!

The two juvenile perps, IDK, juvenile records are sealed.

jmho ymmv lrr

<modsnip> She is a woman who lead a very sheltered life, homeschooled. She has never had a job, supported herself, and has been groomed to be obedient to her husband.

Anna ended up in a family that has done nothing but exploit her, including making a modest young Christian woman give birth to her first child at home, with a full camera crew in attendance. No options.

I used to watch this show, and felt so badly for her, when the Duggar family moved her and Josh to D.C. she was pregnant, with three small children, and the family showed up, expecting dinner for 20. WTH?!

This young woman has been judged over and over again, by people who have far more education and experience than her. She has been married to a man who has cheated on her, lied to her, used her, and who knows what else she has gone through.

Blame Josh Duggar, for what he had done. Anna Duggar, has done nothing but been a dutiful Christian wife. She is a victim. And I am not even sure her own parents would support her leaving her husband, after all, she believes that he is being persecuted.

Anna hasn't had any opportunities to really think for herself or make her own decisions. I would be surprised if she even has access to any money.

This may be a contributing factor, but IMOO the sex-charged religious environment has a TON to do with it, in this case and probably a large portion of others. I grew up in a very strict Catholic home, where anything sexual was fiercely forbidden on pain of eternal torture. And no, I am not a pedophile, or into any other deviant behavior, but I do know that my upbringing was focused, I mean zeroed in, on sex taboos (they were louder in their constant vigilance against them than any natural evolving awareness would have been), and I've studied myself enough to realize that my repression is unhealthy and thinly masked. I'm an avoider (not completely, I do have relationships and kids), but I have relatives with sex addictions and *advertiser censored* convictions. Sooo.. IMOO...the environment played a huge factor in this case. I also was, like Josh, brought up in a home where the forbidden was constantly surveilled, while at the same time my parents were quite vocal about their own sexual interests and sex life. My mother actually wrote an "i" on her wall calendar on certain dates and when, at 5, I asked her what that meant, she casually said, "those are the days we had intercourse."
I can't explain what that combo of mixed messages and the lack of proper boundaries does to a child's head. I'm just grateful that I internalized my sexual confusion and was never drawn to perversions. That may be where the genetic component kicks in in Josh's case. My mother wasn't emotionally available either, so I can understand that link.

What's your opinion of the two articles? I found them interesting. Certainly, more research is needed. Previous to those two articles, I hadn't read any article in which authors dared posit a cause.

I do hear you concerning mixed messages on sex in an environment that takes a rather severe approach in guarding minors against exposure to the topic, while at the same time caregivers are frank about married adults engaging in it. In my opinion only, that can cause its own obstacles in adolescence and adulthood; however, I don't see it making anyone more likely to be a sexual predator or pedophile or to consume CSAM. I have seen it as the likely root of many short-lived marriages in those whose religious and/or moral convictions forbid them from having sex outside the covenant of marriage. (For various reasons, I've had the misfortune of sitting through many more wedding ceremonies than I think are my fair share. :rolleyes:)

When I think about sex abusers on the whole, I don't see religion being a significant factor. For the most part, I still consider it something that may assist one who is having thoughts to abuse in not following through with those thoughts.

Whatever is at the heart of this epidemic, I'd say pandemic, but somehow that word has lost its punch, something must be done and quickly. Globally, we're losing the battle, and it's my belief that we're losing it on all fronts. It seems to run through all strata of society and throughout all countries.

Except he didn’t know or forgot that hitting the delete button on your keyboard doesn’t remove stuff from your hard drive. Oops!

How could he access the dark web, set up a partition to override the Nanny software, and forget that hitting delete does not remove or overwrite it? That's the only part that I'm struggling with as far as factual continuity. (All of the facts disturb me, btw.)

<modsnip>

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that it's next to impossible for me to imagine a periodical publishing her entire comment on the matter in context. They like to chop and swap. IMOO

<modsnip> She is a woman who lead a very sheltered life, homeschooled. She has never had a job, supported herself, and has been groomed to be obedient to her husband.

Anna ended up in a family that has done nothing but exploit her, including making a modest young Christian woman give birth to her first child at home, with a full camera crew in attendance. No options.

I used to watch this show, and felt so badly for her, when the Duggar family moved her and Josh to D.C. she was pregnant, with three small children, and the family showed up, expecting dinner for 20. WTH?!

This young woman has been judged over and over again, by people who have far more education and experience than her. She has been married to a man who has cheated on her, lied to her, used her, and who knows what else she has gone through.

Blame Josh Duggar, for what he had done. Anna Duggar, has done nothing but been a dutiful Christian wife. She is a victim. And I am not even sure her own parents would support her leaving her husband, after all, she believes that he is being persecuted.

Anna hasn't had any opportunities to really think for herself or make her own decisions. I would be surprised if she even has access to any money.

I never watched the show. I am appalled that a camera crew was present at what should have been a very private, intimate celebration between a husband and wife, bringing their first child into the world.

At 14, Josh had no unsupervised access to other girls besides his sisters. In my opinion, he is a predator and if he had access to other girls he would have done it to even more kids. If his parents didn't "teach" him that it was not okay to experiment sexually, to touch girls and to be alone with a girl, he would've still done what he did. If he had been a "normal" kid holding hands, kissing, and eventually engaging in a relationship with sex involved, he would've still molested and abused girls. It's who he is. As far as we know, none of his other brothers did any of the disgusting, vile things he has done.

Plenty of boys are raised that way and never molest or abuse anyone. I think Jim Bob and Michelle are guilty of not dealing with the situation properly. But not of what he has become, he did it by himself. They didn't cause this. They did protect him too much. They did forgive him too much. Maybe if he was properly punished and guided when he molested his sisters, he wouldn't have victimized even more girls. He is a real danger, so I'm guessing he would've still found ways to keep doing this.

In a family with SO MANY children of all ages running around at all times, I can't imagine his parents and his sisters just trust him. Seriously, don't his brothers in law feel weird having him around their kids?

To be honest, I don't remember sleeping like a log when my kids were little, and especially not when pregnant or with a baby who needed to be fed/diapered during the night. In fact, I remember the first time I slept through the night after having kids - it felt like a long-awaited miracle! :)

jmo
Imagine trying to get any sleep when you have 6 kids and a pedophile husband. Maybe she will get some sleep while he is away although I doubt it because this is a real life nightmare she and her children are living. IMO

Mod Note:
I know this is an emotionally charged thread, but please keep in mind the thread is about Josh and his actions. Posts that continue to discuss family members that have not been named as a POI in this case will be removed.

A reminder of the rules can be found below. The Rules

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

If you are knowledgeable enough to do things with the computer or get someone to show you. I am assuming that someone taught him how to access the dark web. Kids learn what they are exposed to, hurting children, The feds probably have what they need. Things like this the feds are going to watch carefully to make sure they have what they need to make sure all the evidence is there , enough to convict. Everyone involved needs help. I hope they all get it.

Mod Note:
I know this is an emotionally charged thread, but please keep in mind the thread is about Josh and his actions. Posts that continue to discuss family members that have not been named as a POI in this case will be removed.

A reminder of the rules can be found below. The Rules

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
Thank you, I am not going to bash anyone. But I hope they all get help.

Anna knew before she married Josh that he was a child molester and chose to marry him and have his children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member